Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
    I was going to start making fun of disco fries,* but honestly I would still eat them if they were healthy.

*French fries with melted cheese and gravy.
    Disco fries? Never heard that term for it before. It's poutine up here, and whenever I visit the mall I'm bad and get some from New York Fries. God... so good...
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Because nothing partners with fruit better than chemicals!

"Frozen berries, dry cake mix, and 1 can of sprite. 350 for 35 min, yummy cobbler and it's a weight watchers recipe"
      yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
        Because nothing partners with fruit better than chemicals!
        "Frozen berries, dry cake mix, and 1 can of sprite. 350 for 35 min, yummy cobbler and it's a weight watchers recipe"
        That poor fruit! I just want to reach in there and rescue it.

Comment

• >Sprite zero
          >Sprite in general

It's like she wants to die
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Just in case the above wasn't enough...

Tinklees's Oreo Delight

1 box Oreo no bake dessert mix
            1 ⅓ cup Milk
            2 8oz Tubs of Cool Whip

Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
            15.25 oz box strawberry cake mix
            2 eggs
            1/3 C vegetable oil
            Optional: frosting and sprinkles

Comment

• Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
              I almost threw up in my mouth.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• going to have to stop reading this thread makes me feel ill

Comment

• You know I never considered myself a healthy eater. I loved fritos, chips, fried foods, etc. But I would have never eaten this stuff! I mean it is just gross. Maybe as a kid but even then...why oh why when there is such good food out there does this happen???
                  You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I wonder if some of these recipes are actually never made?
                    I can't imagine baking brownies with 5 snickers bars in the pan. Or 2 dozen crispy cremes in a bread pudding.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• They just sound overwhelmingly not delicious. Gross.

Their tastebuds must be burned out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cierra
                        People go to dinner parties, have "potluck" dinners, church get-togethers, birthdays, holidays, brunches -- and when these people make food, they want people to be impressed with how delicious the food is, not how HEALTHY it is. I know it's an accomplishment to bring some sort of food to a party and go home with an empty pan.
                        I always bring a huge container of home made meatballs and always go home with an empty dish. I've found the best way to ensure that you will have something Primal to eat at a get together like that is to bring it yourself.

That Captain Crunch goop above makes my teeth hurt just reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          I've found the best way to ensure that you will have something Primal to eat at a get together like that is to bring it yourself.
                          Yes, and hope that you've made enough so that everyone else doesn't polish it off first.
                          Annie Ups the Ante
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• I used to go to pot luck dinners where most people brought something that would serve two as a side if they weren't hungry. I would bring a big pot of fried rice so there would be enough food to go around. It always got eaten.

Comment

• I used to attend a vegetarian potluck and some people brought crap. Stuff like a bag of Thomas's whole wheat bagels, carry out pizza, box of crackers. It was so hit or miss. I always brought 2 or 3 home made items-desserts, potato salad. But more than half of the food was usually just a package of something off a shelf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cierra
                                You'd be surprised... People go to dinner parties, have "potluck" dinners, church get-togethers, birthdays, holidays, brunches -- and when these people make food, they want people to be impressed with how delicious the food is, not how HEALTHY it is. I know it's an accomplishment to bring some sort of food to a party and go home with an empty pan. Things can get pretty competitive in those terms. I've seen plenty of horrendous looking foods at family reunions, and my family isn't even all that unhealthy! I can't imagine what kind of foods families who regularly indulge in fast food and frankenfoods would bring to the table. Well, actually, I can, because it's all listed on this thread! haha.
                                Yeah, but so far the only recipes listed here that struck me as sounding really good was the Divinity one because I've had Divinity before and know it tastes good, and somewhat the Sex in a Pan. That one sounded like it had good potential, but as it was originally I imagined it'd taste like most baked goods I've had from home cooks (besides my spice loving mother)...boring due to having little falvor other than that of sugar.

Granted there are certain things Primal/Paleo people eat that might not go over well like organ meats, kelp noodles, kale chips.
                                However, there's plenty more to choose from that any person would love even if their the world's biggest carb addict, processed food loving, CW eater.

Comment

Working...
                                X