No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was at my doctors yesterday, getting my injured knee looked at (caught up on the way down coming off my horse). She says to me that her doctors group now belongs to a larger group with good access to trainers and nutritionists, and would I be interested in seeing one. I said to her look, been down that road, thats how I got this fat - being told to cut the fat, eat grains and whole wheat pasta, low fat low fat low fat. I told her that I feel better than I have in years now that I've cut out grains and sugar, and have replaced them with fat, and about some of the negative experiences I've had with "certified dieticians". She says oh, so you need one thats open minded. Yes, yes I do. Then I would go and see one.

The down side is even though my weigh system at home is showing weight loss, I still can't weigh on the Dr's scale. I was really, really hoping by now I could. I wish she'd get a scale that goes to a higher weight, ffs I'm 6'1" and not going to be below their top scale weight for a while, so I'm super discouraged and feeling like I'm fatter than ever.

Gotta love a trip to the doctors.

I can't be too angry with her, she's an awesome doctor, but that one trip has me feeling worse about myself than I have in a long time.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• Ran into a doctor doing her residency this evening. Tried explaining low carb response I got:

Her: "Your brain needs glucose, you need to eat carbs."
      Me: Uhhh...gluconeogensis?
      Her: No such thing! Plus you can end up in ketoacidosis
      Me: That only happens in diabetics due to lack of insulin.
      Her: I don't believe you.

O_o

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Re testing for a diagnosis - my doc would like me to be tested for lactose intolerance. How to do that? Well, instead of carefully avoiding dairy so as to avoid crippling stomach pains, diarrhoea and joint pains, I should drink a glass of milk under careful lab observation and then be tested to see if I react. Huh?? This is so my doc can be sure I'm right because "lots of people avoid dairy unnecessarily, and it's essential for bone health in older women". I say that the doc can think what he likes, I don't care! What really makes me crazy is that a friend actually fell for this line - she's been casein allergic all her life, and she consented to be 'tested' late in life. She had to call for her daughter to drive her home, and spent the trip curled up in the footwell of the car because she was in so much pain.
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by MadelynMc View Post
            Another one at the office today while I was getting water in the break room.....
            i sympathize. I get mistaken for being a vegetarian frequently. It drives me nuts! Vegan mayo. Jeezus. Personally, I think that's crazy to not even eat eggs.

Comment

• me too! on monday, a coworker told me that i would like the place we're going to lunch because "it's vegan".
              i said, "i don't see why i would like it, i'm a carnivore"

on tuesday, the same coworker told me that i would like the place we're going to lunch because "i can get a salad".
              i said, "i only get salad becuase you people wont take me to outback to get an effing steak!"

i brought my lunch on wednesday. and every day after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catherine View Post
                i sympathize. I get mistaken for being a vegetarian frequently. It drives me nuts! Vegan mayo. Jeezus. Personally, I think that's crazy to not even eat eggs.
                And those vegan lunchmeats are fricking awful. The only thing worse is vegan hot dogs, followed closely by vegan bacon. Just thinking about them makes me want to puke.

Here's the awesome list of ingredients on the bologna!
                Water, isolated soy protein, vital wheat gluten, expeller pressed canola oil, evaporated cane juice, natural flavors (contains yeast extract), sea salt, autolyzed yeast, onion and garlic powder, vitamins & minerals (dipotassium phosphate, dimagnesium phosphate, zinc oxide, ferric orthophosphate, calcium panthothenate, thiamin hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin, iron oxide), carrageenan, wheat starch, beet powder (for color), citric acid, spice.

All I can think is -- wow. I used to eat that. o____o
                Steph
                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• I didn't know there was a "vital" wheat gluten. I better get some of that!

Comment

• I was just channel surfing and Holy Crap! Dr Oz has a guy on his show plugging his detox diet. Lame enough, but now the guy is saying you should conserve energy by NOT HAVING SO MUCH SEX!

Frankly, that's not going to make me a happy Grokkette. I'm going to be QUITE cranky and I do believe that will seriously raise my cortisol levels.

Now his guest is saying you should rub ghee inside your nostrils every night. Um... thanks, but I'd much rather eat it.

Freaks and weirdos, people. Freaks and weirdos.
                    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                      Now his guest is saying you should rub ghee inside your nostrils every night.
                      wat

Comment

Now his guest is saying you should rub ghee inside your nostrils every night.
                        Next time you are at a bar order a buttery nostril....

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                          Next time you are at a bar order a buttery nostril....
                          They're not going to tackle me and shove butter up my nose, are they? And if they are, do I get to pick the hotty that does it?
                          Durp.

Comment

They're not going to tackle me and shove butter up my nose, are they? And if they are, do I get to pick the hotty that does it?
                            Hey, what happens in Vegas....

Comment

• A friend of mine gave up red meat because he has gout. I asked him why.

Him: Because gout is caused by Uric acid which you get from red meat.
                              Me: I think it's from the two liter of Coke you drink every day.
                              Him: No, my doctor said it's caused by uric acid in red meat and to give up red meat.
                              Me: It comes from meat?
                              Him: Yes.
                              Me: So it's in cow meat?
                              Him: Yes.
                              Me: So how does it get in the cow meat then since cows don't eat red meat?
                              Him: ...crickets...

Still drinks the soda but through CW has lost a lot of weight and ran a marathon...but still has the gout.

~rc

Comment

• Och, gout runs in my family and I don't have it so it can't be the steak.
                                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Working...
                                X