Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The picture on the left is me last summer in Maryland. I had NO IDEA I looked as bad as that. I was depressed, menopausal, hormonally borked, and exhausted.

On the right is me just a few days ago.
    June 2012 to Aug 2013a.jpg

I have been following PB for two months at this point. My hormones are balancing - I'm actually CHILLY at times! (no more hot flashes!). I've lost 28 pounds. I can feel the bones of my shoulders, and my collar bones - I had forgotten what that felt like when I was so bloated and fat.

Still working on the belly, but it's going down. I've lost 1.5 inches off my fat neck! My energy is through the roof.

me denim skirt 8 13 2013a.jpg

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE FOUND THIS.
    Last edited by Casey; 08-20-2013, 01:48 PM. Reason: edited to add gratiuitous (poorly executed) picture...
    I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Comment

• I've been primal for 1 year now so thought it was time to share a few pictures of my progress. When things feel like they are moving slowly, it helps to look back at pictures from the last couple years and see how far I really have come.

Top 2 pics are me 2 years ago at my heaviest. I was just shy of 250lbs. Still active and eating what I thought to be healthy. Lots of whole grains, rice, potatoes, lean protein, and basically fat-free and carb-heavy. Constantly hungry. Worked out daily. Frustrated as hell at being so heavy.

That summer I decided enough was enough and started to follow a more low-carb diet. Cut out the rice, grains and sugar, but still a lot of low-carb junk food. Lost about 25lbs, but wasn't very consistent and would go up and down a lot within 10 lbs. Middle pics are me a year ago at about 225lbs and around the time I started following primal.

About then is when I stumbled on MDA while searching low-carb info. Started to adopt more of the primal way into my life and way of eating after reading all Mark's info. Since then it has been lots of meat, eggs, veggies, fat, and no calorie counting. 5-6 months ago I added in heavy lifting and sprinting and cut back on the cardio type workouts. I am still a work in progress, but happier and feel better than I have in years. Bottom pics are the Primal version of me at 195 lbs.

aug13_zps73e21e91.jpg
      Last edited by Stacy15; 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM. Reason: adjust picture size

Comment

• Stacy15, you look amazing and strong. The weight training has done you really well.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Good job Casey and Stacy. Keep it up.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My Beginning: 7/23/13, 5'5" 221lbs * Current Weight: 10/31/13, 202lbs * Goal 165lbs

Comment

• Awesome work everyone :-) this is probably my favourite thread, always so inspirational

Comment

• Casey & Stacy, what amazing results!!
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Casey, did you lose most of your weight since going primal, or gradually over the year between photos? You look so much healthier, congratulations!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• A year ago today I started Starting Strength, so I hope I'm allowed to post the pictures here..

Don't mind the extremely tightened face
                  well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                    A year ago today I started Starting Strength, so I hope I'm allowed to post the pictures here..

Don't mind the extremely tightened face
                    Good work buddy, you have a great frame to build on.

Comment

• Thanks just started a new program
                      well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
                        On vacation in 2010:

So, it's been quite a while since I posted in here, and I took some progress pics today that I wanted to share with you guys!
                        It's amazing what eating right and lifting heavy can do for you
                        The only thing is that I still have too much around the midsection (you can kinda see it spilling out over the edge of the shorts, although it's more prominent than it seems in these pics.
                        Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Attached Files

Comment

• Gadsie, looking great and very strong. Chicks must dig you. Obviously you got the diet and exercise right!

Ghashul.... umm, well, wow, nice back and arms. You went from looking like some pasty dude that can handle 12 ounce curls to looking like a guy I'd watch do pull ups at the gym to entertain myself. Well done.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Two recent ones of me taking a break from my diet !

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                              Two recent ones of me taking a break from my diet !
                              Good work dude. Looks like you earned the break. And is that Chuck "The Ice Man" Liddell you're with in the first pic? That's pretty cool.

@Gadsie: Strong work. Your arms are much bigger and you just look stronger period.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                                Two recent ones of me taking a break from my diet !

looking good. cool pics with chuck and clay. how did you get to meet them?

Comment

Working...
                                X