Primal Living's Strange Benefits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Living's Strange Benefits

Mark just put up a post today about aging, and the comments were fascinating; people whose tintinnitus, creaky knees, poor hearing, arthritis and infertility issues cleared up after going primal. I was wondering, what has primal fixed for you? Or do you have a home remedy that worked better than conventional wisdom?

I started using a tongue scraper before brushing my teeth, and my teeth stay clean so much longer. I'd swear the plaque is going away. Also cleared up those little bumps on the backs of my arms by using coconut oil as a moisturizer for about a month--and they never came back!

IBS for my wife. Although that was probably just going gf.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

'Fraid my tinnitus is as loud as ever. Lost over 60lbs weight though.
      Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

My joint pain is better. Unfortunately the knee that I hyper-extended 12 years ago still pops and cracks constantly.
        The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

I have arthritis in both knees (I'm 32!) that hasn't fully gone away with eating Primally, so I'm looking into following the AIP, & see how that goes. But I am terrified of going w/out coffee, & saddened about going w/out nuts & eggs... So I'm gonna put it off a few more days at least. But I'll let you know if it works!

Comment

I never had any issues before starting primal. I was overweight but otherwise healthy, or so I thought. Almost a year of being primal, I realize how much better I feel. I was sitting in a meeting the other day drinking my coffee blended with coconut oil and thought to myself "I feel really good". I have a happy calm type thing going on that I've never experienced before. Don't get worked up, stressed out, etc. as much anymore. It's nice

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
              I was sitting in a meeting the other day drinking my coffee blended with coconut oil and thought to myself "I feel really good". I have a happy calm type thing going on that I've never experienced before. Don't get worked up, stressed out, etc. as much anymore. It's nice
              I have had similar things happen. My mood has definitely improved.

Comment

Also see this thread, it's full of little inspirations.
                be the hair that knots with my hair
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

I too have the happy calm. It is so nice, and strange that those types of feelings are things that you would have never known you were missing!

Comment

I use to have the roughest heels, that has totally gone away.

Comment

Gurgly tummy after eating. I remember the very first time it happened too. I was 14 and baby sitting for the neighbors, they ordered us a pizza and after the kids went to bed I remember having a really gurgly stomach and excruciating pain in my left side just below my ribs that would build up and go away, build up and go away, for maybe 2 hours. I had no idea what it was and was super scary for a kid.

But it became normal, I couldn't eat if I knew I'd be sitting for a while, it would cause problems. All through high school it continued. I remember my stomach 'talking' so loudly that people could hear it. I say gurgly and talking but it was gas. I thought it was normal for the longest time but when I went primal it went away.

I kinda think I may be gluten intolerant but never bothered to get tested. Go primal.
                      You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

I feel younger.

Instead of getting slower and creakier as I approach 49 I feel excited and happy.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Within days of changing to a primal diet my fibromyalgia pain and fatigue was gone! 10 years of misery GONE! Now after being primal for about 18 months, I'm down 26 pounds, my "adult acne" is gone, my skin and hair are silky smooth without moisturizer or conditioner, and I have lots more energy. I'm 53 - and the best years are ahead of me!
                          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion
                          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Originally posted by tomi View Post
                            I'm 53 - and the best years are ahead of me!
                            I love it!

Comment

Good topic. This is what I know from myself and from other people.

-Calm stomach. No gas ... if you know what I mean. Above the age of thirty this makes a noticeable difference.
                              -No athlete's foot coming and going
                              -Less or no blisters in the mouth
                              -Skin rash reduced or gone

Overall I think it most or all people would get better skin without wheat. How many people don't have any skin problems, at least when they are aging? Stop eating wheat and the condition is very likely to improve. (And stop eating sugar, of course. Aside from the other negative effects, sugar causes wrinkles.)

Comment

Working...
                              X