Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnnaMoyer View Post
    This is the first time my parents have been actually disturbed by my eating habits. They were cool with the high fat thing, since I'm underweight, but gnawing on bones may be pushing the boundaries so to speak
    Get used to it. My family gags every time I crunch down on cartilage. They also cringe for organ meats, marrow, meat drippings (In a cup or off of a plate, I drink my warm pig fat straight. ~Primal nursery rhyme) and pig skin. Crackling, I think it's called.
    Interesting story, my family tried to give the crackling to the dog. I very casually said that if I didn't get my share of it I'll be having long pig crackling instead. I don't know if they believed me. I also don't know if I was joking.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadelynMc View Post
      And if I hear the media cite "healthy eating" one more time as the reason for Subway's expansion and success, my head is going to explode.
      Technically its true, just not in the way we think. Ive heard marketting researchers refer to the effect as the "health halo" effect. Even though it is, in essence, the same junky fast food as any other chain, clever marketting and manipulation of presentation passes them off as "healthy" in the general public view, so voila.

Subway should be frickin bowing down to Jared and whomever came up with the Jared marketting campaign, its without a doubt the best thing to happen to a sandwich chain since sliced bread.
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• I had a conversation with my boss (I'm her nanny, she is a Internal Medicine Resident) today about my son's food allergies. It went a little something like this:

Me: I'm thinking about getting him tested for delayed reaction allergies, since all of his reactions seem to be digestion related, just like mine are. That's part of why I think wheat is a problem for him too. He will be constipated for days, then when he finally goes it hurts, but is mushy and gross.
        Her: Well, be careful cutting out wheat, not getting enough fiber could be part of the reason he's constipated. Fiber is what makes your digestive system work.
        Me: He loves vegetables, especially fibrous ones like broccoli and avocado. (Mind boggled by the fiber makes your digestive system work comment, but I gave an answer I knew would work)
        Her: Oh, that should be ok then.

*mental facepalm*

Comment

• I went to my local supermarket the other day, only to stumble across their brand new organic meat-section. Excited, I walked over, only to realise the massive sign hanging above the beef-cuts: "Organic and grain-fed: Every time". Yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
            He will be constipated for days, then when he finally goes it hurts, but is mushy and gross.
            Sometimes when kids are backed up this happens because you get stuff trying to "squeeze past" the solid blockage. My daughter has had lots of issues. A couple things we did recently to get her cleared out and going more recently. We added a daily probiotic (I am working on learning about fermenting so we can provide what she needs in food), and started giving her a couple prunes a day. The other thing we did that I had never thought of, but made total sense after I read it, was to start having her sit on the potty for 5 minutes after every meal. This has helped her to get comfortable with going regularly which prevents her getting so backed up. I also feel like it has helped her stop being scared about pain since she is there regularly and has more experiences that are pain free.
            Beginning of Primal Journey:
            Date: 4/6/2011
            Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy View Post
              Paleobird, did these friends not know you before you lost the weight? Or do they have sudden, collective amnesia?

My family is full of obese people and it amazes me that they all seem to have forgotten I was once just like them.
              I think it's collective amnesia. Brain damage caused by too much sugar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                Get used to it. My family gags every time I crunch down on cartilage. They also cringe for organ meats, marrow, meat drippings (In a cup or off of a plate, I drink my warm pig fat straight. ~Primal nursery rhyme) and pig skin. Crackling, I think it's called.
                Interesting story, my family tried to give the crackling to the dog. I very casually said that if I didn't get my share of it I'll be having long pig crackling instead. I don't know if they believed me. I also don't know if I was joking.
                My boyfriend finally got use to my crunching of cartilage. He's fascinated while watching me clean chicken wings - and says he's always impressed by my hyena jaw.

And about the dog thing, whenever someone in the family would save a steak bone with lots of stuff on it for the dogs - my dad and I would start barking (this was way before being primal, but I've started doing it more often after).

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                Congenital Hypothyroid
                CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by CoS View Post
                  Ugh....my stepdad had two huge racks of really good looking ribs in the fridge the other day. I said that I might stop by later to have some. I was going to cover them in spices and throw em on the grill. When I got home, they were all in the crockpot with some thick HFCS sauce. It is so awkward to answer "The ribs are ready"
                  WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU USE A CROCKPOT INSTED OF A GRILL.... that my friends is how you ruin ribs...
                  Last edited by Glockin Grok; 09-23-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by spakesneaker View Post
                    Advertising: somehow, people fall for it.
                    "Advertising is based on one thing: happiness. And do you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell of a new car. It's freedom from fear. It's a billboard on the side of a road that screams with reassurance that whatever you're doing is OK. You are OK. "

- Don Draper, while pitching a campaign to Lucky Strike.
                    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
                    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldsmith View Post
                      "Advertising is based on one thing: happiness. And do you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell of a new car. It's freedom from fear. It's a billboard on the side of a road that screams with reassurance that whatever you're doing is OK. You are OK. "

- Don Draper, while pitching a campaign to Lucky Strike.
                      LIKE!

All I want to be is a Joan Holloway.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
                        I went to my local supermarket the other day, only to stumble across their brand new organic meat-section. Excited, I walked over, only to realise the massive sign hanging above the beef-cuts: "Organic and grain-fed: Every time". Yikes.
                        I see similar signs in my grocery stores, as though they're PROUD of their grain-fed meat in spite of the growing evidence to the contrary. I can only think it's industry's way of trying to keep their foot in the door of our refrigerators.
                        At first I stood there, staring at the signs, mind boggling at the sheer audacity. And then I remember, very few people have probably seen, or even heard of, such films as Food Inc, and King Corn, etc. And then, inside, I cried for people who think they're doing themselves, and their families, a good thing by buying that kind of meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glockin Grok View Post
                          WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU USE A CROCKPOT INSTED OF A GRILL.... that my friends is how you ruin ribs...
                          WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU USE A GRILL INSTEAD OF A SMOKER... that my friends is how you ruin ribs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            Out at a coffee house with two friends, size XL and XXXL. I'm at the counter ordering while they are at the table chomping on cookies that are (no exaggeration) about 8-10 inches in diameter plus slurping up mocha lattes. They are looking at my newly slimmed posterior and don't think I hear them as I am getting my large unsweetened herbal tea.

XL: Wow, Robin really has lost a lot of weight. (chomp, slurp)
                            XXXL : Yeah, it really shows. (chomp, slurp)
                            XL: She's just lucky. (chomp, slurp)
                            XXXL : Yeah, she must have one of *those* metabolisms. (chomp, slurp)
                            XL: Yeah, that's so unfair. (chomp, slurp)
                            XXXL: Yeah, I could never do that with MY metabolism. (chomp, slurp)
                            XL: No, me neither. (chomp, slurp)

I have told both of these people about Primal but they would rather ascribe my success to "luck" or one of *those* metabolisms than take a hard look at their own behaviors. Now, I'm not saying that real metabolic disorders don't exist, but I think there are a lot of people playing the "metabolism card" as an excuse to not make better choices.

That night I just decided to pretend like I didn't hear them just because getting into it would be pointless. These are well educated intelligent women with all the resources of MDA (thanks to me) but still refuse to change. That is their choice I guess. Oh well.

chomp, slurp..... ha ha ha, what a belly laugh! (Oh wait, is that a pun?)
                            It makes me sad that people are trying hard to do the right thing but failing because they have the wrong information.
                            Without question, bacon is the most interesting meat in the world, and if it were capable of original thought, we wouldn't even be having an election this November in America. We would simply appoint bacon as our forever leader and live dutifully under its rule.

Comment

• I saw a commercial at the gym yesterday advertising a Pay Day as a great source of energy for the sole reason that it contains nuts.

Comment

• A CW win: ‘Don’t Get Fat-Smacked!’ Boston Blitz Targets Sugary Drinks | CommonHealth Lately in the T I've been seeing ads reminding people to be aware of how much sugary drinks (soda AND juices) they're consuming. Okay, so the campaign is actually called Don't Get Fat-Smacked, but they're specifically talking about the sugar content (and calories) of these drinks, so it's a step in the right direction. There's also a separate campaign aimed at parents of young children, reminding them that sodas and fruit drinks are harmful to young kids (wish they would realize it doesn't do adults any favors either.

A CW loss for words: What's so bad about sugar? I seriously wonder if this article was sponsored by the Mars company. Yes, you do need some sugar, but why does it NEVER mention you can get that glucose from fresh fruit. It makes it sound like your 2pm Snickers is good for your health. I was not up for taking on the comments.
                                "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Comment

Working...
                                X