Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Grandma Groks!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

• If you ever want a good laugh, go to Starbucks and watch the faces of the people around you when you order your Chai tea made with heavy cream. I was getting so many "I guess she doesn't care how she looks" looks that I spoke up and said "I've lost thirty pounds since June doing this. Why would I want non-fat?"

When my sister ordered hers with nonfat I told the guy I wanted fullfat and he said "Two percent?". FULL FAT. "Oh, whole milk? We also have half and half and heavy cream." YES! HEAVY CREAM!!

Sheesh.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
        If you ever want a good laugh, go to Starbucks and watch the faces of the people around you when you order your Chai tea made with heavy cream. I was getting so many "I guess she doesn't care how she looks" looks that I spoke up and said "I've lost thirty pounds since June doing this. Why would I want non-fat?"

When my sister ordered hers with nonfat I told the guy I wanted fullfat and he said "Two percent?". FULL FAT. "Oh, whole milk? We also have half and half and heavy cream." YES! HEAVY CREAM!!

Sheesh.
        making mental note that they have heavy cream...
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          If you ever want a good laugh, go to Starbucks and watch the faces of the people around you when you order your Chai tea made with heavy cream. I was getting so many "I guess she doesn't care how she looks" looks that I spoke up and said "I've lost thirty pounds since June doing this. Why would I want non-fat?"

Sheesh.
          Aw man it is so hard for me to find coffee shops with heavy cream. I've taken to bringing my own.

In other Starbucks news, tho, here's my stupid CW moment from my family Xmas dinner last night. My aunt (who has been very heavy for as long as I can remember) was saying how she gets large flavored Starbucks drinks every day. EVERY DAY. my grandma asked her if she got those "Carmel things" and my aunt said "Carmel macchiatos? Oh no, only sometimes. Those are TOO sweet, they're like a dessert."

I bit my tounge to keep from saying "THEY ARE ALL DESSERTS!!!!!!"
          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
            Aw man it is so hard for me to find coffee shops with heavy cream. I've taken to bringing my own.

In other Starbucks news, tho, here's my stupid CW moment from my family Xmas dinner last night. My aunt (who has been very heavy for as long as I can remember) was saying how she gets large flavored Starbucks drinks every day. EVERY DAY. my grandma asked her if she got those "Carmel things" and my aunt said "Carmel macchiatos? Oh no, only sometimes. Those are TOO sweet, they're like a dessert."

I bit my tounge to keep from saying "THEY ARE ALL DESSERTS!!!!!!"
            I admire your restraint..LOL
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Had to get some blood tests the other day. I was told to fast before giving the blood. Anyway I went to get my bloods at around 3 in the arvo and the conversation went:
              Nurse: When was the last time you ate?
              Me: Around 7 last night.
              Nurse nearly faints: Are you okay.
              Me: yeah.
              Nurse: Fastings only supposed to be twelve hours at most.
              Me: Twelve hours. I sleep nine hours. How is that a fast?

Also, talking with a nutritionist turned up a few gems:
              1. You shouldn't eat beef because it takes so long to digest.
              2. You need to eat six small meals a day. She almost fell out of her seat when I told her I used to eat only one meal a day.
              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                making mental note that they have heavy cream...
                My local Joe Muggs (inside Books-a-Million) has heavy cream, as does my church's coffee bar, and for the same reason... I bring it and they keep it for me. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                  Oooh, how do you go about transporting liquids? I want to carry around coconut cream with me, but it's too much of a hassle with the temperature regulation, finding containers, etc.
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• The positive on the news today they were lambasting Trans-Fat in foods....The Negative they said Sat fat is just as bad....sigh.
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

Comment

• My mom commented about keeping Christmas dinner light by having pork roast this year (my dad had a heart attack around Thanksgiving).

Uh...

She also said she wanted to use grapeseed oil on her cas tiron pan because it's low in cholesterol and carbohydrates, as she puts low-fat cream cheese on a bagel. I kept my mouth shut.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                        Oooh, how do you go about transporting liquids? I want to carry around coconut cream with me, but it's too much of a hassle with the temperature regulation, finding containers, etc.
                        Honestly, I hjavent been going to coffee shops that often lately, so when I do I just go to a corner market or something on my way and get a small carton of cream. I leave it on the table next to me, and on my way home I just carry it carefully. I recently brought some eggnog to work in a small canning jar. I just had it in my lunch sack and closed it REAL tight and that worked pretty well.

Temperature regulation is something else entirely. I honestly dont worry about it too much, since cream isnt going to spoil with just a few hours of sitting on a counter. But then I also live in SF, where the temperature is consistently cooler. If you were somewhere much hotter it might be trickier. Perhaps a small thermos?
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Billboard I saw from the interstate during holiday travel: "Last exit with McDonalds for 30 miles!" Written in BOLD CAPS like it was an emergency and we should all pull off the highway right away in case we couldn't make it 30 more miles without a McD's fix!! lol
                          It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
                          Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

• Well at work they are pushing free memberships of weight watchers for the new year and a member of HR said today to me at lunch if I am going to join and I said I have lost 60lbs eating what I have been and am more then content to keep doing what I am doing... (take bite out of bacon)

Comment

• On Facebook Person1 : OMG I feel like a nine month pregnant lady after all the food I ate this christmas. Person 2: Should have eaten low fat stuff
                              Person 1: I did! all I ate was low fat! Person 2: thats weird.

Facepalm

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
                                I have an amazingly hilarious experience to share:

My extended family and I were all eating dinner tonight, and everyone -- my mother, father, siblings, etc. -- were ripping on me because I was only eating meat and salad, and lots of it, and declining the bread and desserts. After a few minutes of everyone telling me how unhealthy my way of eating is, my eighty-eight-year-old grandmother, who until this point had been quiet, spoke up.

"Have you guys noticed how fat Shawn's gotten?" she asks.

Everyone grows quiet, confused. "No," my mom says, "he's not fat at all."

My grandma nods. "Then shut up and let him eat how he wants to eat. He's clearly doing better than everyone else here."

They left me alone after that.
                                Awesome!! tell it like it is gramma!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X