No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This didn't come through in the post that I replied to. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    quote from one of the reviews:
    "Marion Nestle's book "Food Politics" makes clear that the political system she favors is dictatorship - with her in command."

It's not a good idea to "put" anyone "in charge"; free individuals should be able to make their own nutritional decisions, for better or for worse.
    By "in charge" I mean systematically doing things I agree with (such as actually paying attention to scientists), and shooting down things I don't agree with. One of the things I agree with is for people to be able to make their own informed choices without interference.

Comment

• By "in charge" I mean systematically doing things I agree with (such as actually paying attention to scientists), and shooting down things I don't agree with. One of the things I agree with is for people to be able to make their own informed choices without interference.
      Cool. btw, I didn't mean to snap.

Comment

• Posted on another "diet" board:

"Duncan Hines new 100% whole grain double chocolate muffins are crazy good. Too bad they still have so much fat and sugar, but at least they're 100% whole grain, right??"

oye vey!
        It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
        Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

• I have a co-worker who today had a "Blackberry Dream" smoothie for lunch cause he is "trying to slim down".

Calories: 365
          Fat (g): 1
          Saturated fat (g): 0
          Carbohydrates (g): 88
          Sugar (g): 68
          Protein (g): 2
          Ingredients: Blackberries, Soy Protein, Carbohydrate Mix, Turbinado, Honey

Lord only knows what "Carbohydrate Mix" is.

Funny thing is... I have explained Paleo/Primal to this guy before and he just scoffs at it... tells me it sounds really unhealthy... then goes back to stuffing more 100 calorie packs of garbage into his overweight frame.
          "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
          - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldsmith View Post
            I have a co-worker who today had a "Blackberry Dream" smoothie for lunch cause he is "trying to slim down".

Funny thing is... I have explained Paleo/Primal to this guy before and he just scoffs at it... tells me it sounds really unhealthy... then goes back to stuffing more 100 calorie packs of garbage into his overweight frame.
            Wow...68g of sugar. Good luck with that, co-worker dude!

eta: even under CW norms, that's entirely too much sugar
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I have a co-worker who today had a "Blackberry Dream" smoothie for lunch cause he is "trying to slim down".

I don't get how soy protein is the second ingredient on the list, and there are only 2g protein. Does that mean it's 95% blackberries?
              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                Wow...68g of sugar. Good luck with that, co-worker dude!

eta: even under CW norms, that's entirely too much sugar
                You know what would be interesting? Weigh out those 68 grams of sugar next time he gets a "healthy" smoothie (or some other sweetened drink), then lay it out like lines of cocaine and tell him sugar is a drug. And look how much he just "snorted."

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                  You know what would be interesting? Weigh out those 68 grams of sugar next time he gets a "healthy" smoothie (or some other sweetened drink), then lay it out like lines of cocaine and tell him sugar is a drug. And look how much he just "snorted."
                  love this!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

And what do you want to bet he was hungry a couple of hours later. If you eat 365 calories worth of meat, that'll stick with you.

Comment

• 88 carbs, i wouldn't even feel like i'd eaten anything
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

I bet Carbohydrate Mix is a fance word for Sugar, HFCS, CS... ect.
                        The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                        Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                        Pope John Paul II

Comment

• Lay out those little sugar packets. It takes 17 to equal 68 grams of sugar. That is scary.

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post

Comment

• So last night, my mother-in-law came over and was kind enough to watch the baby while I cooked and ate dinner with my wife. MiL went vegan three weeks ago after watching "Forks Over Knives" which she found very convincing. After patiently listening for several minutes to the overwhelming evidence that meat is poison, I tentatively responded.

Me: "But have the studies been controlled for --"
                            MiL: "Yes. Yes they have."

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
                              Lay out those little sugar packets. It takes 17 to equal 68 grams of sugar. That is scary.
                              TruMoo Chocolate Whole Milk has 48g of sugar. I feel sick. Oh and great, there's friggin Trans Fat in it! You rarely see anything with that on the label these days...
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Much dairy and meat trans fat, though, is actually good for you:

Trans Fat Is Good For You, But Only If It’s From Meat and Butter: Vaccenic Acid and the Conjugated Linoleic Acids - GNOLLS.ORG

As with just about everything, not all trans fats are created alike.

Comment

Working...
                                X