Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Catherine View Post
    i think b/c of these pics, i had a dream that i created a drink called a Do-Rita; rita w/ glass rimmed w/ crushed doritos. LOL!
    You know, it's probably been done before.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      As a kid, there was something my mother made that we kids (all ominvorous, mind you) lovingly called "That Stuff" as in "Mom's making That Stuff again. Wanna go eat with the neighbors?" It involved canned biscuits, canned deviled chicken, canned mixed veggies, ramen noodles, and canned tomato sauce. It was foul.
      AH! My mom has a similar recipe involving ramen noodles, diced tomatoes, peas, and I think turkey. We called it "Turkey scramble" and it was foul.

Comment

• Has anyone posted this yet? Someone linked it on my facebook feed. Blech....

CRACK ROLLS
        (You can't eat just one.)

1 loaf (16 ounces) thinly sliced white bread, crusts removed
        1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
        3/4 cup confectioners sugar
        1 cup sugar
        1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
        3/4 cup butter, melted

Flatten bread with a rolling-pin. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up, jelly roll style. Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
        Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 16 roll-ups. Good warm or cold. ADDICTING!

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Comment

• That doesn't even sound good.

Comment

• CRACK ROLLS
            (You can't eat just one.)

1 loaf (16 ounces) thinly sliced white bread, crusts removed
            1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
            3/4 cup confectioners sugar
            1 cup sugar
            1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
            3/4 cup butter, melted

Flatten bread with a rolling-pin. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up, jelly roll style. Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
            Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Yield: 16 roll-ups. Good warm or cold. ADDICTING!
            Those need a good dollop of Cool Whip.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• The queue for Cronuts...

Ridiculous Cronut Line - Business Insider

Comment

• Originally posted by cypselos View Post
                I wouldn't stand in a line like that for free grass fed beef. But I admit, I might like to try a Cronut. They sound horribly delicious.
                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• My partner was in the library and overheard a workman talking to the librarian. He wanted chocolate and all she had in the library drawer was Werthers Originals. Apparently he said that you can take a whole packet, put them in vodka, microwave the combination and it makes a really sweet and delicious drink.

Comment

• Dude, I would try that. It'd probably be too sweet, but I would try it.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Someone posted a recipe for biscuits made with 7-Up (seriously... 7-Up) on Facebook. I was puzzled. I asked my 84 yr old grandma about it, and she said, "Oh, that kind of thing was a fad in the 60's."

Comment

• Originally posted by Narcolepticjenn View Post
                        Someone posted a recipe for biscuits made with 7-Up (seriously... 7-Up) on Facebook. I was puzzled. I asked my 84 yr old grandma about it, and she said, "Oh, that kind of thing was a fad in the 60's."
                        Oh heck yeah! My grandma had entire cookbooks devoted to "Cooking With 7-Up!" or "Cooking with Dr. Pepper!".

Comment

• Originally posted by fifer View Post
                          My partner was in the library and overheard a workman talking to the librarian. He wanted chocolate and all she had in the library drawer was Werthers Originals. Apparently he said that you can take a whole packet, put them in vodka, microwave the combination and it makes a really sweet and delicious drink.
                          You can do the same thing with Jolly Ranchers. Add them to a bottle of vodka and run it through your dishwasher(with a load full of dishes so you aren't wasting water). (insert favorite candy) flavored vodka!

Ok. You're right it's not primal nor do I recommend it.

Comment

• I keep a pint of fine whiskey and add a bunch of peppermint candies which melts (thanks, favorite mother in law). Take a spoon or two for coughs. It works!

Comment

• A **non**-paleo friend of mine just sent this to me and was like WHAT THE HELL??? THIS IS NOT FOOD!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                                A **non**-paleo friend of mine just sent this to me and was like WHAT THE HELL??? THIS IS NOT FOOD!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
                                How do you know when primal/paleo has kicked in? When you look at that photo and feel nauseous. Gah.
                                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Working...
                                X