No announcement yet.

Complete 15 month transformation From fat to FIT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you went from being a boy to being a man! Congratulations, and great work. I'm so glad you found in your son that motivation to change. And a hello from one of the under-30's on here! I think there are a few of us lurking about

Comment

Im sure your Killing it at the gym.. looks like your lifting super heavy so the added muscles are eating away at that fat.. good job.

Comment

Here are some updates. 10 weeks out from NPC comp. weight 171.5lbs

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1378212777.084776.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1378212789.674883.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1378212799.723742.jpg

Www.facebook.com/domination.inspiration
        Being consistent, gets results...

Comment

Great job! I just found this one. The transformation is awesome.

Comment

Holy crap. Good job man!
            ------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

Looking good, man! If you don't mind sharing some details on your contest prep I would be interested in what you do.

I'm right about the same weight as you, but you've got waaay more upper body muscle than me, although I think we're probably roughly at the same bodyfat percentage. Funny how different bodies just look different. How tall are you?

Comment

5'8

Comment

Honestly I don't really have any contest prep besides doing a carb depletion 7 days before contest. Which if done right it will draw all water underneath skin and bring it into muscles giving the sharp dry cut look.

Comment

Originally posted by ksrcrider View Post
                      5'8
                      Ah, ok. That explains some of it. I'm 5'11", so I would need to add a few pounds of muscle to get similarly jacked. I have been working on that, but it is hard work!

Originally posted by ksrcrider View Post
                      Honestly I don't really have any contest prep besides doing a carb depletion 7 days before contest. Which if done right it will draw all water underneath skin and bring it into muscles giving the sharp dry cut look.
                      Awesome. So will you do a carb re-load right before the show? I read this article on Lyle McDonald's site that a "dry" carb load makes your muscles looks more full without causing water retention under the skin:

Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
                      (paragraph 6 of the main part of the post)

Comment

A lot of people screw up before the show And starve themselves and not drink water which is retarded!!

Comment

You are looking great, of course!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                            You are looking great, of course!
                            Thank you

Comment

Hey man,

great progress so far!

I hope you don't mind answering and if it's not right place to ask, sorry in advance

For calorie distribution is it safe to go for something like this:

1) On slow movement days keep carbs 50 - 150g and prioritize fat
                              2) On Lift Heavy Things and Sprint days focus on carbs and keep fat as low as possible
                              3) Have some moderate split like 33c/33p/33f on some days

Kind of struggling with this as low carb worked only for couple months for me.

Thanks

Comment

You trying to lose weight? If your going to lift heavy I would go heavy on the carbs seeing its for energy and high on protein for recovery. I always do a 40%p 35%c and 25%f ratio on whatever calorie intake I'm at.

Comment

Working...
                                X