Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seitan. Pronounced 'satan' which is highly appropriate. It's basically southeast Asia's contribution to fake meat.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
      yo dawg, herd you liked gluten! so we put gluten in your gluten!
      Last edited by JennaRose; 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM.

      Comment


      • Yeah when I used to veg gluten was included in lots of recipes to make fake meat...I never made any of it because it's a lot of work, but seitan actually is delicious.

        Speaking of gluten, I used to love this place:

        Menu | Glendale Loving Hut

        Not gonna lie, it's all delicious....but oh, the shame now... *shakes head*

        Interesting, they don't list gluten in the ingredients anymore...they used to list it in almost every recipe. I'm sure it's still there, just unlisted lol
        Last edited by Clymb; 11-08-2011, 05:29 PM.
        "The mountains are calling and I must go."
        --John Muir


        "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
        --Tommy Caldwell


        ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
        --Hyperlithic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Clymb View Post

          Speaking of gluten, I used to love this place:

          Menu | Glendale Loving Hut

          Not gonna lie, it's all delicious....but oh, the shame now... *shakes head*

          Interesting, they don't list gluten in the ingredients anymore...they used to list it in almost every recipe. I'm sure it's still there, just unlisted lol
          omg! I love Loving Hut! Their Heavenly Salad is da bomb! I used to go to Vegetarian House alllll the time! so pricey though. what really irked me about the place was the lack of actual VEGETABLE dishes! /facepalm. it was all fake meats :P

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            Saw pure MSG at the spice rack. Laughed so hard people looked. Told them, "Pure MSG for sale!". They didn't think it was amusing. I didn't know why until a few minutes later when I realized they probably had no idea why it might be avoided.
            This isn't exactly related to that, but I feel the need to share. I was talking to my dad on the phone one day last week and he was telling me that he picked up some egg rolls at the natural foods store and he had an allergic reaction to them. He described it as asthma, heart palpitations, trouble breathing, etc. I said "Wow. That sounds like you had a reaction to MSG. A lot of people are sensitive to it (*everyone is*)." He was like "No I think it was this potassium stuff that was on the ingredient list." Okay, dad. The next morning he called me because he Googled MSG and read about all the side effects and figured out that it really has like 50 different names on ingredient lists. Now he's all worked up over it and claims he has figured out he's allergic (Derp. We all are). He keeps calling me talking about how he looked up all these restaurants (and fast food) and they all use MSG! Shocker. I've been trying to tell him these things for a couple of years now. Anyway, it's like he doesn't take anything seriously unless he discovers it himself. I think it's a man thing.
            http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mixie View Post
              In the bulk section of our grocery store there's a fifty lb sack of wheat gluten in with all the rest of the flours. WTF do people do with it???
              In addition to seitan, bakers use it when making bread. But I used to use it to make crappy seitan. (sigh)
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

              Comment


              • This:
                Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                yo dawg, herd you liked gluten! so we put gluten in your gluten!
                Plus this:

                Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
                Seitan. Pronounced 'satan' which is highly appropriate. It's basically southeast Asia's contribution to fake meat.
                Will be giving me fits of the giggles for hours ;09
                “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

                "The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

                Comment


                • PS: My sister just posted to Facebook a photo taken at the front counter of her gym. Where there happens to be a box of chocolate bars for sale. Not protein-whatever bars... milk chocolate.
                  “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

                  "The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                  - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

                  Comment


                  • I have now found the bob's red mill vital wheat gluten in the gluten-free sections of 4 different grocery stores. I always tell the managers. they always look at me like I'm crazy until I point out that this would be like putting a bag of peanuts in the peanut-free section. then most of them get it. (one of them didn't and was rude to so I came back the next day and told a different manager who did get it and said they'd tell the GM about the other guy's behavior).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by moonablaze View Post
                      I have now found the bob's red mill vital wheat gluten in the gluten-free sections of 4 different grocery stores. I always tell the managers. they always look at me like I'm crazy until I point out that this would be like putting a bag of peanuts in the peanut-free section. then most of them get it. (one of them didn't and was rude to so I came back the next day and told a different manager who did get it and said they'd tell the GM about the other guy's behavior).
                      /facepalm. ridiculous!

                      Comment


                      • Yesterday I was at my local chain grocery store (fruitless search for quality frozen beef-or-chicken stock, but they WERE having a CRAZY sale on wine and I stocked up on hearty red wines for the winter like balls). While I was wandering the aisles, trying to remember if there was anything else I needed (CRAP I just remembered I need razors!) I passed a very large man. I mean big AND tall. He was puffing his way up to the front registers. He didnt have a cart, or a basket. All he had, clutched in his arms like rag dolls, were not one but THREE full-size loaves of the store-made french bread.

                        And its not even GOOD french bread. x(
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                        My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                        Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                          Yesterday I was at my local chain grocery store (fruitless search for quality frozen beef-or-chicken stock, but they WERE having a CRAZY sale on wine and I stocked up on hearty red wines for the winter like balls). While I was wandering the aisles, trying to remember if there was anything else I needed (CRAP I just remembered I need razors!) I passed a very large man. I mean big AND tall. He was puffing his way up to the front registers. He didnt have a cart, or a basket. All he had, clutched in his arms like rag dolls, were not one but THREE full-size loaves of the store-made french bread.

                          And its not even GOOD french bread. x(

                          like ragdolls.. had to giggle!! I got the mental picture though!
                          Karin


                          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                          Comment


                          • Nurses love fat-free yogurt. Even after I point out that the sugar content in it is so high, it means they might as well have had a soda instead.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

                            Comment


                            • So hulu has been showing commericals for Panera bread lately. Ive just been kinda ignoring them, as much for the fact that its mass-produced corporate bread trying to masquerade as a local bakery as for the fact that I dont eat bread anymore (but when i DO have small bites of bread, you know its well-made local stuff).

                              But I just saw a new commercial of theirs, with an actor--I mean, one of their "bakers" talking about why she loves baking bread. She mentions that she started getting into baking after she started baking healthy dog treats she concocted herself. Her reason? "Because the store-bought treats were just too full of fat."

                              Head. Into. All. The. Desks.
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

                              My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

                              Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                                But I just saw a new commercial of theirs, with an actor--I mean, one of their "bakers" talking about why she loves baking bread. She mentions that she started getting into baking after she started baking healthy dog treats she concocted herself. Her reason? "Because the store-bought treats were just too full of fat."

                                Head. Into. All. The. Desks.
                                lol she's more concerned with the fat and not the crazy fillers and by-products?!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X