No announcement yet.

Paging Doctor Griff... and maybe a Molecular Grokologist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need to read up on that, because I def. want to get off meds at some point.

I take Synthroid, but also Cytomel, which is T3. However if they're recommending the porcines, that includes both. Be aware that there's some issues right now with availability. And also might want to research the types of porcines. Armour, the most famous, underwent a formula change last year which for many people resulted in recurrence of symptoms.

If you (or your wife) is interested in learning more about all that, and get some hands on info regarding thyroid issues in general, I do highly recommend SparkPeople. It's a diet site (i dont use much of their CW info anymore except for the calorie counter), but there's a thyroid group on there that is awesome. The amount of info those ladies have on lab tests, meds, other issues (like taking your meds within a few hours of dairy of any kind will make the meds less effective because the calcium interferes), stuff like that. you can ask questions and you'll get tons of good info.

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

For the VAP test, try www.privatemdlabs.com.

I am in Alabama and it cost abount $100.

Comment

Thanks, Minxxa and Augirl47! I may get a metabolic panel too at prices like that!

Comment

Just wanted to get this one on my list. I'll be obsessively checking my mailbox for results until they arrive.

Comment

Working...
          X