No announcement yet.

Grocery store revalation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny, I continue to be the 'weirdo' at the supermarket, since I get all of our vegetables at the farmers market and a vegetable store, so our supermarket shopping is completely devoid of the pathetic range of fruit and veges they have on offer, instead it's replete with dairy fats (about 3L/kg or cream and butter each), plus various fringe meats, like whole salmon, squid, chicken livers, pigs head, ox kidney, mutton flaps etc etc that are mostly kept in the pet food section.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• I know there is abuse, but...
      People with foster children sometimes(depending on state and circumstance) get food stamps.
      People who have had good jobs in the past can run into hard times. Selling a fancy purse only generates so much cash, and there is no requirement that people in need sell every nice thing they have before they ask for help. You need a phonme to funtion in our society nowadays, and if you are locked into a contract, downgrading may just not be feasible.
      No, I am not on food stamps. But I have used them, and I bless the system that provided them. There's enough embarrassment in using them, without people judging you.

Comment

• I am always amazed at the people who believe those on food stamps are taking advantage of taxpayers (as in "my money") while believing those same people have never ever paid any taxes that went into that same food stamp program. Myopic.

Comment

• I am a single mom and years back lost my job. I went on foodstamps for 2 months in order to feed my kids. I was thankful for such a program. What did bother me - the amount I was given to spend a month was about twice what I had spent on food while I worked. We ate way better while I was jobless than when I was employed.

Comment

• Saw a woman trying to eat a Klondike bar while backing out of her parking space at the supermarket yesterday. Those things are difficult enough to eat when you aren't trying to do something else.

Comment

• Some people would risk their lives to eat a Klondike bar. What would you do for a Klondike bar?
              Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
              Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
              Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
              F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Damn. Now I want some ice cream. Got to admit, Klondike Bars are good, but not as good as Drumsticks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                  Damn. Now I want some ice cream. Got to admit, Klondike Bars are good, but not as good as Drumsticks.
                  Personally I am rather fond of Chocotacos. The ice cream, not the poster, though he is okay too of course.

Comment

• I like the Magnum bars.

Comment

• I have homemade ice cream in the freezer...

Comment

• Anyone tried goat's milk ice cream? To die for (I would totally eat that while driving---kidding).
                        Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                        Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                        Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                        F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Chocotacos
                          Yeah, I have had a few Chocotacos. They sell them at the burrito place across from work. We should ask Chocotaco to make a paleo chocotaco. Doesn't he make all sorts of ice cream?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Talenti gelato is really good. My all time favorite is still Ben and Jerry's pistachio though.

Comment

• My favorite ice cream is sour cherry gelato. *sighs* Although drumsticks are a pretty good runner up.
                              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                                Talenti gelato is really good. My all time favorite is still Ben and Jerry's pistachio though.
                                Talenti makes the most delicious blood orange sorbet. Not sticky sweet, just really fruity. At my last birthday party I was mixing that with red wine. Kind of like the sangria version of a root beer float.

Comment

Working...
                                X