No announcement yet.

Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In college, I took a course entitled "Interpersonal Communication." We learned about effective ways of interacting with others and building relationships, stuff like interview skills, problem solving, etc. A portion of the class involved putting our knowledge to use, and part of that involved a weekly "bring food to class" activity, where one or two students would bring some dish they loved. There were some interesting things brought in, some things quite impressive (some guy made a huge rice casserole dish with eggs and sausage) but one thing particularly stuck out to me:

Someone brought in, literally, several Ziplock bags full of something they deemed "Chex Crack." It was basically Chex cereal, rolled around in some peanut butter (guessing they microwaved it to get it all liquidy) and then coated in powdered sugar. Corn+Peanuts+Sugar, ingredients not terribly scary on their own, but when first processed into cereal/paste/powder, then combined... WTF. It was seriously like crack though, that shit was devoured by people within 2 minutes.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Yesterday I came across "Dorito Cheddar Chicken".

But it doesn't use Doritos at all, just a combination of a packet of dry macaroni and cheese mix and a packet of taco seasoning! Because using real Doritos is UNHEALTHY, silly!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post

Someone brought in, literally, several Ziplock bags full of something they deemed "Chex Crack." It was basically Chex cereal, rolled around in some peanut butter (guessing they microwaved it to get it all liquidy) and then coated in powdered sugar. Corn+Peanuts+Sugar, ingredients not terribly scary on their own, but when first processed into cereal/paste/powder, then combined... WTF. It was seriously like crack though, that shit was devoured by people within 2 minutes.
        Sounds like what I always heard referred to as "Puppy Chow" (because that's what it looks like) except Puppy Chow is peanut butter and chocolate flavor rolled in the confectioners sugar.

I hate peanut butter so I was never tempted by this stuff. Bleh!
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I dont know if anyone has posted this because there are a lot of posts but I saw a recipe for "edamole" the other day. Its edamame ground and spiced to replace guacamole. And here I thought avocados were considered a "good" fat by CW.
          "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

• Originally posted by eig View Post
            I dont know if anyone has posted this because there are a lot of posts but I saw a recipe for "edamole" the other day. Its edamame ground and spiced to replace guacamole. And here I thought avocados were considered a "good" fat by CW.
            Avocados may be a "good" fat, but soybeans have magical properties.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              They sure do!

What Should We Call Paleo Life | TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHAT TOO MUCH SOY DOES TO MEN
              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• HAHA! That is too funny!
                "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                  Also avocados are still fat and therefore will kill you.

Comment

• I've never watched Honey Boo Boo or the kid beauty queen shows, but they make for GREAT gifs. Honey Boo Boo has certainly captured my heart.

Today when looking at things about her, I encountered this recipe for "sketty(i?)" her favorite meal!

8 oz ketchup
                    8 oz margarine
                    1 lb cooked pasta

Microwave ketchup and margarine together, mix. Pour over cooked pasta.

The end. :*(
                    yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
                      Today when looking at things about her, I encountered this recipe for "sketty(i?)" her favorite meal!

8 oz ketchup
                      8 oz margarine
                      1 lb cooked pasta

Microwave ketchup and margarine together, mix. Pour over cooked pasta.

The end. :*(
                      That makes me want to punch her parents right in their collective stupid faces.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        That makes me want to punch her parents right in their collective stupid faces.
                        Oh, they love eating that too...

*barf*
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• What about the roadkill they eat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khainag View Post
                            What about the roadkill they eat?
                            Eating a roadkill deer isn't really a big deal (if it's fresh!)... Lots of people do it. I've done it on a couple that I hit myself because they basically hit the car I was driving. And a few others because the people who hit them called to let us know.
                            It's a very common practice in some rural places.

Things to be careful of... if the guts are ruptured and the fecal matter is driven into the bruised portion of the carcass you DO NOT use any bruised meat. That is waste. You only cut away any undamaged quarters or meat portions. On some deer this will mean there is a large portion of the carcass usable because only a front shoulder is bruised badly/broken, no gut damage, and a broken neck or something. On other road kills there will be maybe just a single haunch worth taking.
                            Most are actually in pretty good shape.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Thanks for the info! Yeah, I am from Wyoming, and though I've heard of people getting the skins off of roadkill, I never heard of so many people eating it until tonight.

Comment

• I believe it was Diana Renata who once referred to it here on this board as "bumper hunting".

Comment

Working...
                                X