No announcement yet.

Tragic CW and SAD Recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I wanna know is... what is Cool Whip? I have seen it in a lot of American recipes, and just don't know what it is... I'm guessing it's some sort of fake whipped cream monstrosity??? (Which makes me wonder why people don't just USE whipped cream).

Comment

• Coolwhip is a whipped topping. It replicates whip cream, but without the fat. They have fat free and sugar free versions.

This is the "healthy version"
      WATER, CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL* (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LESS THAN TWO PERCENT OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, POLYSORBATE 65, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK. *ADDS A NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNT OF FAT.

Thisisthe fullfat one:
      WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, LIGHT CREAM, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.

Oddly, Livestrong has 2 Tbl of cool whip at 45 calories, and 2 Tbl of real whip cream at 35 calories.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• I used to use cool whip as a shaving cream(remarkably similar in texture) and it burned my face, so you can only imagine what it does inside
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• I shake my head at most people's Pinterest recipe boards....

Here's what the recipe boards of most people I know on Pinterest look like:

Pinterest_NotMy1.jpg
          Pinterest_NotMy2.jpg

Here's mine:

Pinterest_My.jpg
          Last edited by abbyful; 04-14-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
            Coolwhip is a whipped topping. It replicates whip cream, but without the fat. They have fat free and sugar free versions.

This is the "healthy version"
            WATER, CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL* (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LESS THAN TWO PERCENT OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, POLYSORBATE 65, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK. *ADDS A NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNT OF FAT.

Thisisthe fullfat one:
            WATER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SKIM MILK, LIGHT CREAM, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK.

Oddly, Livestrong has 2 Tbl of cool whip at 45 calories, and 2 Tbl of real whip cream at 35 calories.
            Oh my...and that is considered a "food"?? And worse yet... HEALTHIER than whipped cream? *cry*

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Fireling View Post
              Oh my...and that is considered a "food"?? And worse yet... HEALTHIER than whipped cream? *cry*
              And even worse, a lot of people out there can't tell the difference between this and real whipped cream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
                Oh no. It wouldn't be the same without Cool Whip.
                Say 'Cool Whip'.

Last edited by magicmerl; 04-14-2013, 05:16 PM.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Thank you Merl!
                  Sandra
                  *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

• shit balls! Not 5 minutes after watching that video and hubby walks into the room talking to the cat. I said, "if that cat could talk he would sound like Stewie" and hubby replies "Cool WHIP"
                    Sandra
                    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                      And even worse, a lot of people out there can't tell the difference between this and real whipped cream.
                      I am truly amazed that people can't taste the difference. Cool whip leaves an oil slick in my mouth. Yuk.

Comment

• I used to work for a company where the cafeteria catered little parties throughout the plant. They always served this cake with a clearly artificial frosting, or so I thought. I would cut the frosting off the cake and eat the plain cake. Then one of the upscale women told me how she loved the frosting because they put whipped cream in it. No, they don't.

Comment

• As if Krispy Kreme donuts were not a dietary monstrosity in itself, then to mix it with condensed milk and canned fruit? Egads, that makes my teeth cringe!

Plus, you know the person who had to pick up the 2 dozen donuts to make the recipe actually picked up 3 dozen, and ate the additional dozen on the way home in the car/while prepping this 'recipe'

Comment

• I think the worst thing about that "bread pudding" is that bread puddings don't have to be terrible. I know as primal/paleos we don't eat bread, but I used to play around with both savory and sweet bread puddings, and it is possible to use decent bread, eggs and cream for the custard, etc.

IOW, they've managed to take a perfectly decent peasant food and turn it into pure Krispy Kreme Krap.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• i love this thread!!!

when i was like 7 yrs old (back in the 70's) my friend's mom would let us "cook" as long as we cleaned it up.

we made box cakes with a ton of food coloring in it (b/c it's neat to watch a blue cake "green" instead of brown in the oven), then we would frost it with crisco mixed with sugar and food coloring. WHEEEEEE!!

sometimes we would make frozen "margaritas" - koolaid + ice + sprite in the blender to make the frozen stuff, rim the glass with more dry koolaid, pour & serve! i remember pigging out on those mini sugared cake donuts with that.

we also were good at fried cheese sandwiches, sometimes with baloney. Probably always with margarine b/c honestly i didn't know that butter and margarine were different. But i did like that commercial about not fooling mother nature.

when i was a kid i would eat that betty crocker prepared frosting right out of the can. BLECH!!!! I remember once actually eating a slice of margarine right out of the fridge. Lord.

oh but i realize now that none of those were really recipes. Sorry! someone post some more atrocities, please!

awhile back someone posted a video of some really fat young lady making macaroni salad that had like 2 cups of sugar in it - that would fit right in here!
                              Last edited by Catherine; 04-15-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• One of my coworkers made that Krispy Kreme bread pudding and brought it to work.

I usually like bread pudding, so I got some, not knowing what was in it yet. I dumped it in the trash when I got back to my desk, it was horrible!

Yet the office was buzzing with "Did you try that bread pudding? I need the recipe! She said it had Krispy Kreme donuts, how clever!"

Comment

Working...
                                X