No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've now been at this almost a year and my husband finally said last night that he was thinking about giving it a shot. At least giving up gluten. He's starting to notice that he doesn't feel good after he eats a lot of bread or pasta. He's always tired the next day. And, though he won't admit it, he farts like a gatling gun. His digestion has been bad for so long that he doesn't see how abnormal it is.

Comment

• My aunt is trying to eat healthy. In fact, she considers herself incredibly strict and unmoving when it comes to keeping her diet healthy. I suppose that's why when we had taco salad for dinner the other night, she had refused and instead made herself grilled chicken with Shake n' Bake and Riceroni.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
        ...farts like a gatling gun.
        Had me snort-laughing!
        Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerfeet View Post
          . What really gets me is she's always talking about how she's getting old and it's perfectly normal to take antacids all the time because that's just the way it is. The best part? She's 28.
          HA! haha

come to think of it, i dont remember the last time i had acid reflux since going paleo.
          We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
          Current Weight: 224 lb
          Goal: 190-200 lb
          Height: 6'-0"

Comment

My coworker was asking around if anybody had ever had an ulcer because she thought she might have one. She went on to explain how she always feels super bad after she eats a meal, how the pretzel she just had made her stomach hurt. She talked about how she takes prilosec every day and she's fine but she forgot it today and oh does anybody have some? Three people had some for her in their desks (there's only 10 people in this room). What really gets me is she's always talking about how she's getting old and it's perfectly normal to take antacids all the time because that's just the way it is. The best part? She's 28.
            This literally makes me sad But then again, I work with a girl about this age and she has IBS, is on anti-depressants, and gets severe abdominal upsets if she eats anything with tomatoes, but is "fine" eating tons of bread, candy, fat-free milk, etc.

On a sidenote, I'm really broke lately (I had to borrow gas money from my roomie and have no money for food), so at work today I gave in and ate some of these "really good" rolls someone brought, just so that I would have food. Well, it was kinda dry so I wanted to put butter or something on it, and of course there isn't any butter in the fridge there, but there WAS a huge ass tub of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Now, I haven't eaten something similar to that in at least a year, and my curiosity at how nasty it would be got the best of me. So I tried it and...holy shit. I can DEFINITELY believe it's not butter, because it tastes like melted plastic! How do people subsist on this crap???????
            "The mountains are calling and I must go."
            --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
            --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
            --Hyperlithic

Comment

• Originally posted by Clymb View Post
              This literally makes me sad But then again, I work with a girl about this age and she has IBS, is on anti-depressants, and gets severe abdominal upsets if she eats anything with tomatoes, but is "fine" eating tons of bread, candy, fat-free milk, etc.
              Wow, that was me this past April!
              Except I'm 24 :O

I'm cured now! Now I don't have to eat fart-smelling bread and ass-smelling milk anymore! Go me! :-D

(not that I approve of anti-acids on such a frequent basis, also it was my family saying I had an ulcer :P And my diet was so healthy, I thought... blaming the diet didn't even cross my mind. )
              Last edited by abstractpersona; 12-09-2011, 12:53 PM.
              My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
              Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

My coworker was asking around if anybody had ever had an ulcer because she thought she might have one. She went on to explain how she always feels super bad after she eats a meal, how the pretzel she just had made her stomach hurt. She talked about how she takes prilosec every day and she's fine but she forgot it today and oh does anybody have some? Three people had some for her in their desks (there's only 10 people in this room). What really gets me is she's always talking about how she's getting old and it's perfectly normal to take antacids all the time because that's just the way it is. The best part? She's 28.
                Sad thing is that sounds an awful lot like me. I was getting indigestion and reflux so often I thought I may have been getting an ulcer too. I was trying to blame my constant indigestion and headaches on the stress of my job/getting older and not on my diet and I'm only 27! So glad I found Marks Daily.

Comment

• "If you are enough in tone to listen to your body's food demands why force yourself to eat a full rich meal when all your body wants is some milk and carbohydrates... and a touch of suger."

I just read this in a comic's comment section - and proceeded to enjoy the eye twitch that followed.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                  Congenital Hypothyroid
                  CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Quite likely it is what they're craving for breakfast. Unfortunately, they're interpreting it as being what their body needs rather than being a sign either that they're letting themselves get to hungry in the morning (e.g. from too small a dinner) or that they don't actually need breakfast. Some quick and easy protein food ready to hand would answer the question for them. "Here's an egg, prepared a way you like, and you don't have to cook for yourself, do you want to eat it and a few more like it?" If yes: you are actually hungry and you're so hungry your body is screaming for a quick energy fix because it's given up on the subtle hunger cues. If no: you just don't need breakfast, congratulations, now go do something and stop thinking about food and unnecessarily increasing your appetite.

Comment

• The conversation was centered around cereal for dinner - and how it's okay to have cereal for every meal. It's not unexpected - the demographic for the comic is college age kids.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                      Congenital Hypothyroid
                      CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• That's just frightening.
                        Durp.

Comment

• CW moment of the day:

My roommate's 8 year old daughter stole my bf's box of cereal--and ate the entire thing. He bought this last night, hadn't even opened it.

Also, my roomie keeps saying how he wants to eat paleo like me, and he went shopping and what did he bring back? Smart Balance Light. Again. Ugh. Plus he keeps going to McDonald's and Chipotle and all these places...
                          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                          --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                          --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                          --Hyperlithic

Comment

• my friend is in southern california (from northern) for a couple months and was complaining that he couldn't find decent bread in the area he was in and wondered if it was better where I live (about an hour away). I reminded him that I wouldn't know as I haven't bought bread in nearly 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                              Plus he keeps going to McDonald's and Chipotle and all these places...
                              chipotle is actually one of the best places to get paleoish fast food. burrito bowl with, carnitas, lots of veggies, guac. skip the tortilla and the rice/beans and you're good to go.

Comment

• saw this on Yahoo:

"How to make your holiday cookies healthier:
                                Tip 1: Cut Back on Butter
                                Butter is a popular ingredient when it comes to cookies, but we all know by now that it's loaded with saturated fat. There's no need to get rid of it entirely, but it is a good idea to keep it in check. Try substituting canola oil for at least some of the butter in your recipe or try recipes that call for fat replacements which can be anything from fruit purees to reduced-fat dairy products like low-fat milk or buttermilk. "

sigh! whatever! more butter for us
                                the other tips include: use whole wheat flour, avoid artificial ingredients, and make smaller cookies. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X