Halfway there ... 50 pounds lost in 4 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfway there ... 50 pounds lost in 4 months

Well, I'm not brave enough to post any pictures since I am still have 50 more pounds to go ... but I did want to celebrate a total 50 pound loss since switching to Primal in mid-October, 2012. I'm a 5'4 female, 38, started at 230 pounds and am at 180 today My goal is to lose a hundred pounds total, to a goal weight of 130. Really I'm just plucking that number out of the mid-point of normal range for my height, we shall see when I get closer. Right now I am getting close to moving from "obese" to just "overweight" on the BMI table lol. I feel SO much better health-wise since starting primal! I don't post much but love reading here at MDA, and my thanks to all of the folks that have served as such great inspiration.

Outstanding! And very encouraging.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

Wowie! Good for you! I'd love to hear more about what you eat and what if any exercising you're doing. Keep up the great work!
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

congrats on the 50 mark.
        take that picture for a "before"
        so you can blow us away on the next 50.

Comment

Congratulations. 50lbs is an impressive weight loss.

Keep at it and always stay positive.

Comment

Well done, that's fantastic. Thanks for sharing, it's an inspiration.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Congrats! That's awesome!

Comment

That is so great! I also have about 100 pounds to lose and am in my mid-30s. Just recently I showed my spouse a picture of a really buff and well toned woman and said "that's what I want to be!" Spouse's response? "That's not going to happen. You have too much to lose and you're too old, you'll have tons of excess skin." How supportive.

Now that you are halfway are you finding that loose skin is an issue? Are you finding that with this way of eating and moving you are still having that issue? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I really hate it when people tell me I can't do things and I'd love to prove them all wrong!

Comment

That is a fantastic accomplishment and you should be very proud. I've lost 50 lbs also, but it's taken me a lot longer. Way to go!
                  High Weight: 225
                  Weight at start of Primal: 189
                  Current Weight: 174
                  Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

wow great job! keep up the good work

Comment

Congrats! Would love to hear what your plan is that is working so well. I am a similar starting weight and height. Just starting out - little more than a month.

Comment

Wow! Fantastic. You inspire me!

Comment

Huge congrats. Keep up the great, inspiring work!

Comment

Originally posted by bellajgw View Post
                            That is so great! I also have about 100 pounds to lose and am in my mid-30s. Just recently I showed my spouse a picture of a really buff and well toned woman and said "that's what I want to be!" Spouse's response? "That's not going to happen. You have too much to lose and you're too old, you'll have tons of excess skin." How supportive.

Now that you are halfway are you finding that loose skin is an issue? Are you finding that with this way of eating and moving you are still having that issue? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I really hate it when people tell me I can't do things and I'd love to prove them all wrong!
                            Big HUGS to you. You're still young and you are gonna look better than that picture!

cartere: that is awesome!!! You sound very similar to me. I hope to post at least what you just did. Keep it up!

Comment

Great job! You must feel fantastic.
                              My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

Comment

Working...
                              X