No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I hear the words "partially hydrogenated," I reach for my bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
      This is absolutely, atrociously, horrifically disgusting. It is smart to avoid ANY food "product" with the words "better than" or "smart" on it. This is an absolute tragedy:

Ingredients: Water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, isolated soy protein, maltodextrin, tofu, non-dairy lactic acid, sugar, locust bean, guar and carrageenan gums, salt, vegetable mono and diglycerides, and potassium sorbate (added as a preservative).

Compare that to the ingredients of normal cream cheese:

Ingredients: PASTEURIZED NONFAT MILK AND MILKFAT, CHEESE CULTURE, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SALT, GUAR GUM, CAROB BEAN GUM.

How the HELL is that "better than" anything? Hydrogenated PUFA oil, water, processed tofu, thickeners and sugar...versus milk, cultures and thickener. Man, that pisses me off. Trader Joe's has a "better than peanut butter", too. The ingredients on that make me dry heave. Just awful.
      Reminds me of the IMO (fake sour cream) that I grew up with... no surprise that REAL sour cream is something I always crave now.

Durp.

Comment

• My mother uses crisco for pies....
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• In my local grocery store, margarine and other butter "substitutes" outnumber actual butter about 3 or 4 to 1.

Comment

• I have a friend who doesn't drink water because it lacks "bold flavor." This is a girl who drinks soda, Gatorade, fruit juices, etc., like it's going out of style.
            Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
            -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Originally posted by Velocity View Post
              I have a friend who doesn't drink water because it lacks "bold flavor." This is a girl who drinks soda, Gatorade, fruit juices, etc., like it's going out of style.
              If she wants bold flavor, maybe she should drink barbecue sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uppy View Post
                In my local grocery store, margarine and other butter "substitutes" outnumber actual butter about 3 or 4 to 1.
                In my local grocery store, they don't have coconut oil, but they have 20 different brands and mixes of vegetable oil.
                Height: 5ft 9"
                Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
                Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
                is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
                honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
                ~Albert Einstein~

Comment

• Originally posted by Velocity View Post
                  I have a friend who doesn't drink water because it lacks "bold flavor." This is a girl who drinks soda, Gatorade, fruit juices, etc., like it's going out of style.
                  Thanks for that, I needed a loud laugh for the evening. I wonder if her food also needs bold flavor. Wouldn't she stay away from a lot of grains then if that was her criteria?

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                  Congenital Hypothyroid
                  CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Zero calorie gatorade always gets me. How exactly is that junk going to "fuel" you if it has no calories?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                      My mother uses crisco for pies....
                      That's actually legit. My mom always said the only reason to have margerine is because it makes flakier crusts than butter. But the dab inside was always butter.
                      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by Uppy View Post
                        In my local grocery store, margarine and other butter "substitutes" outnumber actual butter about 3 or 4 to 1.

I noticed that, with some disgust. I mean, really? Even now? People still eat margarine? Gag.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                          That's actually legit. My mom always said the only reason to have margerine is because it makes flakier crusts than butter. But the dab inside was always butter.
                          Interesting NY Times piece a few years back found the best mix of fats for pie crusts was butter and beef suet!

Great quote from Andrew Weil: when asked once what shortening "shortens," someone in the audience piped up: "Your life!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                            Interesting NY Times piece a few years back found the best mix of fats for pie crusts was butter and beef suet!

Great quote from Andrew Weil: when asked once what shortening "shortens," someone in the audience piped up: "Your life!"
                            If I hadn't gotten her to give up wheat I'd so pass that along- sounds delish! (Not primal, but even she admitted that giving up wheat was a very good idea once she saw the results)
                            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                              If I hadn't gotten her to give up wheat I'd so pass that along- sounds delish! (Not primal, but even she admitted that giving up wheat was a very good idea once she saw the results)
                              There are some folks who may indulge in wheat once in a while, and as long as you're going to do that, why not make the most of good fats? I actually rendered a big chunk of suet into tallow, and wonder how tallow and butter would work? Or coconut oil and butter for a sweet pie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                                I noticed that, with some disgust. I mean, really? Even now? People still eat margarine? Gag.
                                I went to a friends house many years ago and during a meal she asked me it I wanted butter or "wax" with my bread... she called margarine WAX, but she still ate it!
                                It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
                                Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X