Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I once made real eclairs. With real pastry cream, ganache and pate choux. Put forth genuine effort. Only to be informed that "you can make the same thing with graham crackers, pudding, coolwhip and chocolate frosting". I died inside.
    and they died on the outside when you judy-chopped them to the throat right?

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      I once made real eclairs. With real pastry cream, ganache and pate choux. Put forth genuine effort. Only to be informed that "you can make the same thing with graham crackers, pudding, coolwhip and chocolate frosting". I died inside.

Clearly the person who said that is an IDIOT and doesn't deserve to even taste such creations! I hope you never wasted your cooking on them again. I may be a little over sensitive when it comes to eclairs which essentially are the same thing as cream puffs, I used to make Croquembouche (a tower of cream puffs held together by caramel) for my son's birthday. If anyone had made such a comment in our house they would have been promptly 86ed.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• I've had both and no, not the same. At all. Sigh.

I'm thinking of making that awful chocolate chip cookie/oreo/brownie thing for Christmas to torture my best friend's crossfitting OMG I'm so fat DIL. She's so mean to my friend and she wouldn't be able to resist this.

Would that be wrong?

Comment

• @momrn - Nope, not wrong at all.

I think the thing that saves me from desserts is that I don't have the patience to be as perfect as one needs to be a good pastry maker. Sometimes I love to cook. And I like creating new cocktails even when they fail (Brandy and Protein Shakes do not taste anything like a Brandy Alexander by the way ). But baking stresses me out.

I love eclairs and cream puffs, and I'm very glad I'd have to go way out of my way to find one.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanks for giving me permission, Joanie!

Heads up on cocktail mixing--
            Diet Big Red + vodka=robutussin

Comment

• Hey I don't see anything wrong with you making a treat for someone! That's a nice gesture right? That whole mentality of all this crap is the same as passion and a little love is why I'm actually betting the croissants will win over the abomination. Just because they have Nutella, and Nutella is cool.

For real Christmas I am making a (gluten free, so semi-) traditional persimmon pudding. My mom used to make one for Christmas, but she quit when she thought no one liked it. I guess she didn't realize she never had to throw any away mmm. I'm bringing it to work to share, as my friends are mostly PCSed and I'm not making a big dinner like I did last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by momrn View Post
                Heads up on cocktail mixing--
                Diet Big Red + vodka=robutussin
                Icky.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  Icky.
                  yup... If your gonna use Big Red, use the full sugar version... geesh....

Comment

• I hear there's a Primal variety. The red dye is from the expressed anal glands of beavers and the sugar is from coconuts. Voila! Health food.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      I hear there's a Primal variety. The red dye is from the expressed anal glands of beavers and the sugar is from coconuts. Voila! Health food.
                      you had me at 'expressed anal glands' Mmmm...now that's what's for dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        you had me at 'expressed anal glands' Mmmm...now that's what's for dinner.
                        I just want to know how and why expressed anal glands would yield red coloring. Just from a scientific curiosity. :?

Comment

• Mmm, reading through the recipe's makes me glad I live in Australia sometimes!! Probably the worst recipe I make (and still do) is hamburger patties/rissoles.

beef mince (regular, never lean)
                          Condensed milk (generally just under half a can)
                          Packet french onion soup mix.

*sigh* I really should add veges to it...

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                            I just want to know how and why expressed anal glands would yield red coloring. Just from a scientific curiosity. :?
                            You're correct, I got confused - flavoring comes from beaver anal glands. Some red dyes come from beetles. http://savvysavingbytes.com/2011/11/...s-in-our-food/

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              you had me at 'expressed anal glands' mmmm...now that's what's for dinner.
                              lmao!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by vikyb View Post
                                Mmm, reading through the recipe's makes me glad I live in Australia sometimes!! Probably the worst recipe I make (and still do) is hamburger patties/rissoles.

beef mince (regular, never lean)
                                Condensed milk (generally just under half a can)
                                Packet french onion soup mix.

*sigh* I really should add veges to it...
                                Is that evaporated milk? The "condensed" milk we get in the US has a lot of sugar added to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X