Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tcb View Post
    I can eat a half pound of salmon and be starving 30 minutes later...
    Glad I'm not the only one. I have, finally, figured out that having it with mayo helps make it an actual meal vs a snack, but I just can't think of fish as a really solid meal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      My body is different. Fish really fills me up, but beef makes me feel lazy and slow. Possibly our ancestors came from different regions.
      Too funny! I think most people fill up the same on both? We ever dine together, I'll give you a taste of my steak and you let me have some of your fish so we can enjoy both flavors and still get fueled.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
        Too funny! I think most people fill up the same on both? We ever dine together, I'll give you a taste of my steak and you let me have some of your fish so we can enjoy both flavors and still get fueled.
        Ever try bloodline tuna fillet? It is typically thrown away as it is not a "fish-like" cut of meat at all. I cook it rare on the grill - very steak like (in the blood/juice and texture).

You can get it super cheap at any fishmonger that deals alot of tuna. I get it from a Japanese supermarket. Wild caught fillets for $2/lb!

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
          There is no way to read this without thinking of it inappropriately. Just had to point that out.
          "The mountains are calling and I must go."
          --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
          --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
          --Hyperlithic

Comment

• "Smart" food donations:

"Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
              "Smart" food donations:

I don't see any food there. Food doesn't come in boxes.
              Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• I'm with sapphire - and so is dh, who is very physically & ancestrally different from me. In fact, at RAdiant Recovery (sugar addiction program that emphasizes lots of protein to reduce cravings), a lot of people had the experience that fish doesn't fill like meat. I'd think it was just the fat, but salmon is fatty. As fatty as beef? I don't know. Is it the sat fat that really satiates?
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  Try eating a whole can of mackerel?
                  mackerel is also known as "whitefish", correct? I had a bad sushi experience with that one once upon a time... it is a no-go for me.

I really think it is something with Salmon in particular that leaves me feeling hungry. I do not experience it with tuna or any number of freshwater fish that I regularly eat.
                  Last edited by tcb; 12-01-2011, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Apparently people on twitter are up in arms about the white Coke cans because its too confusing for people who want diet. Fuck those polar bears, I just want some Diet Coke!

A Frosty Reception for Coca-Cola's White Christmas Cans - WSJ.com
                    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                    -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                      Apparently people on twitter are up in arms about the white Coke cans because its too confusing for people who want diet. Fuck those polar bears, I just want some Diet Coke!

"Others felt that regular Coke tasted different in the white cans."

i hate people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                        Apparently people on twitter are up in arms about the white Coke cans because its too confusing for people who want diet. Fuck those polar bears, I just want some Diet Coke!

Oh noes, I have to read the can! If I do that I might accidently read the nutrition label and learn just how bad this stuff is for me!
                        Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• "If you find yourself baking a bit over the holidays try the following substitutes for butter or margarine: Non fat sour cream or yogurt, applesauce, mashed bananas or mashed pumpkin. I have a brownie recipe that uses applesauce, honey, and a touch of olive oil and it's so good! By trying these simple swaps you can literally cut hundred's of calories out of your baked goods without feeling deprived. I promise!"

Thanks for the tip Jillian Michaels...
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
                            "If you find yourself baking a bit over the holidays try the following substitutes for butter or margarine: Non fat sour cream or yogurt, applesauce, mashed bananas or mashed pumpkin. I have a brownie recipe that uses applesauce, honey, and a touch of olive oil and it's so good! By trying these simple swaps you can literally cut hundred's of calories out of your baked goods without feeling deprived. I promise!"

Thanks for the tip Jillian Michaels...
                            she really has no issues with grains and carbs does she?
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                              she really has no issues with grains and carbs does she?
                              gahh... but she's hot, even with that lazy eye of hers.

Comment

• hot?? ummm don't see that, course I am a chick. Now you want to talk bods? Bob Harper is riiiiipppped! yum!
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X