No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @OrionFrye--- Oh, so you know my roommate!

Today:
    Her: "My BF & I are trying to eat healthier, so we bought turkey bacon and margarine but I hate the way it tastes! "
    Me: "Actually, real bacon and butter aren't bad for you, you should try to cut down on carbs instead of fat."
    Her: "Well, I already basically know how to eat healthy," she said as she poured faux-maple-syrup Ms. Butterworth crap all over her egg-whites, margarine-slathered toast and part-skim string cheese.

She's 5'4", well over 250lbs, taking advice from her mother who's also 100+ pounds overweight. I suggested she read The Primal Blueprint and Good Calories, Bad Calories, only to get the same old "But I love bread and pasta too much!"

Hmm, unlimited pasta and being morbidly obese/plagued by health problems, or cutting back on carbs and getting healthy? Well that choice is obvious-- pass the macaroni! *facepalm*
    Last edited by Savannah; 08-21-2011, 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling :)

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
      No, they don't. I worked in a low income school for a year, and had lunch duty every day (ugh), so I got to see firsthand which kids ate what. The majority of them just ate chips or cheetos or whatever, some of them ate the crappy provided lunch that was basically all carbs. Nearly every kid on that campus except the hardcore athletes or the genetically blessed few had some belly pudge, some of them more than a little. Most of them were far taller/bigger than they should have been (growth hormones in the meat/milk?), and most of them had behavioral issues or ADD type stuff going on. You can't tell me their diet didn't contribute to that at all.
      Ah that reminds me. I was chatting with my 7yo niece the other week asking her if she was excited to start school again.
      We got on to the topic of their lunches and breakfast. She started going on about loving the breakfasts at the school, so I ask what the breakfasts are. Her answer?
      PIZZA!!!
      O_O
      DD born August 2012
      TTC #2
      SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
      CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
      Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
      Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Comment

• Originally posted by Savannah View Post
        @OrionFrye--- Oh, so you know my roommate!

Today:
        Her: "My BF & I are trying to eat healthier, so we bought turkey bacon and margarine but I hate the way it tastes! "
        Me: "Actually, real bacon and butter aren't bad for you, you should try to cut down on carbs instead of fat."
        Her: "Well, I already basically know how to eat healthy," she said as she poured faux-maple-syrup Ms. Butterworth crap all over her egg-whites, margarine-slathered toast and part-skim string cheese.

She's 5'4", well over 250lbs, taking advice from her mother who's also 100+ pounds overweight. I suggested she read The Primal Blueprint and Good Calories, Bad Calories, only to get the same old "But I love bread and pasta too much!"

Hmm, unlimited pasta and being morbidly obese/plagued by health problems, or cutting back on carbs and getting healthy? Well that choice is obvious-- pass the macaroni! *facepalm*
        I was at dinner the other night with a group of about 15 people, a few of which know me fairly well. Eventually, the topic of how I eat came up, especially when someone said I'd lost alot of weight. When I said I quit eating grains and refined sugars, it was the same reaction - Oh I couldn't give up THOSE!! I said I make up for it by eating bacon and butter, and people were horrified. I did say that if you ate the way I did, AND ate grains and refined sugars, you'd kill yourself...

The best part? The diabetic says "Oh yeah, she can eat all the stuff I'm not supposed to, and doesn't eat all the things I have to eat, like grains and rice and pasta".

*facepalm*

Yes, I pointed out that I do regularly do blood sugar tests to keep another diabetic friend company in her journey, and both of us eat very Primally and have maintained nice, steady, low blood sugar now for months.
        Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• This thread is awesome!

So I just switched to a new office, and lets just say I look pretty thin... and I'm still have like 60lbs to lose .... And they are having an ice cream social which I went to as a friendly gesture. When they all asked if I was gonna eat ice cream, I just told them I didn't really care for it. I find its easier to say "I don't like ____" than to be like, "I'm not eating garbage". Another woman is like, "oh I don't really like it either, but the chocolate and toppings make it better..." And yes, I watched her eat a huge bowl of sugar on top of sugar topped with more sugar... I felt sick just looking at it. I did happen to run across a platter of fresh fruit though, so I helped myself to that while all of them were eating bowls of that processed stuff.
          SW - 206 (08/20/11)
          CW - 199 (08/29/11)

Comment

• This thread is awesome.

So the husband and I went to east Tennessee this weekend for a mini-vacation (Smoky Mts.). I swear to god there was a pancake 'house', 'pantry', 'shop', 'cabin' on every. single. corner. It would be an understatement to say our breakfast options were limited. Anyway, I figured I could at least get an omelet......These people could not understand why in the world I didn't want orange juice, muffins, biscuits, pancakes AND corn grits with my eggs (I'm not kidding - literally came with ALL of that). So I said skip all that stuff. I'll have eggs, bacon and a fruit cup. They ditched the pancakes for me and charged an extra $2.50 for the fruit. Seriously?? I forgo a couple of pounds of refined flour and they charged me for the fruit. Fantastic. And the eggs were lame.

Also, I saw this on the menu:

"Healthier Low Cholesterol Breakfast" which consisted of whole wheat pancakes (pretty sure a pancake is a pancake is a pancake, right?), margarine instead of butter, and low-fat sausage. Thanks, guys.
            http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Comment

• Sarah 'The Healthy Home Economist' has found another good one:
              Doctors Warn Against Supermodel’s Coconut Oil Habit
              Keith Ayoob, director of the nutrition clinic at the Children's Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, said the oil will not give you the body of a supermodel.
              "I can't say I'd want people consuming lots of coconut oil. You should use it sparingly," Ayoob said.
              "You want to cut back on saturated fats in your diet. I don't know what benefit it would have for weight management because it has just as many calories as any other fat."
              Ah, the director of a nutrition clinic for children. Must know what he's talking about.

Comment

• I just started using Daily Burn to track my cal/fat/carb ratios as I find it easier to enter meals than Fitday. Unfortunately, it's just a tad more big brother than Fitday as I just got an email telling me I'm over consuming Saturated Fat (oh noes!). According to the email, multiple health organizations have decided that 72g of sat. fat is too much for one day. If I upgrade today I can track this "artery-clogging" nutrient more thoroughly. Thanks for the pro-tip, guys, but I'm all set!
                "Fry cracked corn, and I don't care. Leela cracked corn, I still don't care. Bender cracked corn, and he is great! Take that you stupid corn." - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Comment

• Originally posted by jesbelle View Post
                  I just started using Daily Burn to track my cal/fat/carb ratios as I find it easier to enter meals than Fitday. Unfortunately, it's just a tad more big brother than Fitday as I just got an email telling me I'm over consuming Saturated Fat (oh noes!). According to the email, multiple health organizations have decided that 72g of sat. fat is too much for one day. If I upgrade today I can track this "artery-clogging" nutrient more thoroughly. Thanks for the pro-tip, guys, but I'm all set!
                  I use dailyburn occasionally too. Usually once a week or so when I'm curious what my ratios are, and every time I do I get that email.

Comment

• Originally posted by mammlouk View Post
                    Yesterday we were at a gathering with our friends and my wife told me she heard one of our friends who is active and "fit" in the world's eyes, but not lean by any real definition, talking. She was explaining to our overweight friend that in order to do better on the challenging hikes she has been going on she needs to eat a 200 calorie carb snack every hour and that she should carb load before hand. She then proceeded to explain that her husband, who is CW normal-ish but realistically overweight, always carb loads before he goes on his long bike rides.
                    Yikes! I wonder what she would think if I told her I do my 15-20k hikes fasted?

Comment

• I just remembered of a moment from a few years ago - an acquaintance of mine wanted to lose weight by cutting calories, so the only adjustment she made (as the first 'baby step') was to replace the one teaspoon of sugar in her single daily coffee with a calorie-free sweetener. She wasn't impressed when I told her she was saving herself a grand total of 16 calories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                        Sarah 'The Healthy Home Economist' has found another good one:
                        Doctors Warn Against Supermodel’s Coconut Oil Habit

Ah, the director of a nutrition clinic for children. Must know what he's talking about.
                        No wonder she's so gorgeous!
                        No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                        -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• On Friday, one of the guys that sits next to me at work went down to the canteen to get a bacon sandwich for breakfast. He came back with jam on toast... Apparently "the bacon looked great, but I decided to be healthy and have jam instead so that I can have some cake from the bake sale this afternoon"...!

*sigh*

Sugar is my nicotine...

Comment

• Pigs dont know pigs stink.

They have no clue how dumb thier thinking is. they really just dont know
                            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• all those 30 minute orgasms must kill some brain cells
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• On the topic of CW...

Those "528 New Ways to Cut Calories!" articles in women's health and fitness magazines.
                                "Dip your chips in salsa instead of guacamole! Leave the whip off of your sugary latte!"

Dear Lord.

Comment

Working...
                                X