PMS gone??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMS gone??

Is it just coincidence that my PMS symptoms are totally gone? I am almost finished TPB and have not read anything about this being a result. Depression, anxiety, bloating and heart palpitations have always been symtoms I experience. They are GONE...I hope forever. TPB has changed my life and I LOVE Mark S!

I am 57. I have had hot flashes for five years. Since being very Paleo all summer, I have no hot flashes. I feel incredible. It is very likely that your hormones are evening out the way they should be. I am thrilled
    Start weight 182
    weight now 162
    goal weight 132

Comment

Yes, my symptoms were not diabolical before, but they have definitely reduced. So much so that my period actually took me by surprise this time, I didn't feel pre-menstrual at all.

My cravings have moderated - now my sugar binge might be nothing worse than a banana and a handful of dates.

Oh yeah, also, I discovered primal round about the time when I had just figured that my insomnia and night sweats were probably symptoms of menopause. Now they don't happen. Coincidence?
      Last edited by Annieh; 09-20-2012, 01:55 AM.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by Suedonn View Post
        Is it just coincidence that my PMS symptoms are totally gone? I am almost finished TPB and have not read anything about this being a result. Depression, anxiety, bloating and heart palpitations have always been symtoms I experience. They are GONE...I hope forever. TPB has changed my life and I LOVE Mark S!
        Shouldn't your significant other be the one writing the success story

Comment

Originally posted by docpearce View Post
          lol doc
          Start weight 182
          weight now 162
          goal weight 132

Comment

This sure beats taking hormones. Last year my doctor had me convinced I needed to be on testosterone and progesterone . He stated that I most likely would not be able to lose weight until I took them. My blood tests showed them to be low. I was estrogen dominant. He had natural creams made that rubbed into my skin. The progesterone screwed me up so bad. I could not wake up until noon and then was lethargic. It was an unnatural exhaustion. He cut the dose in half and then in fourths. I finally ditched it. The testosterone cream was rubbed on in the morning. I felt immediate nausea. I only bought two prescriptions of each. I tried...my body sure told me what it thought about all that.
            Start weight 182
            weight now 162
            goal weight 132

Comment

Originally posted by Suedonn View Post
              YEP!

At 47, my periods are all over the place. In the 3 months Primal I've had far fewer perimenopausal symptoms like you describe (no hot flashes yet), plus I got my period without my typical psychotic mood the 3 days prior. I sure hope it continues!
              sigpic
              Age 48
              Start date: 7-5-12
              5'3"
              121lbs
              GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
              Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                This sure beats taking hormones. Last year my doctor had me convinced I needed to be on testosterone and progesterone . He stated that I most likely would not be able to lose weight until I took them. My blood tests showed them to be low. I was estrogen dominant. He had natural creams made that rubbed into my skin. The progesterone screwed me up so bad. I could not wake up until noon and then was lethargic. It was an unnatural exhaustion. He cut the dose in half and then in fourths. I finally ditched it. The testosterone cream was rubbed on in the morning. I felt immediate nausea. I only bought two prescriptions of each. I tried...my body sure told me what it thought about all that.
                I tried a bioidentical progesterone cream after tests a few years back showed I had normal levels of progesterone but was estrogen dominant. The progesterone cream was HORRIBLE! Even at half of the prescribed dose I felt like my body was in shock or my BP had tanked (it is already low). I do not think I will go that route again. I have it all journaled to remind myself of how horrible it was...
                sigpic
                Age 48
                5'3"
                121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Been Primal for 2 weeks, oddly enough my TOM and peri-menopause has helped me to decide to go Grok...I am looking forward (?) to see if I can avoid being evil and having hot flashes when I cycle again.

Comment

I have my first full blown period in maybe a year? The first month primal I had a very light period. Second month I had almost a regular one, but lasted 3 days. This morning I have my old favorite back cramps and I actually need to use a tampon! I'm so psyched. Unlike many of my perimenopausal friends, I am not ready to let my cycle go. It is a sign of health and vitality to me so I want to hang on to it. People think I'm crazy.

I had no signs that my period was coming. No painful breasts, no insane mood swings, no typical decompensation either mid cycle or the few days prior to starting. Nice. I did notice I was feeling bloated, but I thought that was due to my increased appetite for non-Primal foods. I guess that need for junk might be my new sign?
                    sigpic
                    Age 48
                    5'3"
                    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

nothing good happening here....:P

Comment

thanks for all your responses. I am so glad others feel the same benefits as I have! I have to keep reminding myself of all the positives...other than weight loss

Comment

Originally posted by docpearce View Post
                          Haha...He definitely is happy and so are my kids...I would become a crazy person!

Comment

I hope it will soon for you!!

Comment

I noticed a change in my monthly time also. I was kinda worried at first because other than being a little moody I had no other symptoms. My period is usually a Tue/Wed - Sat. I didn't start until late Wed and only had cramps on Thur. I can't wait to see how next month plays out.
                              "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Comment

Working...
                              X