Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is it impossible to OD on grass? Does that apply to hash eaten in cookies & brownies too? Seems like, even if you couldn't smoke yourself into an overdose you could sure eat to that point.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
      I do, as a matter of fact, and I know many, many people here (including family members) with medical marijuana cards for conditions like anxiety, chronic pain, and to counteract the effects of cancer treatment. Fear of marijuana is largely the result of CW propaganda, just like--oh hey--much of the stuff we rant about here.

      Fact: it is medically impossible to overdose from marijuana, yet alcohol poisoning kills people every year.
      You got me wrong, It's just none of my business.

      I'm more mad about this little part of conventional wisdom right here:



      I blame wheat.
      Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-18-2011, 01:44 PM.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

      Comment


      • ".....opium, crack, marijuana and other such drugs. Sorry, doctors don't recommend any of that stuff, unless you live in California."

        Um, I think Cordivae was correcting the factual problem about lumping grass in with opium and crack. Not even in the same league. Also, it does kind of sound like you are saying we are all a bunch of stoner hippies out here in California. I don't smoke weed for the same reason I don't smoke cigarettes. Doesn't appeal. But, when I was on chemo, it allowed me to keep food down and keep my strength up.

        IMO, grass is on a par with alcohol in that it can be used safely occasionally or it can also become a problem if taken to excess. But a glass of wine doesn't make you a drunk and a toke doesn't make you a stoner.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          ".....opium, crack, marijuana and other such drugs. Sorry, doctors don't recommend any of that stuff, unless you live in California."

          Um, I think Cordivae was correcting the factual problem about lumping grass in with opium and crack. Not even in the same league. Also, it does kind of sound like you are saying we are all a bunch of stoner hippies out here in California. I don't smoke weed for the same reason I don't smoke cigarettes. Doesn't appeal. But, when I was on chemo, it allowed me to keep food down and keep my strength up.

          IMO, grass is on a par with alcohol in that it can be used safely occasionally or it can also become a problem if taken to excess. But a glass of wine doesn't make you a drunk and a toke doesn't make you a stoner.
          You missed the point I was trying to make if nitpicking about marijuana is your goal. I'm personally just saying there's no moderating certain drugs. I'm mad about the words "everything" in moderation.
          Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
          Follow me on google+
          Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
          "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

          Comment


          • Married an alcoholic. He turned violent very often.

            Dated a stoner. He fell asleep during dinner a lot.

            I ditched them both, but guess which one was scary as hell, causing me to call the cops, and which one was merely annoying as hell.

            Go ahead and smoke. I don't care.

            Other drugs? Yeah, they're pretty much stupid and screw up your life, along with those of everyone around you.
            Durp.

            Comment


            • Organic food store with a cute vegetarian girl working there (I'm attracted to insanity). After a conversation about the quality of some wild boar tenderloin (she knows nothing about meat) she asks what part of the animal the tenderloin is from.
              You should've seen the look on her face when I started pointing to myself saying "I think it's about right here".
              I ate it rare, fried in coconut oil.
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                Organic food store with a cute vegetarian girl working there (I'm attracted to insanity). After a conversation about the quality of some wild boar tenderloin (she knows nothing about meat) she asks what part of the animal the tenderloin is from.
                You should've seen the look on her face when I started pointing to myself saying "I think it's about right here".
                I ate it rare, fried in coconut oil.
                Well I can tell you where it IS from! (since I can't see where you pointed) It runs along the inside of the spine. One on each side of the vertebrae.


                Also I can SO picture myself doing that! I love comparing human anatomy to other species. Its amazing to see how very similar and yet sometimes so different than other critters!

                Comment


                • I had some cramps today after lunch since the restaurant I went to used wheat in their cooking (I tried to avoid it as much as I could, but couldn't dodge all the small portions). My carboholic friend commented with a smirk that I deserved it since I didn't eat wheat for 2 months and that now I can't digest it properly. Derrr, we couldn't digest it properly in the beginning? =\
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

                  Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                    You missed the point I was trying to make if nitpicking about marijuana is your goal. I'm personally just saying there's no moderating certain drugs. I'm mad about the words "everything" in moderation.
                    The "everything" causes it to fall apart when you get into the exception clauses. "Everything in moderation...except shellfish and nuts if you're allergic, or fructose or alcohol if you're sensitive or milk if you're lactose-intolerant..." etc. etc. Most CW followers would rather take mental shortcuts to justify their bad eating habits. CW needs a new mantra: "Know thyself - Eat the foods that work for you and don't sweat the rest."

                    But that will never happen. Oh well.
                    2011 - The year I went Primal
                    Start weight: 198 / Waist: 32"
                    CW: 158.5 / Waist: 28"
                    GW: 145-ish
                    Supplements: Calcium and O-3 in AM. Natural Calm, Valerian Root Extract and sublingual Melatonin in PM (for lifelong chronic insomnia).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                      You missed the point I was trying to make if nitpicking about marijuana is your goal. I'm personally just saying there's no moderating certain drugs. I'm mad about the words "everything" in moderation.
                      While I totally agree with you that "everything in moderation" might be best not applied to, say, rattlesnake bites or parachute-less skydiving, I know lots of people who moderate and use responsibly both poppy-pod raw opium and coca leaves. It's when humans carrying a certain gene and application of chemical extractions get "unmoderate" that we lose perspective on the use of a refreshing pick-me-up or powerful analgesic that's been in the human Pharmacopeia for thousands of years.

                      Continuing to pick the marijuana nit, here in Oregon people smoke pot like folks in other places drink beer. Every Saturday when the weather is good, hippies hold a drum circle on the courthouse steps where you'll catch a secondhand buzz from the next block over. Our violent crime rate is almost non-existent. The most we worry about is a bike getting swiped on campus.
                      “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

                      "The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                      - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mixie View Post
                        Continuing to pick the marijuana nit, here in Oregon people smoke pot like folks in other places drink beer. Every Saturday when the weather is good, hippies hold a drum circle on the courthouse steps where you'll catch a secondhand buzz from the next block over. Our violent crime rate is almost non-existent. The most we worry about is a bike getting swiped on campus.
                        So true! God I miss Eugene and Portland
                        "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                        --John Muir


                        "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                        --Tommy Caldwell


                        ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                        --Hyperlithic

                        Comment


                        • A vegan friend of mine was talking about how much she loves Amazon because she now has a subscription for wheat gluten. Apparently you can buy that stuff by the jar. And get Amazon to send it to you on a regular schedule. Oy.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yelena View Post
                            A vegan friend of mine was talking about how much she loves Amazon because she now has a subscription for wheat gluten. Apparently you can buy that stuff by the jar. And get Amazon to send it to you on a regular schedule. Oy.
                            I have now notified 4 grocery store managers that they are shelving the wheat gluten in the gluten free section (bob's red mill makes both gluten free products and vital wheat gluten). most of them have looked at me like I'm insane until I compared it to peanut allergies.

                            Comment


                            • Yes.


                              A guy I know who's recently started working out and trying to eat healthy: "I hadn't realised how much saturated fat a cake contains, it's worrying!"


                              Yes, he's worried about the saturated fat content of a CAKE, which is made almost entirely of white flour and sugar. Sigh.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Robert156 View Post
                                Yes.


                                A guy I know who's recently started working out and trying to eat healthy: "I hadn't realised how much saturated fat a cake contains, it's worrying!"


                                Yes, he's worried about the saturated fat content of a CAKE, which is made almost entirely of white flour and sugar. Sigh.
                                Why does this keep reposting with different user names? Spam-bot?
                                http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X