No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother lives in the states and he gets full fat yogurt from Middleeastern stores (it's staple in the diet there). But I wonder if you guys would like it, it's slightly more sour and more lumpy that the "Western" version, due to the live bacteria.

Comment

History final today...

Guess what the professor brought us as "nourishment" and "energy sources"?

Cookies, diet coke, and iced tea! 8:30AM!

Caffeine and sugar for the already stressed out students!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

love this post!

i spent this morning with my in-laws (not by choice) and my FIL asked me what my 8 month old is trying with foods right now. I mentioned the veggies and fruits he likes and has tried. i also mentioned the chicken and turkey... then he asks "has he tried oatmeal yet?"... my reply "no, and he will not be eating grains. they have no nutritional value to it"... and both my ILs hemmed and hawed... They have noticed that I have lost a lot of weight but I never told them what I was doing. They already have issues that I have my own opinion on things....

So my MIL says "well, at least you are just eating chicken and turkey... not a lot of red meat, right?"... coming from a family full of auto-immune issues, i just smiled and said "mmmmm red meat is the BEST!"... funny thing, my FIL called this morning saying that his IBS is okay now so i could come down to the house....

I loved how my SIL was in the back biting her tongue. i know she wanted to say something (the once before vegetarian and a "resident" at Stanford - because Dr.s know it all, right? ;P)

Ahhhh, this is going to be fun! haha

Comment

Haha FNW "Full fat. All the fat." I laughed at that

And PrimalK, that would have had me staring at my lap so as not to unknowingly be giving a horrified look...I&#39;ve got an expressive face apparently. Only 2 pastries being an improvement is like only having two bullet wounds instead of three...

You are what you eat,
          and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Great one yesterday when I was making my dinner (pork steaks) and two of my flatmates were also in the kitchen... One of them offered me a biscuit, I declined, so he says to the other one "I&#39;ve never seen Gary eat a biscuit the whole time he&#39;s been here... he&#39;s a healthy eater. He does eat a lot of meat though...".

They also found it hard to believe that I can just eat a main course and stop without feeling any compelling need to have a dessert. "I take it you just don&#39;t eat desserts because of your tastes?". The implication being that it&#39;s not out of health concern because I can&#39;t be concerned about my health when I eat all that meat?

Comment

• Here's one that made me realize that even the most health-conscious CW'ers are ignorant about nutrition... a co-worker who constantly talks about working out was talking about how much he wanted a McDonald's ice cream sundae. "I want 6-pack abs... but it's only 150 calories!" To which another co-worker, who is also health-conscious because she is trying to get pregnant, said, "Well how much of that is fat calories?"

Yeah it's those dangerous fat calories you gotta watch out for. Not all that sugar and chemicals.
              But I never understood, if it is just calories in-calories out, then what does it matter if it's fat calories??

Comment

• Originally posted by eva View Post
                a couple of days ago i was out for dinner w hubby. So i was ordering a nice steak and a side dish of grilled mushrooms and a tomato-onion sidesalad. So i make my order and the waiter asks if i want frenchfries with that- my answer is no potatoes pls. But he continues suggesting different potatoe options- baked potatoes? boiled potatoes? mashed potatoes? potatosalad? and to each i patiently reply - no potatoes pls. So finally he saYs: "ok i understand. U want rice. Why cant u just say so!!" N i very patiently anwer :" no thank u, i just take what i ordered". So the waiter leaves quite pissed off...n my hubby cant stop laughing
                OH MY DAYS..... I was laughing my head off reading that comment hahahaha
                "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

• Talking to a co-worker just now about what we're eating for lunch, i told him im eating left over beef pot roast with veggies etc.
                  He goes "oh that sounds good, im just having cereal today, but im prolly better off for it" he sounded sad! (as he should be) I asked him what kind i guess he just eats a cup of special K cereal for lunch most days
                  Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                  Current Weight: 266lbs
                  High-school Weight: 235lbs
                  Goal: ????

Comment

• My fiancee is all Italian. She's great, but she is bringing me into a typical italian family, and a typical meal looks like this:

course 1: pasta

course 2: anti pasta

course 3: pasta

course 4: bread

course 5: pasta

course 6: meats with pasta

course 7: fish with pasta

Ok maybe an exageration but you get the point. I have a two year old nephew, who is a bit of a picky eater... I'm over for dinner last week, and he won't take any of my steak, or burger, or sausage (it was an awesome meal ). So my sister in law says: "well as long as he's eating PASTA and staying AWAY FROM THE BREAD, then he'll be fine and I'm ok with that."

The kid is going to be a carbo maniac (and it's too bad, because he is built like a BULL and even though he's two, I already know I could turn him into a primal monster )

to each their own I guess???

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                      putting on "traffic light" labels for fat, salt, and sugar.
                      (hum) One of these things is not like the other (/hum) Which one of these three items has *not* sustained human health for hundreds of thousands of years?
                      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by maba View Post
                        Isn&#39;t it crazy that they stock up on all the processed stuff but I had to go to 3 different stores before I found full-fat yoghurt.
                        It IS crazy. But CW goes: "Yogurt is a health food, and healthy food does not have fat!" Sure, it has sugar, artificial colors/flavors/sweeteners, & HFCS, but fat? The HoRrOrs!!!!!!

I'm in GA. We have 7 Oaks, Fage, TJ's, and a couple of other brands of whole yogurt, available at Whole foods, Trader Joe's, The Fresh Market, and urban & suburban Krogers. Fage is available in pints whole (although TJ recently continued the whole fat pints GRRR), but somewhere in New England I saw Fage quarts for crazy wonderful prices!!
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• My 80 year old father was complaining of headaches and disorientation. My sister took him the emergency ward at the local hospital to get diagnosed. they said he had a 92% arterial blockage in his left carotid artery. The told him he needed fast surgery and said they wanted to keep him in the hospital until the surgery could be set up to remove the blockage. Scary stuff.

The doctor did his usual spiel about cholesterol, blah, blah, blah.

After the doctor left the nurse came in with dinner; Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and some mushy booger colored substance on the side that maybe have once been green beans before being canned then boiled mercilessly for an hour.

I went out and brought him a gourmet omelet from the cafeteria. Visitors eat better than the patients.

My dad gave up eggs 10 years ago on advice from another doctor.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexP712 View Post
                            My 80 year old father was complaining of headaches and disorientation. My sister took him the emergency ward at the local hospital to get diagnosed. they said he had a 92% arterial blockage in his left carotid artery. The told him he needed fast surgery and said they wanted to keep him in the hospital until the surgery could be set up to remove the blockage. Scary stuff.

The doctor did his usual spiel about cholesterol, blah, blah, blah.

After the doctor left the nurse came in with dinner; Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and some mushy booger colored substance on the side that maybe have once been green beans before being canned then boiled mercilessly for an hour.

I went out and brought him a gourmet omelet from the cafeteria. Visitors eat better than the patients.

My dad gave up eggs 10 years ago on advice from another doctor.
                            ugh! This is so sad! I hope your dad gets better.

Comment

• I have friends who work out every day so that they can eat whatever they want... mostly desserts, all day long. I try to explain the 80% diet theory... but they are convinced that a half hour workout entitles them to eat 1,000s of calories of sweets all the time.
                              Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
                              Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
                              Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SassaFrass88 View Post
                                My non-Primal colleague just had a double-masectomy (not funny), but now she eats mostly raw and vegetarian meals only.....and drinks like 2 cans of diet coke a day and snorts at my eating meat and saturated fat....

:-/
                                hahah!! oh i really cant stand the veggies that think they are so damn healthy!!!! 2 cans of DIET coke?? can some one say sugar shock with me?!?!

its funny how scared people are of meat!

Comment

Working...
                                X