X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Unconquerable Dave.

Take a good look at that, folks, if you are frustrated by your "loose skin." No, you've still got fat to lose.
    Yes. Loose skin is always just more fat to lose. The proof is right there, in that one picture of that one guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbwifemama View Post
      Time will tell, but I think it might be different for females...

And Rivvin, I now need to clean out my brain. I haven't seen anything so disturbing in about 10 years.
      Yeah I think it's a bit of a different situation depending on how quickly your skin expands. My lower abdomen is 60% scar tissue (stretch marks) from my first (singleton) and second (twin) pregnancy. I absolutely still have fat to lose, but the reality is that the skin there is very very damaged . There is a noticeable difference in how my skin is responding in that area vs. say, my upper arms or my thighs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solved With An Axe View Post
        Yes. Loose skin is always just more fat to lose. The proof is right there, in that one picture of that one guy.
        " I'm sorry, are you being sarcastic? It's hard for me to tell. I'm Canadian and we don't have a big Jewish population."

Comment

• Oh, fine. Here.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Really? Cool! I'd LOVE to not have to worry about saggy boobs and belly and stretch marks! This is actually good news!

Except... boobs by their very nature are mostly fat, so maybe I'll be toned everywhere except have saggy boobs too? Hrm.
            Last edited by Herbwifemama; 02-04-2011, 12:29 PM.

Robin's Roost
            My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
              It's not loose skin.
              Open your miiiiiiind!

That reminds me, I need to watch Total Recall again.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                Open your miiiiiiind!

That reminds me, I need to watch Total Recall again.
                Two weeks... two weeks...
                Originally posted by runnergal
                You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Comment

• Cetchy ass to maaahs

Comment

What about Sean there? How much fat does he have to lose before his loose skin goes away?

http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Client%20results

Robin's Roost
                    My Primal Journal

Comment

I didn't see anything in your link that relates to carrying full term twins, weighing 7lbs/each. IMO, gaining weight over the long term, and overall, is very different from gaining weight-- or more specifically--in regards to abdominal expansion-- quickly.

I would also hazard to guess that Unconquerable Dave didn't gain all of his weight in 9 months or less. I also think one must consider what role his, naturally occurring, testosterone levels have on his body composition,

And finally, given what I know about my loose skin, I can only wonder what wrinkles might be found below Dave's waistband.

Comment

• My strong suspicion is that Intermittant fasting can help up absorb loose skin.
                        Sure it will never shrink back, but skin is a living tissue, not just an empty bag that can never be unstretched.
                        -
                        when we fast, we don;t just use up fat and muscle, we also reabsorb damaged tissue, and that can include part of the skin.

I hope to be able to show you what I mean by this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Crafter View Post
                          My strong suspicion is that Intermittant fasting can help up absorb loose skin.
                          Sure it will never shrink back, but skin is a living tissue, not just an empty bag that can never be unstretched.
                          -
                          when we fast, we don;t just use up fat and muscle, we also reabsorb damaged tissue, and that can include part of the skin.

I hope to be able to show you what I mean by this summer.
                          Can't wait to see it! And I hope to not have much loose skin by the end of this journey either, and even hearing that it's a possibility is very relieving.

Robin's Roost
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                            And finally, given what I know about my loose skin, I can only wonder what wrinkles might be found below Dave's waistband.
                            his jeans in that last photo were slung pretty low...hanging on by not much.
                            Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

• Some things that can help prevent or minimize loose skin from weight loss (but do these in the course of losing, not after the fact -- begin today!) are: dry brushing (helps with cellulite too, as well as is an excellent detoxification), alternating hot and cold water in the shower, coconut oil. Also, skin can take a while, as much as 18 months, to catch up in tightening up after the fact. I do believe, however, that there is a point of no return, if the dermis is damaged, such as losing 250 pounds rapidly (weight loss surgery patients) or having twins.
                              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Ok here's my before and after....now a lot of this wasn't done Primal, but the last few pounds definitely were, and as we all know, those are the hardest to lose lol.

This is me about 5 years ago the night I got engaged at 160lbs and 5'3 height for reference.

[IMG][/IMG]

This is me now on Paleo at 123lbs...and still 5'3 darn it lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

I love Paleo and can't wait to see what else it does for my body! I feel great!

Comment

Working...
                                X