Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tplank View Post
    Good friend just tried what he called "low carbing", but not so much. He lost a bunch of weight though ... probably from the carbs he did cut. Went off Statins for a while...first blood test "good", second not so much. Never had partical size done because his "fantastic doctor" said it wasn't necessary. He went back on statins. So yesterday, I sent him a link to the abstract of the big study from Norway that showed an inverse relationship between total cholesterol and mortality. He replied that I don't need to waste my time with the links because he wasn't changing. I responded that I knew, but I thought a massive, recent study showing he could be increasing his risk of death might intrigue him. Never heard back from that one. CW sucks and its inertia is bone crushingly depressing.
    That's brutal. Makes you want to punch yourself in the face that people could be so ignorant.

Comment

• Too funny!

Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
        I had my Papillons at a dog training camp. On the 2nd day, we took them into town. One of Josie's triggers was people coming up to the car window, so we went to a McDonald's drive thru.
        Me: "could I please have a plain hamburger patty, without the bun"
        McD server: "No bun?"
        "Correct, No bun"
        McD "You don't want a bun"
        "Right, no bun"
        Third time "So, just the meat?"
        "Yes, it's for my dog"
        We drive up to the window, Josie stays calm (with some coaching from me) and she discovers that if you stay calm someone will give you MEAT through the window!!!!! Awesome
        Hahaha that is awesome, she must have thought you were totally out of your mind!
        (I'm not even half through this thread yet and it's taking me ages but I very much enjoy it )

Also, nice to see someone else feed their dogs well. My baby gets pmr aswell, guess it't the right place to find dog owners with a brain

Comment

• Originally posted by tcb View Post
          two dozen krispy kremes sitting on that table when I got in this morning...
          We just got our annual Halloween candy delivery from the office building management-a giant washtub in each kitchen. It's on the counter under the microwave where I cook my eggs every morning. I'm not the least bit interested, but in years past I would paw through it for all the best stuff and keep a stash in my desk that would last for a week.
          My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

• Originally posted by hazmat View Post
            That's brutal. Makes you want to punch yourself in the face that people could be so ignorant.
            I guess part of what kills me is the trust so many place in medical professionals. Ignorance is indeed bliss. The human body is a complex thing. What is so hard to believe about it taking a while for the medical practice to catch up with the research? I sure hope I never take the opinions of professionals in such a blind and trusting manner.

Comment

• Work had a Harvest brunch recently, for everyone in the building. I went by to be social and grab a coffee, and to see what there was to eat. Two tables covered with food, all of it baked or involving grains and sugar. One fruit platter. So I had a coffee, and some fruit, and socialized, and because I don't make a big deal out of it, no one noticed I didn't eat anything different than anyone else.

I really was hoping there'd be something a bit more savoury though.
              Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• Originally posted by lucyh View Post
                We just got our annual Halloween candy delivery from the office building management-a giant washtub in each kitchen. It's on the counter under the microwave where I cook my eggs every morning. I'm not the least bit interested, but in years past I would paw through it for all the best stuff and keep a stash in my desk that would last for a week.
                It'll be time for me to keep the "candy table" stocked before too long when I start getting my annual Christmas junk food from the guys I do business with.

Comment

• The 6.5 month old I watch has started eating baby food, and FAR prefers it to formula (I don't blame her). I was feeding her a little leftover container of orange goo from the fridge today, I figured it was squash or something. Then I read the label. Macaroni and Cheese. MACARONI AND CHEESE PUREE. Keep in mind that this baby has had reflux since birth, is on meds for it, and needs the "sensitive" formula because she has lactose issues. Her mother is a DOCTOR, she should know better!

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
                    The 6.5 month old I watch has started eating baby food, and FAR prefers it to formula (I don't blame her). I was feeding her a little leftover container of orange goo from the fridge today, I figured it was squash or something. Then I read the label. Macaroni and Cheese. MACARONI AND CHEESE PUREE. Keep in mind that this baby has had reflux since birth, is on meds for it, and needs the "sensitive" formula because she has lactose issues. Her mother is a DOCTOR, she should know better!
                    UGH.. thats right up there with my daughter's pediatrician telling me when my daughter was 6 months (20% percentile in height and weight) that I needed to watch her weight and formula so she doesn't become obese (because I am fat) and to take the bottle away and give her a sippy cup. Whaaat?? Crazy b*&$%! Changed docs!
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• How does:
                      so we went to a McDonald's drive thru.
                      Elicit the following?:

Also, nice to see someone else feed their dogs well.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• A guy I know who's recently started working out and trying to eat healthy: "I hadn't realised how much saturated fat a cake contains, it's worrying!"

Comment

• IHOP is advertising a free deal for kids on Halloween night. It's a giant pancake with a happy face. The eyes are whipped cream with 2 oreo cookies. The nose is a strawberry. The mouth is whipped cream with candy corn spaced through it. Yeah like that's good for a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
                            IHOP is advertising a free deal for kids on Halloween night. It's a giant pancake with a happy face. The eyes are whipped cream with 2 oreo cookies. The nose is a strawberry. The mouth is whipped cream with candy corn spaced through it. Yeah like that's good for a kid.
                            Free health crisis? Hell yeah! It's crazy convenient.
                            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                            Follow me on google+
                            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan7 View Post
                              IHOP is advertising a free deal for kids on Halloween night. It's a giant pancake with a happy face. The eyes are whipped cream with 2 oreo cookies. The nose is a strawberry. The mouth is whipped cream with candy corn spaced through it. Yeah like that's good for a kid.
                              Yeah like anyone gives a fuck about healthy food on Halloween night :/

Comment

• I was at meetings all day yesterday with people from my team and people from the client team. My coworker had brought two dozen Dukin Doughnuts to, “put everyone in a good mood” She and a woman from the client team had 3 each and complained about it several times during out afternoon session.

Also during the afternoon session, one of the guys from the client team (who has cancer!!) was like, “I don't know how you people can drink that,” while pointing to a bottle of water and drinking a diet coke (he drinks diet coke CONSTANTLY).

Several others around the table started chiming in about “Oh water is so good for you no calories blah blah blah.” And he said, “Oh, well diet coke doesn’t have any calories.” To which I responded, “Yeah, but it has tons of chemicals.” He replied, “Without chemicals life would not exist.” (Such a smart ass.) And I said, “Sure, but I mean weird, scary chemicals that aren’t found in nature.” And mercifully that is where the conversation ended because I was THIS CLOSE to accidentally responding, “Sure, but I mean weird, cancer causing chemicals.”

Which would have been absolutely horrible (though hilarious for everyone not involved I’m sure).
                                No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X