No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if you add a touch of vinegar to the water you probably won't lose as much of the white. It binds the protein (or so my BIL who's a chef says).

~rc

Comment

• Thanks so much! I haven't tried poached eggs yet. It doesn't sound difficult and I prefer them poached a little harder. Think I might grab a slotted vegetable serving spoon from home. Who'd miss it, I'm usually the only one that eats vegetables. Family is not Primal they're "Multi-Fast Food".

Congrats for staying out of the Halloween candy.

Comment

• It seems like this thread is one part funny CW moments, one part horrific CW moments lol

Comment

• Originally posted by sixpack-rc View Post
          I think if you add a touch of vinegar to the water you probably won't lose as much of the white. It binds the protein (or so my BIL who's a chef says).

~rc
          Thanks rc, I think you're right about that. I haven't been organized enough to bring vinegar to work (except the balsamic I use for salads, but I don't think that's the right kind).
          My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

• Originally posted by lucyh View Post
            Thanks rc, I think you're right about that. I haven't been organized enough to bring vinegar to work (except the balsamic I use for salads, but I don't think that's the right kind).
            I think you need to use the white distilled.
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoYute View Post
              It seems like this thread is one part funny CW moments, one part horrific CW moments lol
              Because you gotta laugh to keep from crying.
              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• All day long, people talking about lowering their cholesterol. I'm pretty much about to snap and start telling people the truth. But it's a hospital and I need my job.

And, at lunch, a coworker reads my coconut milk and says, "765 calories. That's a lot!" And I say, "Yes. Calories are good. I eat around 3500 every day and I'm only getting healthier. Didn't you see my lab results?". She says, "Yeah, but." So I threw in, "Saturated fat is a good fat, and this has medium chain triglycerides which can't even be efficiently stored as fat!" She seemed to start getting it. But hours later, somebody else was eating some fake yogurt and everybody was ooh-ing and aah-ing that it only had 140 calories per serving. I read it and said, "It has no fat, and 19 grams of sugar per serving. There are two servings. You just drank a soda. Congratulations." Dead air, change of subject. Why does the truth scare people?
                Last edited by Knifegill; 10-27-2011, 06:07 PM.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  All day long, people talking about lowering their cholesterol. I'm pretty much about to snap and start telling people the truth. But it's a hospital and I need my job.

And, at lunch, a coworker reads my coconut milk and says, "765 calories. That's a lot!" And I say, "Yes. Calories are good. I eat around 3500 every day and I'm only getting healthier. Didn't you see my lab results?". She says, "Yeah, but." So I threw in, "Saturated fat is a good fat, and this has medium chain triglycerides which can't even be efficiently stored as fat!" She seemed to start getting it. But hours later, somebody else was eating some fake yogurt and everybody was ooh-ing and aah-ing that it only had 140 calories per serving. I read it and said, "It has no fat, and 19 grams of sugar per serving. There are two servings. You just drank a soda. Congratulations." Dead air, change of subject. Why does the truth scare people?
                  Truth.

~rc

Comment

All day long, people talking about lowering their cholesterol. I'm pretty much about to snap and start telling people the truth. But it's a hospital and I need my job.

It's amazing that people could actually be this dumb. The lipid hypothesis is going strong. We need to create a natural fat trade group like they have the grains and dairy groups. Will pay scummy lobbyists to make sure that saturated fat is considered a party of a heart healthy diet. LOl stupid whole grains.

Comment

you should have started and ended it with 'you're such a strong and vibrant woman'
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• This site claims to be the global fitness community but take a look at the answers in this thread...

vegetable oil (good or bad)?
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          you should have started and ended it with 'you're such a strong and vibrant woman'
                          I just snortlaughed.

Comment

I'd raid the cupboard and eat old frosting, sip vanilla extract, and worse. Anything to try to curb the edge of my over-weight starving body. Cravings like that push you to find nutrition any place it might be. You might find yourself trying to eat your pencil in class or wondering if you can just eat a lot of chewable vitamins. The malnourished, yet overweight body is a demon to be feared.
                            It was less than a year ago since I ate muscavado sugar with a spoon (a lot more than 1 spoon) when I had my sugar cravings :S
                            Btw, never told boyfriend lol

Comment

"It has no fat, and 19 grams of sugar per serving. There are two servings. You just drank a soda. Congratulations."
                              I LOL'd and nearly choked on my bacon. I bet their brains went into shut-down mode trying to compute that fact.
                              I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catalina View Post
                                Does anyone else know folks who rinse their ground beef after cooking to get rid of the fat? A friend, who is very health-conscious in a CW way, told me she does that. I was amazed--never heard of it before.
                                Oh yes that's a Jane Brody trick from her best selling healthy eating Good Food Book published in 1980. She was cutting edge - lots of legumes and whole grains before they were mainstream. She was the New York Times Food Writer.

You literally put the meat in a colander and run water through it rinsing out all of the goodness. Fats, meat juices, seasoning, flavor - gone. Bleh!

Amazon.com: Jane Brody's Good Food Book (9780393331882): Brody Jane: Books
                                Last edited by Adrianag; 10-28-2011, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X