No announcement yet.

Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the sweetened condensed milk, I should have added I use a kg of mince in the recipe though. I've seen a lot of recipes that call for a cup of brown sugar, I don't think I add that much?

Worked out its about 100g sugar in a kilo of mince...

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      You're correct, I got confused - flavoring comes from beaver anal glands. Some red dyes come from beetles. http://savvysavingbytes.com/2011/11/...s-in-our-food/
      OMG that's even woorreeesee.

Comment

I hear there's a Primal variety. The red dye is from the expressed anal glands of beavers and the sugar is from coconuts. Voila! Health food.
        How many years of psychotherapy does it take to get a beavers anal glad to express itself? Could be a reason why red dye is so darned costly! Therapy time isn't cheap!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          you had me at 'expressed anal glands' Mmmm...now that's what's for dinner.
          beaver tail does sound inviting doesn't it!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            beaver tail does sound inviting doesn't it!
            I've heard it's very good, extremely fatty.

...Can you tell I'm Canadian. XD And then we also have beaver tail pastries but those are so not primal.
            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Growing up, most after-school snacks were a piece of cold, deep-fried chicken (cooked in butter-flavored crisco) and a homemade biscuit (made with flour, whole milk from our cow, and crisco) that you'd stick your finger in and proceed to fill with pure cane syrup. My mother also liked frying up bologna (gag) to serve us for after-school snacks, and potted meat was our "day before payday" go to sandwich fillings. Geez...I haven't thought about that in years!
              SW: 205
              CW: 205
              GW: 140

Measurements as of 12/23 Measurements as of 12/29
              Neck 15.75 15.5
              Arms L/R 15/14.5 14.5/14.5
              Ribs 39.5 38.5
              Hips 49 47.5
              Diet Calculator

My journey

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                How many years of psychotherapy does it take to get a beavers anal gland to express itself? Could be a reason why red dye is so darned costly! Therapy time isn't cheap!
                hahahaha!

Originally posted by DeniseB View Post
                My mother also liked frying up bologna (gag) to serve us for after-school snacks, and potted meat was our "day before payday" go to sandwich fillings.
                Wait - there's something wrong with fried bologna?
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Wait - there's something wrong with fried bologna?
                  My dad loves fried bologna. I am iffy on bologna type sausages. My brother loves fried spam, so maybe it's a man in my family thing. They're both meh on funky things I love (cheese and fissssh)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    I remember toasting an Eggos waffle, and carefully squirting a shot of Parkay squeezable margarine into each square before topping it off with maple syrup. And feeling like I was having a healthy breakfast, because it was warm food, not just cold cereal. (Granted, I was nine at the time.)
                    I know this is from way back in this thread -- but I totally used to do that, but since I hate maple syrup I sprinkled with a ton of powdered sugar. Oh my word.

Some other things I made way back when...
                    * I made ramen and throwing in an extra boullion cube and then melting a slice of "cheese" ("American Cheese Product") on top.
                    * I once decided that since I had a friend who made dorito-crusted chicken, and I was vegan at the time, that I was going to make dorito crusted tofu. The only flavor that is vegan (at least of what I know, and what I used) was that Spicy Sweet Chili flavor. So I marinated the tofu overnight in soy sauce and then crusted it with the doritos. I remember eating it and thinking it was so good...but it didn't stay down long and didn't taste nearly the same coming back up :-/
                    * When I was a child my paternal grandmother (I specify because my maternal grandmother raised me and was AMAZING...we raised all our own meat and grew all our own vegetables) multiple times took the seasoning leftover from ramen, when she didn't use the whole packet, and sprinkled it between two slices of american cheese. Somehow I loved it...w.t.f.

Comment

• Haha cheese ramen is a big thing here in Korea. You will even get a quartered slice of American cheese (with the wrapper still on) in expensive fruit plates (fruit is wicked expensive and seen as classy here).

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                        My dad loves fried bologna. I am iffy on bologna type sausages. My brother loves fried spam, so maybe it's a man in my family thing. They're both meh on funky things I love (cheese and fissssh)
                        SPAM is almost primal! The original variety, not any of the new flavors or the lower fat varieties.

From here: Spam (food) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, sugar, and sodium nitrite as a preservative. Spam's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.
                        It's even got gelatin! Okay, so it's 80/20. Bologna is nowadays just icky, but I indulge occasionally.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Bologna is nowadays just icky, but I indulge occasionally.
                          Bologna has ALWAYS been icky!

Getting a bit of American cheese with the wrapper still on and on an expensive fruit plate is funny.

Comment

• My favorite "food is fucked up" experiment to tell random people arguing nutrition now is this: pick up a can of spam and any other colourful thing, turn them over, and count the ingredients. Extra points for ones you can't pronounce.

Comment

• I took just enough organic chemistry to be dangerous, especially to people trying to sell me crappy food. I know the compound names for everything I'm allergic to, and can point out alcohols, enzymes, and sugars just by looking at an ingredient name. Pisses my buddies off to no end when I point out what they're actually eating: "Sugar, water, enzyme, sugar, sugar, sugar, turns into sugar, one hydroxide from poison, alcohol..."
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Here's a recipe for "Diet Bread" I found in a 1700s colonial American cookbook:

One pound sugar, 9 eggs, beat for an hour, add to 14 ounces flour, spoonful rose water, one do. cinnamon or coriander, bake quick.
                                I think the diet part must have come from "beat for an hour," and the justaposition with "bake quick" is priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X