X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by mixie View Post
      I just posted this in one of the pregnancy support threads--I just found out I'm knocked up.
      Congratulations! I hope your little one posts as interestingly as you do one day

Comment

• I was at a convenience store this morning...a nice place...with guy handing out coupons by the front door. He smiled big, thrust the coupon out and said, "Here is a coupon for a free pastry!" When I politely declined, he was visibly incredulous. He even followed me a little ways, "Sir, its free. You don't even have to buy anything." Hahahaha. I went and got my coffee and couldn't help but watch the people grabbing the coupons enthusiastically (as I would have three years ago). The space in front of the big pastry display was like piranhas going after fresh kill.

Comment

• Originally posted by tplank View Post
          I was at a convenience store this morning...a nice place...with guy handing out coupons by the front door. He smiled big, thrust the coupon out and said, "Here is a coupon for a free pastry!" When I politely declined, he was visibly incredulous. He even followed me a little ways, "Sir, its free. You don't even have to buy anything." Hahahaha. I went and got my coffee and couldn't help but watch the people grabbing the coupons enthusiastically (as I would have three years ago). The space in front of the big pastry display was like piranhas going after fresh kill.
          A similar thing happened to me at a fancy market store, they were offering tastes of olive oil and balsamic, but of course the tastes were on squares of bread. The guy offered me one, I politely declined, and he literally looked taken aback. I was like, "Umm...sorry?"
          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
            A similar thing happened to me at a fancy market store, they were offering tastes of olive oil and balsamic, but of course the tastes were on squares of bread. The guy offered me one, I politely declined, and he literally looked taken aback. I was like, "Umm...sorry?"
            I went to a fancy-pants olive oil and vinegar tasting a few months ago! They served the tastes in these eentsy little tablespoon-sized cups, so you could taste them on their own--no bread needed. It was great, especially seeing how many people seemed baffled at the idea of tasting the fancy oils or vinegars for their own merits.

Thanks for the 'grats, guys! =D
            “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
            - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• Healthiest weight-loss diets: Forget Atkins, Caveman and maple syrup, balance is key | Mail Online

Plenty of head meet desk while reading that.
              Last edited by Spooky_Rach; 11-04-2011, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spooky_Rach View Post
                wait... there's a maple syrup diet??? CRAP, IM DOIN IT WRONG!

Comment

• they don't even mention anything about maple syrup in the article!! and booo at the number one diet being low in fat! and of course the medi diet is one of the top five, people can't live without their pasta. it even says "FULL OF GRAINS" argh! /facepalm
                  --
                  my boss is always about dieting, and I was telling her about my 'new diet' and she seemed baffled. then the next day she said she spoke to her trainer and her trainer told her that people who exercise a lot do this diet. and i was like, well, you dont HAVE to exercise a lot. and she didnt know what to say. lol. today she says ''how are you liking your new diet?'' in a weird voice and i just said ''I'M LOVING IT! i feel awesome!!" lol
                  Last edited by JennaRose; 11-04-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• "Healthy and wise: The diets that scored highest were packed with fresh produce"

Wow these guys don't have any freaking clue what they are talking about.

Oh right, suddenly, it's not the diet that's bad, it's everyone's view on cavemen.

*facedesk*
                    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-04-2011, 08:08 AM. Reason: winning
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• my coworker who has a infant just started her on solids, ie rice cereal; she claims that since ''starting solids'' her poo now stinks. yeppppppppp

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                        Before the farmers' market closed up shop for the season, I went there and stopped by a nut-butter stand. They had lots of samples...all of which were supposed to go onto crackers or pieces of bread, very considerately provided. I took the jar of raw hazelnut/dark chocolate butter and spooned a bit onto my finger. (Didn't stick my finger in the jar, really!) The vendor thought I was cookoo. But it was so delicious that I bought a jar. Once I'm done with Whole 30, I'll be cracking that baby open! Nom!!!
                        F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Just read this on a caffeine benefits article: "Of course, forget the standard pastries and cigarettes normally associated with drinking coffee....Organic black coffee with natural whole grain toast or pastries is a good way to have your java fix without adding items that minimize or neutralize coffee's antioxidants." (emphasis added)

so , no pastries, but whole grain pastries are okay. ok. /facepalm
                          Last edited by JennaRose; 11-04-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                            Just read this on a caffeine benefits article: "Of course, forget the standard pastries and cigarettes normally associated with drinking coffee....Organic black coffee with natural whole grain toast or pastries is a good way to have your java fix without adding items that minimize or neutralize coffee's antioxidants." (emphasis added)

so , pastries, but whole grain pastries are okay. ok. /facepalm
                            What's the difference between whole grains and slightly processed whole grains?

It's the same darn stuff entering your body.

Sure, the sugar spike is less, but that doesn't change the fact that your blood glucose skyrockets. Where's the logic?
                            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                            Follow me on google+
                            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• A friend posted that she was looking to create unprocessed, whole food meals for her family. Yay! I thought. Then I read the meals she'd made: Tofurky sausage and peppers, tofu stir-fry, noodles with sauce, and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Oi, I thought. There isn't a single meal in there that doesn't contain a processed food (with "Tofurky" being the worst of them) (seriously, Tofurky is tofuckin' awful -- at least Field Roast was edible!).

The popular wisdom that "if it's vegetarian, it's healthy" drives me nutso.
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                                A friend posted that she was looking to create unprocessed, whole food meals for her family. Yay! I thought. Then I read the meals she'd made: Tofurky sausage and peppers, tofu stir-fry, noodles with sauce, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
                                I wonder if she used that good ol' unprocessed American cheese for the grilled cheese sandwiches.
                                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Working...
                                X