Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    That link didn't work for me, but this article caught me eye: Gwyneth Paltrow Knee Wrinkles Kninkles - iVillage

    Dear The Daily Fail, I'm supposed to be self conscious about my KNEES now? Really?

    In conclusion, I hate everything.
    I thought we were supposed to be self conscious of our earlobes this season....
    Last edited by Corvidae; 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM. Reason: too many quotes
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

    My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

    Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MadelynMc View Post
      Seriously - every. friday. at my office. Usually a giant Panera bagel spread - box-o-bagels, spread, raisin bread, pastry ring, etc. I work for clinical cancer researchers. How's that for irony? The conversations I overhear about food make me want to bang my head against my desk to make it stop. Just FYI: lean cuisine, diet coke and pretzels are not real food.
      Aw, I love my office Fridays with bagels and donuts! I always get my free cream cheese for breakfast
      My chocolatey Primal journey

      Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
        I thought we were supposed to be self conscious of our earlobes this season....
        Crap. I'm so behind on the trends.
        No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
        -Maimonodies

        The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

        Babes with BBQ

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
          Aw, I love my office Fridays with bagels and donuts! I always get my free cream cheese for breakfast
          That was my first instinct, too. But I think I'm too afraid of what might be in it! Sugar? Corn something? "Flavors?" There's no telling. My mom bought me some organic half and half when she was in town because she used mine (no biggie I was switching to coconut creamer anyway). The container looked fairly innocuous until I flipped it over. It had like 10 ingredients. Why in the world would there be corn syrup in half and half? It boggles the mind.
          http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tobias View Post
            ahhhhh puppy chow!!!! that stuff is like crack! i used to be able to down an entire bowl of that stuff, then of course be in a sugar coma for the next week!
            Puppy chow is pretty awesome. I remember being very confused by it when I first moved to the Midwest! "WTF? What is this doing in the deli/bakery area? And why are there SAMPLES???"
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

            Comment


            • OMG, talk about crack pushers - one taste of that stuff and you're hooked. PB, chocolate, sweet, crunchy... RUN AWAY!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                Yep, I'm over there too!
                I think us Ravelers are taking over the world, one forum at a time! Maybe we should have a Primal group over there?


                Comment


                • Originally posted by sires6 View Post

                  I swear one day, I will eat bacon again. If I only find the best kind, that is since the hormones and junk in commercial pork kills me.
                  LOVE the Scarlet O'Hara-ish quote! HAHAHAHA You just left out as God as my witness!
                  Karin


                  Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                  What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                  Comment


                  • I was putting butter on yams a few days ago and my cousin asked, "Is it low-fat butter?"

                    I was making a smoothie with goat milk yogurt yesterday and my cousin asked, "Is it low-fat yogurt?"

                    Last night my cousin was making some kind of horrific soup-from-a-packet and asked my mother if she wanted any, saying, "It has no fat."

                    Notice a trend?

                    Also, low-fat butter? Seriously? It's a crime against nature to even think of such a thing.

                    Comment


                    • I was playing golf yesterday with a guy who said he is a health care provider. I think that meant he is a nurse.

                      Anyway, I was explaining the past inflammation issues I had that prevented me from playing golf and said that I gave up wheat and it all went away. He said "I never heard of that causing inflammation." I said yeah, my wife has celiac's and she got me doing research on it.

                      He laughed and said "WHEAT? I thought you said you gave up weed. Yeah, wheat can definitely cause inflammation."

                      We chuckled about that the whole round.

                      ~rc

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                        LOVE the Scarlet O'Hara-ish quote! HAHAHAHA You just left out as God as my witness!
                        I am sorta from the south and I didn't even realize I'd said it that way. Any true Southerner knows it was the "War of Northern Aggression" anyway.

                        I had 3 fried eggs with home made hollandaise and a whole avocado drizzled with olive oil and vinegar, sprinkled with sea salt for breakfast and I couldn't help but hear my MIL say "I only eat one egg a week".

                        I love Eggs Benedict. Wish I could have the Canadian Bacon with it... sigh.
                        The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                        Psalms 144:15

                        Annie Sires

                        Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                        Pope John Paul II

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by spakesneaker View Post
                          I was putting butter on yams a few days ago and my cousin asked, "Is it low-fat butter?"

                          I was making a smoothie with goat milk yogurt yesterday and my cousin asked, "Is it low-fat yogurt?"

                          Last night my cousin was making some kind of horrific soup-from-a-packet and asked my mother if she wanted any, saying, "It has no fat."

                          Notice a trend?

                          Also, low-fat butter? Seriously? It's a crime against nature to even think of such a thing.
                          My cousin just asked me what toppings I wanted on pizza, and when I said I didn't want any pizza, she said, "It's okay, there's no fat on it... you can just remove the cheese."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kiwigirl42 View Post
                            I think us Ravelers are taking over the world, one forum at a time! Maybe we should have a Primal group over there?
                            We kind of do (thanks to belinda). Check out the LSG - Anti-Lard Alliance group. There are a couple of threads over there just for us! One is "Primal Urges and Paleo Ponderings" and the other is "Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge 2011".
                            Durp.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                              I am sorta from the south and I didn't even realize I'd said it that way. Any true Southerner knows it was the "War of Northern Aggression" anyway.

                              I had 3 fried eggs with home made hollandaise and a whole avocado drizzled with olive oil and vinegar, sprinkled with sea salt for breakfast and I couldn't help but hear my MIL say "I only eat one egg a week".

                              I love Eggs Benedict. Wish I could have the Canadian Bacon with it... sigh.
                              What a waste. Hollandaise sauce is meant to be eaten on steamed broccoli.
                              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                                I am sorta from the south and I didn't even realize I'd said it that way. Any true Southerner knows it was the "War of Northern Aggression" anyway.

                                I had 3 fried eggs with home made hollandaise and a whole avocado drizzled with olive oil and vinegar, sprinkled with sea salt for breakfast and I couldn't help but hear my MIL say "I only eat one egg a week".

                                I love Eggs Benedict. Wish I could have the Canadian Bacon with it... sigh.
                                me too.. lived as a child in Savannah, Ga
                                Karin


                                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                                What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X