No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really, she needs to not have soda. Or start by replacing one soda a day with water, then 2, if it's 'too hard' to break the 4 a day habit.

So this is a totally obnoxious thing to do, and I don't really recommend it if you want a good relationship with her, but if she complains to you about the cost of throwing away a candy bar (also, has she heard about her refrigerator? because that would totally hold onto half a candy bar for her until the next day if the candy bar is really that important) I'd be so very tempted to ask if she's found out the cost for insulin.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
      Really, she needs to not have soda. Or start by replacing one soda a day with water, then 2, if it's 'too hard' to break the 4 a day habit.

So this is a totally obnoxious thing to do, and I don't really recommend it if you want a good relationship with her, but if she complains to you about the cost of throwing away a candy bar (also, has she heard about her refrigerator? because that would totally hold onto half a candy bar for her until the next day if the candy bar is really that important) I'd be so very tempted to ask if she's found out the cost for insulin.
      I have no concern for having a relationship with her. My feedback for her went from concerned to passive aggressive to sarcastic to non-existent in the course of 2 years because talking to her is like talking to a brick wall.
      However, I agree. And if I find a snarky way to sneak it into the next interaction I have with her, I will. But only if someone else is listening too so I can get SOME kind of reaction.

Comment

• evil laugh

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalLace View Post
          My SIL has put on about 100 lbs since I met her 9 years ago. She was recently told by a doctor that she is pushing diabetic if she doesn't lose some weight and she should try cutting out the sugar. I overheard her tell my MIL how hard it has been for her to cut sugar from her diet... headaches, grouchy, craving, etc. MIL recommended maybe just eating HALF of the sugar she's been eating... SIL says "How can I throw away HALF of a candy bar? That's such a waste of money!"

*face palm*

Uh, here's a money saver... don't buy the damn candy bars.
          Also, she refuses to replace her 4-6 daily sodas with diet because of the "chemicals".

My hubby and I told her about the Primal Blueprint and how great we have been feeling and she said she "just cannot give up bread"... Almost too sad to be funny.
          Darwin Award!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roach View Post
            I don't get this. I mean, there are indigenous people who chew coca leaves in the Andes. From what I understand, doing so allows them to work at altitude for longer and harder. Something about getting more oxygen into the bloodstream. I'd totally chew some coca leaves when hiking if I could.
            the point was mostly the "sugar is natural, so it's good for you!"

Never have I ever met people before who would actually argue that it's GOOD for you. Sure, people say it's okay in moderation, but down here they actually promote it as a nutritional source of energy. It's crock. I think they just need a way to justify the cup of sugar in each glass of lemonade.

I also had my host mom tell me that a nutritionist told her a perfectly balanced meal, with all the nutrients you need, were "Beans, rice, tortillas and lemonade" I just kept my mouth shut.

Comment

• Had lunch with my dear friend... I made a yummy primal chicken salad to be served on greens. She could not open her salad dressing bottle and handed it to me, which I opened easily. I told her its because I don't eat grains. (LOL) she flipped me off.. LMAO gotta love her!
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• todays seattle groupon: $26 for a pair of weight-loss hot pants! helps "drop up to 2 dress sizes in 2 weeks." too bad the limits one per person....

Zaggora HotPants Deal of the Day | Groupon Seattle

Comment

• A lovely girl wrote this in her log, I soooo feel for telling her it's not the way to go, but she refuses to even listen to me when I tell her she is exercising too much and eating too little fat when the weight stops coming off.

The combo of running and Insanity plus eating clean (mostly damn that Halloween candy) has kicked it into overdrive. But this is how it goes for me. I drop five fast and stay steady for two weeks. Then repeat the process. That's the reason why I am running. It seemed like the best way for me to lose is to run and do some thing else cause I can't spend 2 hours on the treadmill but I can spend 2 hours total working out. So-- Insanity it is.

My new favorite food is spice oatmeal made with whole oats (with or without protein powder in it). It fills me up for hours. Plus it's so good for me. Anyhow, once you get so low it's harder and harder to lose. We just gotta hang in there.
                  Her last meal was oatmeal, raisins, brown sugar, protein powder and a cup of coffee

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                    The "everything in moderation" argument is my other pet peeve.
                    +1 This argument irks me to no end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimzilla View Post

Her last meal was oatmeal, raisins, brown sugar, protein powder and a cup of coffee
                      Ugh! makes me shudder..
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pimzilla View Post

"Last meal" indeed! Lol
                        "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                        --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                        --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                        --Hyperlithic

Comment

• Originally posted by AbigailLyn View Post
                          the point was mostly the "sugar is natural, so it's good for you!"
                          Ah yes, "natural." Well, so's hemlock, and I know a certain Greek who would have a few words about that....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                            Ah yes, "natural." Well, so's hemlock, and I know a certain Greek who would have a few words about that....
                            I'm sorry, I personally don't like all this agave syrup I have, I don't like the taste much... here you can have it back so you can enjoy your health! I prefer just eating a banana every now and then when my sugar needs fixin'.
                            Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-07-2011, 08:38 AM.
                            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                            Follow me on google+
                            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Most folks find sitting on their arse watching Oprah and eating Ho-Hos prety natural as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by tplank View Post
                                Most folks find sitting on their arse watching Oprah and eating Ho-Hos prety natural as well.
                                My mom is guilty of this. She eats bowls of low fat milk with cereal covered in real sugar watching this show, saying she's gonna be healthy.

Lies!
                                Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                                Follow me on google+
                                Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                                "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

Working...
                                X