No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was completely shocked about an article I read a few days ago. It was about sodium intake and how maybe people without heart disease don't need to be as restrictive as at-risk populations. What just about made me fall out of my chair is that the dietary recommendation at the end was fatty fish, fruits, and vegetables.

No mention of whole grains. No mention of eliminating saturated fat.

Comment

• About time!
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Monsanto is losing. Hooray!

Seed maker Monsanto posts loss amid growing competition, criticism - latimes.com
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          Partly not so great...

Competition from rival DuPont and several other competitors have nibbled away at Monsanto’s long-held dominance of the soybean market.
          But mostly good...

Corn, in general, has been fairly flat.

The company is wrestling with serious criticism, and political and consumer pushback, in the European Union and Japan over its GMO seeds. Environmental concerns and criticisms are mounting in the U.S., as are the complaints of the farming community over the rising price of seeds -- and the legal battles to block planting the company’s GMO alfalfa and sugar beet seeds.
          Durp.

Comment

• Soda is better for you

Comment

• Does this one count? I think it might.

Had a rehearsal (afternoon) and concert (eve) on Saturday. Didn't get round to lunch before leaving for the rehearsal, so I packed up a cooked salmon fillet and some salad, poured over some olive oil/lemon juice, and went. I'd signed up for a meal provided between rehearsal and concert. Well... ate half my lunch before the rehearsal. Found the meal was pizza, garlic bread and chocolate eclair to follow, so sprinted back and ate the second half of my lunch instead. Fine.

Concerned friend afterwards, 'But you didn't eat anything to fill you up!'

Briefly contemplated embarking on an explanation about protein, fat and satiety, but decided against.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                Does this one count? I think it might.

Had a rehearsal (afternoon) and concert (eve) on Saturday. Didn't get round to lunch before leaving for the rehearsal, so I packed up a cooked salmon fillet and some salad, poured over some olive oil/lemon juice, and went. I'd signed up for a meal provided between rehearsal and concert. Well... ate half my lunch before the rehearsal. Found the meal was pizza, garlic bread and chocolate eclair to follow, so sprinted back and ate the second half of my lunch instead. Fine.

Concerned friend afterwards, 'But you didn't eat anything to fill you up!'

Briefly contemplated embarking on an explanation about protein, fat and satiety, but decided against.
                Perfect response. "Neither did you :-P." Then rip apart a piece of bacon in your pocket, because you have an emergency bacon ration handy.
                Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                Follow me on google+
                Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• I overheard an overweight gal saying the following while leaving work yesterday.

"The thing about not smoking is I don't get out of the office."

Yeah, because you can't possibly go for short walks in place of your 15 minute smoke breaks.
                  Beginning of Primal Journey:
                  Date: 4/6/2011
                  Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                    Perfect response. "Neither did you :-P." Then rip apart a piece of bacon in your pocket, because you have an emergency bacon ration handy.
                    This reminds me of something I saw once on the teevee!

Just kidding. I saw it on the Internets. What's a teevee?
                    Steph
                    My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Winning.
                      Follow me on google+

Comment

• Oddly, fish doesn't really fill me up. Given x amount of beef, I'll have leftovers, while x amount of fish leaves me looking for more to eat.

Comment

• I agree with the above statement.

Apparently my diet isn't "sustainable." Gawd. GO AWAY PEOPLE.
                          Follow me on google+

Comment

• Oddly, fish doesn't really fill me up. Given x amount of beef, I'll have leftovers, while x amount of fish leaves me looking for more to eat.
                            My body is different. Fish really fills me up, but beef makes me feel lazy and slow. Possibly our ancestors came from different regions.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• I can eat a half pound of salmon and be starving 30 minutes later...

Comment

• I can eat a half pound of salmon and be starving 30 minutes later...
                                Try eating a whole can of mackerel?
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X