Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The change is indeed stunning, Charley, and you have every reason to be proud of your accomplishments. Good job!

Comment

• I didn't have as much work going in as many of the people here did, but here's my progress.

Starting at 5'4, 120 lbs.

And here I am recently, at ~100.

F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
        [ATTACH]10375[/ATTACH]

OK, peeps, here it is...I have never taken many pics of myself, but just wanted to put one up since it's the first of the year and I'm starting out on a new venture--the Perfect Health Diet. I have bben primal now for exactly 2 years, lost about 75lbs and went from a counter-top full of prescription meds to a counter-top with Vit D, Vit K, and lots of MEAT on it. In before pic I was 240ish and in after pic I'm 165lbs. Don't be too harsh-I'm almost 50!

[ATTACH]10376[/ATTACH]
        Otzi, amazing transformation. Way to go!
        My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Charley View Post
          This is my before
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10394[/ATTACH]

...and after...confiscating my daughter's size 2 jeans.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10395[/ATTACH]

This is my story. I wasn't sure the best way to put it here so I am inserting a link with my story and pictorial journey. I hope it will stir encouragement for those starting on this journey.....and for those entering the second half of a century....your goals are attainable.

My Primal/Paleo Success

Cheeky Fit and Fifty My Success Story | Cheeky Fit and Fifty
          Dang Charley! Pretty dramatic change. Nicely done. I'm sure your daughter was more than happy to let you have her jeans.
          My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Damiana View Post
            I didn't have as much work going in as many of the people here did, but here's my progress.
            I'd say you didn't really need to lose anything from the start... In fact, at 5'4" and 100lbs you are now underweight...
            Last edited by NDF; 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDF View Post
              I'd say you didn't really need to lose anything from the start... In fact, at 5'4" and 100lbs you are now underweight...
              I'm Asian and I have a tiny frame. I put on quite a bit of visceral fat after some health complications, and was eating very poorly. I just lost the excess and now am back to where I am comfortable. I've been on the thin side most of my adult life otherwise.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I'm Asian and I have a tiny frame. I put on quite a bit of visceral fat after some health complications, and was eating very poorly. I just lost the excess and now am back to where I am comfortable. I've been on the thin side most of my adult life otherwise.
                Small frame or not, you are still under weight. Have you ever had your bodyfat tested? It looks like you have low muscle mass.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDF View Post
                  Small frame or not, you are still under weight. Have you ever had your bodyfat tested? It looks like you have low muscle mass.
                  The "normal" BMI range is lower for some Asians (particularly in Southeast Asia) than for people of European heritage, and the percentage of body fat tends to be higher than for Europeans of the same BMI. The overweight cutoff starts at 23 for Asian populations according to the WHO, although they state that more research is needed to establish where the lower end cutoff should sit.

I agree that Damiana was not overweight before, at least from my opinion of her pics, but she may well be at a healthy weight where she is now because of her ethnicity and frame size. Certainly her photo looks slim but not all that different from a number of Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and other East Asian women I know.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Damiana, I know that losing visceral fat is a huge victory and feels awesome! I hope it's understandable that some of us are always concerned when a person seems thrilled at what seems way underweight to us. I hope your body fat & muscle level & body appreciation are at the perfect levels for you!
                    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Charley... damn you are HOT!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charley View Post
                        This is my before
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10394[/ATTACH]

...and after...confiscating my daughter's size 2 jeans.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10395[/ATTACH]

This is my story. I wasn't sure the best way to put it here so I am inserting a link with my story and pictorial journey. I hope it will stir encouragement for those starting on this journey.....and for those entering the second half of a century....your goals are attainable.

My Primal/Paleo Success

Cheeky Fit and Fifty My Success Story | Cheeky Fit and Fifty
                        just wow!

Comment

I didn't have as much work going in as many of the people here did, but here's my progress.

Originally posted by NDF View Post
                          Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                          I have to comment on this...I looked at Damiana's pictures on a computer running Mozilla Firefox, and she looked fabulous. I couldn't figure out what you guys were talking about, saying Damiana looked too thin. This morning I opened this thread on a machine running Windows Explorer, and the picture is all stretched out making her look like a stringbean!

Maybe try to save her picture to your desktop and look in a photo viewer, you might see a whole different person!

Comment

• Using Chrome here and survey says? She looks fantastic.
                            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

I like it though
                              well then

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                Using Chrome here and survey says? She looks fantastic.
                                Ditto
                                People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Working...
                                X