Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Velocity View Post
    Overheard at LA Fitness, from a trainer talking to someone doing bodyweight squats: "Don't go past parallel, you'll mess up your knees."

    I promptly laughed openly at the trainer.
    You should've banged out a couple sets right there. Show 'em what a real squat looks like.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      and the trainers response?? LOL
      Told him about the fact that stopping right around parallel (or a bit before) actually is the most dangerous place to stop for knee health owing to the lack of stability.

      Naturally, he didn't believe me.
      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

      For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
      -- Blaise Pascal

      Comment


      • Mom just told me not to give our dog more than a tiny piece of ham because she has the runs. Why does the dog have the runs? Because mom gave her mac n cheese yesterday.

        Comment


        • Holy actual fucking shit at the conversation I have just had.

          Friend: Ugh, I need to eat something healthy, all I've had today is popcorn and chocolate. Well the subway I had earlier was healthy.
          Me: Subway is not healthy.
          F: Yes it is. It's like veggies and bread. The only bad thing for you in it is meat.
          M: Bread is one of the most poisonous things you can eat.
          F: No it's not. A subway is like 10x healthier for you than a burger and fries.

          OH MY WORD. WTF?

          Apparently my suggestion to just take the burger out of the bread bun is stupid...
          My Primal Journal

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
            Holy actual fucking shit at the conversation I have just had.

            Friend: Ugh, I need to eat something healthy, all I've had today is popcorn and chocolate. Well the subway I had earlier was healthy.
            Me: Subway is not healthy.
            F: Yes it is. It's like veggies and bread. The only bad thing for you in it is meat.
            M: Bread is one of the most poisonous things you can eat.
            F: No it's not. A subway is like 10x healthier for you than a burger and fries.

            OH MY WORD. WTF?

            Apparently my suggestion to just take the burger out of the bread bun is stupid...
            yeah, don't let that shit get to u. cant save them all, and you especially cant save someone who doesnt want to be saved.
            lead by example and blow your own mind with the progress. your friends will either fall in line or get threatened by your progress and fade away.
            We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

            Starting Weight: 238 lb
            Current Weight: 224 lb
            Goal: 190-200 lb
            Height: 6'-0"
            Age: 27

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
              Why does the dog have the runs? Because mom gave her mac n cheese yesterday.
              It's a little known fact that roaming wolf packs and wild dogs will often stop to whip up a batch of mac-n-cheese. Actually, even less well known, is that it was a rottweiler-schnauzer mix named Krafty that invented that florescent orange powdered cheese.

              This message brought to you by Watching Animal Planet while Sleep Deprived.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                It's a little known fact that roaming wolf packs and wild dogs will often stop to whip up a batch of mac-n-cheese. Actually, even less well known, is that it was a rottweiler-schnauzer mix named Krafty that invented that florescent orange powdered cheese.

                This message brought to you by Watching Animal Planet while Sleep Deprived.
                XD! The more you know!

                Comment


                • My mother, who is taking pounds, and years, of her frame, was asked by her friends what her secret was. She told them her focus on real food, good fats, and no grain or sugar. Her friends exchanged long side glances with each other, as if my mom was spouting bs.

                  However, my mom understands their reaction, as do I, since this time last year we were solidly in the grips of CW. I rarely get frustrated with people who doubt me cause I know that would have been my reaction not too long ago.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Madelenas View Post
                    My mother, who is taking pounds, and years, of her frame, was asked by her friends what her secret was. She told them her focus on real food, good fats, and no grain or sugar. Her friends exchanged long side glances with each other, as if my mom was spouting bs.

                    However, my mom understands their reaction, as do I, since this time last year we were solidly in the grips of CW. I rarely get frustrated with people who doubt me cause I know that would have been my reaction not too long ago.
                    Yep. I've been losing so much weight that people are actually taking notice. Once I tell them, they just turn away and forget I exist.

                    In other news, low carb vegans must get all their calories from high protein low everything else diets. Mostly because you have to get calories from somewhere. The only oils these cool people use are evoo and vegetable oil sparingly.

                    "The weight is coming off" they say, but I replied, I can lose lots of weight on the starve myself of calories diet too.
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

                    Comment


                    • Bf told me today that you "need bread" if you're doing a lot of working out. I told him no, people have subsisted for fucking ever without it. But he says that's why people today are breaking records in strength, sports, etc., because of our dietary advances....
                      "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                      --John Muir


                      "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                      --Tommy Caldwell


                      ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                      --Hyperlithic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                        Bf told me today that you "need bread" if you're doing a lot of working out. I told him no, people have subsisted for fucking ever without it. But he says that's why people today are breaking records in strength, sports, etc., because of our dietary advances....
                        Ask you bf how long these people can continue breaking records, or if their body starts breaking down when they reach their thirties.
                        I think most people can break records, if they push themselves enough, but after a while one's body says "enough", and then illness comes on. What I want, as a Primal eater, is health that will break records in terms on longevity, as in into my eighties and beyond.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                          Bf told me today that you "need bread" if you're doing a lot of working out. I told him no, people have subsisted for fucking ever without it. But he says that's why people today are breaking records in strength, sports, etc., because of our dietary advances....
                          The only reason we're breaking all the records for fitness is because we view ancient records as "inaccurate".
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                            The only reason we're breaking all the records for fitness is because we view ancient records as "inaccurate".
                            Like the 40,000-year-old petrified human footprints that were made with an estimated speed of nearly 50km/hour?

                            Are you referring to ancient Greek/Roman/Egyptian records? Links? Please? I'd love to see that.

                            Comment


                            • TT. As far as I know, the fats linked to inflammation (and therefore potentially cancer) are PUFAs with abnormally high ratios of w-6:w-3. Saturated and monounsaturated fats should be fine.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Clymb View Post
                                Marijuana has NEVER given me the munchies, so it's a possibility, lol. It actually makes me nauseous most of the time. On the other hand, drinking definitely does. I eat all kinds of shit when I drink, trying to figure out how to stop doing that.
                                Only drink when you're no where near crap food? Alcohol lowers inhibitions, thus making you less able to tell yourself no about stuff you want to do (e.g. kiss someone, dance on a table, cry like a baby)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X