No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sitting in my doctor's appointment reading over my blood work, waiting for my doc, and the section of the packet that explains cholesterol had me laughing. It said that in order to lower LDL, you should avoid saturated fat. My LDL is 89, my HDL was 87.9. And I've been eating steak, pork, and coconut oil like nobodies business. Suck it, CW.

Comment

• Crap, my life is turning into a Bud Light commercial!
      You say that like it's a bad thing.
      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• I finally had one today... talking to my best friend of like 7 years. I was telling her about the primal blueprint way and she says:
        "I had a friend that went low carb once and I was thinking about doing it to but then she got really sick and the doctors told her it was because she needed to be eating carbs. Carbs are really good for you, you know?"
        This was following her telling me that sugar is one of the main culprits in weight gain (agreed) and people should cut out sodas and desserts... and I said sugar is in everything almost (packaged foods, ketchup, steak sauce, etc) and she says well some sugar is good for you, you just need to get rid of sodas and desserts is all.
        Facepalm

Comment

• My mom works in a doctor's office and told me this little gem the other day: the doctor tells his patients who want to lose weight to drink warm jello when they get a sugar craving. Ummmm what? Because it's filling. Nevermind all the sugar that's in it. Basically you should stave off sugar cravings with...sugar.
          http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MadelynMc View Post
            the doctor tells his patients who want to lose weight to drink warm jello
            Warm jello! I didn't think many people knew about that. We used to drink it as kids, its actually pretty tasty. Mmmmm. Warm Jello. Not good for you tho, no doubt there.
            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• When I was a kid we used to have Wonder bread spread with butter and topped with sugar as a snack. And it tasted damn good.

Of course I am old enough that the wheat used then is not the wheat used now. (See Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis)

Comment

• Warm jello, really? I'm so gagging right now - normal jello is disgusting. (Totally no offense to anyone.)

I was the one kid in kindergarten that missed snack time 50% of the time, because some mom would always make jello cups for the class. EW.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                Congenital Hypothyroid
                CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• My CW story:

When I was in kindergarten, I actually got in trouble for refusing to eat chocolate-chip cookies and drink chocolate-chip milk. The teacher marched me to her office and called my Mom, and this conversation ensued:
                  Mom: "Well is she complaining that she's hungry?"
                  Teacher: "... no."
                  Mom: "Okay, then let her starve. She isn't hurting anybody."
                  Teacher: "But she should eat it! It's the snack, they have to have snack!"
                  Me: "I'm allergic to chocolate!" *totally lying*
                  Teacher: "She says she's allergic to chocolate, is that true?"
                  Mom: "Well she HAS been known to have a reaction."

Of course, that reaction was typically "yuck" but she neglected to mention that. Thus I was spared the horrible fate of having to eat cookies and chocolate.

Now some comments:

Originally posted by jandge View Post
                  Sister: He ate his rice and beans, that was totally protein.
                  Totally?
                  "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                  Mom: Your Father in law and I don't eat eggs but maybe once a week because of the cholesterol.
                  If you really want to blow their minds, tell them that according to the American Heart Association, you can eat an egg every day because the lutein found in egg yolks also protects against the progress of early heart disease.
                  Last edited by Jenny; 09-15-2011, 06:50 AM.
                  "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by jandge View Post
                    Me: Baby, you eat your pork chop.
                    Small Cousin: No!
                    Me: It's good protein! Yum!
                    Sister: He ate his rice and beans, that was totally protein. *places oreo fudge brownie dessert in front of him*
                    Me: *fucking speechless*
                    I was at Cracker Barrel with my boyfriend's family once, and his sister told her (five-year-old) son that he couldn't have any pancakes unless he ate his biscuit. This was almost a year before I embraced paleo, and even then I boggled at the logic. (Didn't say anything, since, y'know...other people's kids.)

Comment

• Does anyone feel like an alien a little bit when everyone else around you is eating crappy processed grain, soy, hydrogenated fats, sugar all day? You know saying anything is useless and makes people think you are crazy? You have this information in your head that you want to share and help people but it's never worth saying anything. 99.9% of the population seem to be zombies eating processed food, taking pharma drugs and living on a treadmill.

Comment

• hazmat -- I think that's one thing that makes trying to live primally hard. Your world seems so disconnected from the world around you. It seems impossible to have both worlds coexisting simultaneously.

I like the fact that you used both "zombies" and "alien" in the same comment. It really does represent how far Primal Living is from the world of manufactured food and the neverending parade of drugs to "fix" the problems they create.
                        Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnk View Post
                          hazmat -- I think that's one thing that makes trying to live primally hard. Your world seems so disconnected from the world around you. It seems impossible to have both worlds coexisting simultaneously.

I like the fact that you used both "zombies" and "alien" in the same comment. It really does represent how far Primal Living is from the world of manufactured food and the neverending parade of drugs to "fix" the problems they create.
                          Absolutely. That disconnect is real, many of us have it with our spouses and families. People are so brainwashed that they would never believe that grains are bad for them. People also have this view that if they aren't overweight they are healthy. If they are skinny why do they need to change what they eat? I think the concept of skinny= healthy and fat=unhealthy is so beaten into our heads.

I tried explaining to my father in law that she stop eating wheat instead of taking statins. He said I was crazy if I wouldn't take drugs.

Comment

• Hell, I'd give my right arm if my family would try to be healthy by CW standards. What's the point in telling them that all bread is bad if they aren't willing to trade HFCS-white bread for whole grain wheat bread? Its very frustrating. The environment that raised me to be 300 lbs by age 20 certainly isn't going to change completely in just a short summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                              "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                              And if folks continue to eat SAD they will be
                              " mostly dead as opposed to all dead"
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Medical check-up. Lady saw my total cholesterol at 230-something and started to lecture me until they saw how high my good cholesterol was. Then they were flummoxed that my blood sugar was only 79. I told them I eat a lot of beef lard, many eggs a day and red meat, along with piles of vegetables and coconut products. No grains, especially whole grains because of the phytates and lectins and insulin spikes. Steam came out their ears as I explained I'm eating the way people ate before there was heart disease. I felt so good blowing their minds.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X