This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tcb View Post
    I usually don't post pictures on the internet, but I allowed myself to be inspired by PrimalClay's year after year Christmas party pictures... So against my better judgement...

Our anniversary January, 2011...

ann13q.jpg

At the same cooking school "date night" anniversary date as in the 2011 pic, taken last night.

So, two years into this. I'm about 15 lbs heavier this year than the year before. Most of that in my legs and ass if I had to guess. I spent the year gradually turning my garage into a gym and transitioning from Primal Blueprint Fitness body weight stuff to lifting weights. I didn't get as lean as I'd hoped, but it's safe to say that at the age of 36, I'm in the best shape of my life... I was 310~ in the first pic, 215 in the second, 230~ now.

My wife is a trooper, she's done an amazing job.
    Last edited by tcb; 01-13-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Hanging out to see

Comment

• Originally posted by tcb View Post
        2013 update coming, just cannot figure out how to insert a damn picture from my iPad.. :/
        tcb, you both look great. You guys lost a few years between the two of you as well. Great job to both of you!
        My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

• Ah pre-menses bloat and feeling pretty down, look on here and feel motivated again!

All look fab!

Got piccy from Boxing day, where I ran into the north sea for charrrity, twice (i really loved it) After this sea dip I went for a 3 mile hike up the hills. Its a mini success story in itself because I have hardly done any exercise at all this year (hypothyroid) Apparently, going from UK size 12/14 to a uk18/20 in a few months and existing like a sloth is "normal" ...Ordered some natural thyroid (and some decent hiking boots) and gunna get on with it : )

So heres my piccy of my starting state...if it works...
          Boxing Day Dip.jpg

Also, on this day of pic, I gave up smoking cold turkey. Sea air so good, dip so invigorating that smoking was pahhhhhhh. Quit, jus like that

Comment

• Ah pre-menses bloat and feeling pretty down, look on here and feel motivated again!

All look fab!

Got piccy from Boxing day 2012, where I ran into the north sea for charrrity, twice (i really loved it) After this sea dip I went for a 3 mile hike up the hills. Its a mini success story in itself because I have hardly done any exercise at all this year (hypothyroid) Apparently, going from UK size 12/14 to a uk18/20 in a few months and existing like a sloth is "normal" ...Ordered some natural thyroid (and some decent hiking boots) and gunna get on with it : )

So heres my piccy of my starting state as of now...
            Boxing Day Dip.jpg

from this a year beforehand in 2011 *sigh* 228993_113432528758098_100002740536253_65632_8139251_n.jpg (not at ideal weight but not far off, jus wanted chest to shrink) YES DR THIS IS NORMAL to bloat up like a pig in such a short space of time.

I will get back to a more natural weight for me, and deffo want to get fitter

Also, on this day of recent pic, I gave up smoking cold turkey. Sea air so good, dip so invigorating that smoking was pahhhhhhh. Quit, jus like that
            Last edited by SoulFull; 01-14-2013, 02:12 PM. Reason: clarification, pic edits

Comment

• tcb you and your wife look awesome. You look years younger and way healthier. Congratulations.

Comment

• tcb, your wife looks like a completely different person! And you look thinner at 230 than you did at 215. You guys look amazing!

Cooking school date night sounds like fun too.
                50yo, 5'3"
                SW-195
                CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulFull View Post
                  Ah pre-menses bloat and feeling pretty down, look on here and feel motivated again!

All look fab!

Got piccy from Boxing day 2012, where I ran into the north sea for charrrity, twice (i really loved it) After this sea dip I went for a 3 mile hike up the hills. Its a mini success story in itself because I have hardly done any exercise at all this year (hypothyroid) Apparently, going from UK size 12/14 to a uk18/20 in a few months and existing like a sloth is "normal" ...Ordered some natural thyroid (and some decent hiking boots) and gunna get on with it : )

So heres my piccy of my starting state as of now...
                  [ATTACH]10450[/ATTACH]

from this a year beforehand in 2011 *sigh* [ATTACH]10449[/ATTACH] (not at ideal weight but not far off, jus wanted chest to shrink) YES DR THIS IS NORMAL to bloat up like a pig in such a short space of time.

I will get back to a more natural weight for me, and deffo want to get fitter

Also, on this day of recent pic, I gave up smoking cold turkey. Sea air so good, dip so invigorating that smoking was pahhhhhhh. Quit, jus like that
                  hot in both pics, keep up the good work
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• tcb you and your wife look awesome! love seeing this as a couple
                    Cheeky Fit and Fifty

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                      Charley... damn you are HOT!
                      haha..Thanks magnolia. I turn 52 in a couple of weeks, so this made me smile.
                      Cheeky Fit and Fifty

Comment

• Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
                        tcb, your wife looks like a completely different person! And you look thinner at 230 than you did at 215. You guys look amazing!

Cooking school date night sounds like fun too.
                        Thanks. We enjoy doing date night at the cooking school... we just have to be patient and wait for a night that is mostly paleo. I wind up eating at some of the better restaurants in the area quite often with work, so we enjoy the change of pace of going to the cooking school on special occasions.

This time we did, salad with a lemon pepper vinagrette, a porterhouse, mashed potatos, asparagus bisque and a chocolate raspberry tart. I've never been a fruit flavored desert kinda guy, so I ate a Lindt 85% bar when we got back to the house. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charley View Post
                          This is my before
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10394[/ATTACH]

...and after...confiscating my daughter's size 2 jeans.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10395[/ATTACH]

This is my story. I wasn't sure the best way to put it here so I am inserting a link with my story and pictorial journey. I hope it will stir encouragement for those starting on this journey.....and for those entering the second half of a century....your goals are attainable.

My Primal/Paleo Success

Cheeky Fit and Fifty My Success Story | Cheeky Fit and Fifty
                          Holy girl!
                          And you're how old?
                          You look freakin amazing!!!
                          Started eating Primal January 14th,2013
                          CW: 126 lbs/GW 125lbs
                          I am new to Primal/Paleo,loving it so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• TCB - Great job to both of y'all. I say y'all because I know as a fellow Bullodog you will understand. Go DAWGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by edearl View Post
                              TCB - Great job to both of y'all. I say y'all because I know as a fellow Bullodog you will understand. Go DAWGS!
                              Awesome. I just made 36 in November, so we probably had a bit of overlap during our times in Starkvegas.

Comment

• When I read TCB, for whatever reason I thought it was his wife talking. And I thought "no way that girl is 230" lol

Then I realized that he was talking about the guy in the picture, and his wife probably does weigh a lot less. Both look great.

Comment

Working...
                                X