Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
    I am interested why dope smoke makes me physically sick and no other source of smoke does. I used to live with a stoner and had to kick her outside when she wanted to get high.
    You could be allergic.

My husband is extremely allergic to something in marajuana that is also present in rye and olives (though not olive oil). I had to rush him to the hospital when we were in college after he slept on his couch hours after his roommate smoked while sitting there.

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
      My friend who knows nothing about primal/paleo, just knows about proper peer reviewed medical science
      If you feel like arguing the toss, you could point out that peer reviewed is just voodoo. There is nothing scientific about peer review. It in no way makes something more or less likely to be correct. And the peers are all self selecting.

Comment

• Originally posted by billp View Post
        If you feel like arguing the toss, you could point out that peer reviewed is just voodoo. There is nothing scientific about peer review. It in no way makes something more or less likely to be correct. And the peers are all self selecting.
        That's true, but he reads the medical studies about primal/paleo (here) and says it makes sense.

He's converted already.

You can pretty much cherry pick the studies you want to believe nowadays anyway.
        Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-22-2011, 09:38 AM.
        Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
        Follow me on google+
        Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
        "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
          Organic food store with a cute vegetarian girl working there (I'm attracted to insanity). After a conversation about the quality of some wild boar tenderloin (she knows nothing about meat) she asks what part of the animal the tenderloin is from.
          You should've seen the look on her face when I started pointing to myself saying "I think it's about right here".
          I ate it rare, fried in coconut oil.
          Heh, reminds me of the time I was talking to my boyfriend about pork, and where the various cuts come from. "See, these are my hams, these are my hocks, this is where my bacon is..."

Comment

• Originally posted by LJH View Post
            Why is it impossible to OD on grass? Does that apply to hash eaten in cookies & brownies too? Seems like, even if you couldn't smoke yourself into an overdose you could sure eat to that point.
            A quote I found on the internet on a generic answer-site explains it as thus (sadly no citations to support it but I dont have time to look for them right now):

"In order for a human to consume enough marijuana to be fatal, they would have to consume nearly 40,000 times the amount of THC required to intoxicate them. In contrast, it only requires about 5 to 10 times the amount of alcohol required to intoxicate, to be fatal. For example, if it requires 3 beers to intoxicate you, it only requires 15 to 30 beers to kill you. However, if it takes you 3 'hits' of marijuana to intoxicate you, it would require 120,000 hits to kill you. Thus, it is virtually impossible to die of a marijuana overdose."

So in terms in inhaling pot, its a self-limiting system, since the higher you get, the less initiative you'll have to continue forcing yourself to take hits. Eating it in baked goods would also be self-limiting, since theres a limited capacity of your stomach.

Sure, you could probably inject high doses of straight THC directly into the blood stream and kill someone, but A) Thats not a normal use scenario, since why would an individual do that if they could get high just by smoking/eating it? and 2) If it was because you wanted to kill someone, there are many other household things you could inject into someone that would be significantly cheaper
            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
              Sure, you could probably inject high doses of straight THC directly into the blood stream and kill someone, but A) Thats not a normal use scenario, since why would an individual do that if they could get high just by smoking/eating it?
              I got no dog in this fight, but the answer that came to mind to A) was "the same reason they inject crack instead of chewing coca leaves."
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• But nobody actually injects THC, ever. It might take a truly absurd amount of it to kill you, but it doesn't take all that much to be very unpleasantly high. There's a pretty big difference between pot and coca leaves. And anyway, crack is smoked, not injected.

Comment

• LOL, I've been exposed as a street drug ignoramus. Make it heroin vs. poppies, then.
                  5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                  Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                  Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                  Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                  ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                    LOL, I've been exposed as a street drug ignoramus. Make it heroin vs. poppies, then.
                    Well, I think its that you CANT get that high if you chew cocoa leaves/eat poppy seeds, which is why it needs to be distilled and refined. but you CAN get really damn high just smoking or eating marijuana plants, so why do more? Cause yeah, like yelena said, more pot high does no equal more better.
                    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                      I am interested why dope smoke makes me physically sick and no other source of smoke does. I used to live with a stoner and had to kick her outside when she wanted to get high.

I think it might lower blood sugar quickly in some people. Green tea, or black tea without milk taken on an empty stomach have the same effect on me. Within a few minutes of ingestion I feel really sick and have passed out on a couple of occasions!

Obviously this doesn't happen to everyone. It's one of those weird individual body chemistry things.

This is interesting as a blood sugar measurement on n=1 trial.

http://www.crackwalker.ca/420/thc/thcdiabetes.html
                      My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• i heard that you woud have to smoke your own weight in marijuana to overdose on it.

lol, good luck.
                        We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
                        Current Weight: 224 lb
                        Goal: 190-200 lb
                        Height: 6'-0"

Comment

• Anyone heard the theory that THC is a natural metabolic stimulant? One of my [stoner] friends insists that THC really speeds up your metabolism, and if you can avoid the munchies you will lose weight. However, I dont know if anyone could actually do that, as the metabolic advantage would be negated by the uncontrollable urge to eat snacks. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by HeatherJ View Post
                            if you can avoid the munchies you will lose weight.
                            Isn't that always true even when NOT using a drug that makes you hungry? This logic amuses me. XD
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Marijuana has NEVER given me the munchies, so it's a possibility, lol. It actually makes me nauseous most of the time. On the other hand, drinking definitely does. I eat all kinds of shit when I drink, trying to figure out how to stop doing that.
                              "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                              --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                              --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                              --Hyperlithic

Comment

• Originally posted by HeatherJ View Post
                                Anyone heard the theory that THC is a natural metabolic stimulant? One of my [stoner] friends insists that THC really speeds up your metabolism, and if you can avoid the munchies you will lose weight. However, I dont know if anyone could actually do that, as the metabolic advantage would be negated by the uncontrollable urge to eat snacks. :P
                                I have a friend that smokes quite often. He's down from 320ish to 280ish over 5 months. He sticks to low carb snacks - cheese, bacon, pork rinds, etc. He's doing a general low carb diet so he eats of alot of veggie oil (salad dressings, eating out and getting wings cooked in salad oil, etc.) but its been working so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X