No announcement yet.

Grocery store revalation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inflamed faces, severe acne, rosacea, dry skin, "skinny-fat" limbs, 20-somethings wrapped up when it's only 8C outside, brittle nails, people who are always "hungry"...
    And Im so happy that this description is not of me any more. It was.

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    My supermarket shopping generally involves only toilet paper, tuna and olive oil.
    People prob think I am starving my family LOL
    No, not starving, obviously you need the toilet paper for something.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
      I've been grocery cart watching for 20 years. The public will never catch on; at this pt they are too misinformed to understand anything regarding nutrition.
      But we ourselves are the general public, are we not? and somehow we managed to catch on. So I have to have hope for my fellow shoppers, however ill informed they appear to be at present.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by friesiangrl View Post
        Every now and then it just strikes me......usually while gathering the weeks eats at the grocery store.....how horribly misaligned the general public is with true healthy eating. (I was one of them just under a year ago.)

Yesterday, I'm checking out at the supermarket, loading up the conveyor with my whole chicken, block romano cheese, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, avacados, blueberries, mac nuts, full fat cream, uncured bacon etc and I notice the woman behind me begin to unload her cart.

...Weight Watchers deserts, "100 calorie packs" of cookies and crackers and boxes of cereal, bread, baked potato chips, cardboard boxed everything.....

It's sad, really. She was definitely in excess and not in shape, inside or out. Aware but unaware.

Shopping for food has become a surreal experience, like I'm floating in a sea of gluten zombies addicted to cheap easy eating.

A revalation every single time. I'm so thankful I was compelled to research the Primal Blueprint. A life changing event. I'm fit and free and unencumbered. Empowered.

You just described my mothers eating; Freezer full of weight watchers this and that, low fat, low calorie... She's jumped around from weight watchers, to vegan, to weight watchers again, the diets just aren't sustainable for long periods of time. I want to tell her how it really is but I'm afraid she'll see it as a personal attack.

Comment

You just described my mothers eating; Freezer full of weight watchers this and that, low fat, low calorie... She's jumped around from weight watchers, to vegan, to weight watchers again, the diets just aren't sustainable for long periods of time. I want to tell her how it really is but I'm afraid she'll see it as a personal attack.
          Maybe you could suggest she try Weight Watchers and Primal at the same time? That's what my mom does and it works for her. My mom is very close to her goal weight, so she'd actually completely cut out wheat products before I went primal because they cost a lot of points.
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

The buying public is seriously influenced by the media without a doubt.

It is so much easier and faster to grocery shop than it ever was before. I do need to bite my tongue, though, when the person in front of me is buying six cases of soda.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have fallen into the habit of labeling carts in my head as death carts and life carts. Then I quickly check to see who is committing suicide and who is choosing life. Morbid I know.

Comment

Unfortunately green energy is not so green.

Comment

I am a trolley watcher. I noticed today all the people loading up their soul less baked goods, sugar free drinks and breakfast cereals onto the belt. I had pork belly and veggies to buy and felt really excited about my dinner. The people with the wheat related items and fake food looked so depressed I'm sure there is a connection to that. I think food has become a battle for CW people. They all look so dejected because in CW you can't have anything nice. (Obvious) sugar is banned and fat is banned.

Comment

I have found it increasingly depressing to go to the regular grocery store. I tend to notice the correlation between food choices and the person's appearance of health more and more. I also feel that a lot of people are not very happy at the grocery store; I can feel the negative energy and it's not hard to see it on their faces! I think it's because so many people have such a tormented relationship with food. I was talking to a guy at the farmer's market recently who is a photographer and mentioned how I don't enjoy going to our regional chain grocery store anymore. He had a contract with that grocer and spent a lot of time in stores and the corporate office and said it really turned him off and he doesn't like to go there anymore. The profits made at the expense of health just seem so wrong. Of course, there is individual choice and free will, but so many people are led astray by food companies and the media. When you can advertise a hot pocket as nutritious, something is very, very wrong!
                    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

I think you guys are reading too much into the "depressed faces" at the grocery store. I don't think I look too happy when I'm at the local Publix/Kroger either. It's usually late in the day after work and there are too many people crowding my space.

I do enjoy grocery shopping slightly more than before primal though. Mainly because I only shop around the edges of the store.
                      Last edited by GioMetry; 03-20-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

We have 3 grocery stores in our town: Safeway, a locally owned heath food store (where I do most of my shopping) and another chain grocery store that seems to cater to lower income folks. I go to the lower end grocery store for paper goods and they have the best price on coconut milk in non-BPA cans; while shopping there I really notice how unhealthy every one looks. Sometimes I try and count how many "healthy" looking people I see. Most of the time I see none, then I try and count the not overweight people and I'll find a few, sadly most in that category look like they are suffering from sort of addiction: drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I think it makes me sad to look at some of the carts, more than anything.
                          I have struggled with my weight as long as I can remember (maybe age 13/14). I never tried any fad diets, but often followed the CW advice. Low fat, healthy grains, etc.

Now that primal is working for me; I'm sad/pissed/annoyed that I never knew this earlier.

I figure a lot of the "SAD cart pushers" just haven't figured out the secret yet, but they are probably trying.

Comment

Originally posted by GioMetry View Post
                            Now that primal is working for me; I'm sad/pissed/annoyed that I never knew this earlier.

I figure a lot of the "SAD cart pushers" just haven't figured out the secret yet, but they are probably trying.
                            Exactly how I feel. This knowledge is simply obvious once you know it, but really hard to find, even if you are looking.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by TornadoGirl View Post
                              When you can advertise a hot pocket as nutritious, something is very, very wrong!
                              But they are now made with real cheese!! And even better, there's the Lean Pockets variety!! ~eyeroll~

Comment

The woman in front of me tonight had mostly real food. The guy behind me had 6 giant loaves of foil-wrapped garlic bread.

Comment

Working...
                                X