X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the support, aix_sponsa!

Comment

• Mamagrok, when you went from 99% to 100% primal what was in that 1% that you gave up?
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Having a bite of cake on my children's birthdays, receiving Communion in the form of bread, homemade raw milk yogurt once in a blue moon (IDK why, but I have a big problem with dairy that likely comes from my years of not realizing I had a big problem with wheat killing my gut), out-of-season fruit (again, causes big problems for me), that sort of thing. I was doing primal 99% of the time, and 1% of the time - well, really, much less than 1% - I was having some wheat or some corn or some such. And that just doesn't work for me, not with my gut & thyroid & resulting autoimmune problems the way they've come to be.

Three years, when I started on this forum, or even two years ago, I never, ever thought I'd be one of "those people" with such issues. But I hadn't done my blood work then, and hadn't tied my increasingly worse energy levels and trouble with weight to those things. Now the dots are connected clearly for me.

Good question! I'm still thinking on it!

ETA The most recent 6-month stall was broken by eating completely 100% seasonally. I'm having no carbs at all right now, and will continue that till they start to grow here in GA again, maybe late February. Plenty of organs, seafood, etc. Also, I started taking ox bile and that did WONDERS for my bloating, and probably digestion, and I think played a major role in getting going again.
        Last edited by MamaGrok; 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM.
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by noldorimbor View Post
          Unfortunately I don't have a "before picture", I just wanted to show results of mixing PBP and P90X.

I've been eating Primal for 6 months and doing P90X (3 days a week since I read PBP) for 8 months. I have the body I could never imagine to have before, as I work in a bank, sitting on a desk during the day. I have only oneproblem with PBP, I feel like I should eat more carbs, but I'm kind of afraid. Bananas and potatoes are said to be "dangerous", so I can't really decide how much or when to eat them, either I skip them a lot with fear of overeating and I feel weak for p90x, or I feel I overeat them to feel cheated afterwards.

[ATTACH]9885[/ATTACH]
          It's been 2 months since I posted. Going on with primal eating and P90x. I increased my carb intake, and I admit, I 've also been cheating a lot more than I should with some baked food and some desserts (always happens so during winter :S ) and because it's cold outside I've been working indoors that resulted in slooppy exercises, I always work out better and have more fun outdoors.

primalp90.jpg

Comment

• Wow. *shamelessly ogles* I'll be in my bunk.

No seriously, though, awesome progress. I wish I could stand Tony Horton, because I honestly think P90X is a great program. I just couldn't take his manic blathering.

Comment

• Tim.jpg

OK, peeps, here it is...I have never taken many pics of myself, but just wanted to put one up since it's the first of the year and I'm starting out on a new venture--the Perfect Health Diet. I have bben primal now for exactly 2 years, lost about 75lbs and went from a counter-top full of prescription meds to a counter-top with Vit D, Vit K, and lots of MEAT on it. In before pic I was 240ish and in after pic I'm 165lbs. Don't be too harsh-I'm almost 50!

After.jpg
              Last edited by otzi; 01-04-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Dude Otzi - you look almost 50 in the top pic - in the bottom maybe half that!
                Way to go man!
                ~It's All Relative!~
                34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
                Fitness Blog - Instagram
                Join me on Fitocracy

Comment

• Originally posted by WarlordBlade View Post
                  Dude Otzi - you look almost 50 in the top pic - in the bottom maybe half that!
                  Way to go man!
                  Couple more, didn't realize it was so easy to upload pics...

Beginning of Primal journey...

before2.jpg

2 years later...

after2.jpg

Comment

• Hey Otzi, Nicely done, my friend. Hot stuff at 50 is a lot harder to pull off than hot stuff at 25 but it is still doable. Perhaps I don't need to become a cougar after all.

See what I mean ladies? We need to get somebody started on making that Primal Beef Cake video.

Comment

• Hey Otzi, nice to meet you in the flesh, so to speak. Wow is the word that comes to mind!! And at almost 50! Serious good stuff! Potatoes agree with you!

Comment

• 'Twasn't potatoes that got him there. 'Twas frigid water! (And primal, of course!)

Awesome success, Otzi!

Comment

• Originally posted by marthat View Post
                          Hey Otzi, nice to meet you in the flesh, so to speak. Wow is the word that comes to mind!! And at almost 50! Serious good stuff! Potatoes agree with you!
                          Thanks! Got my little potato chip maker today, they are pretty tasty! Thanks for the warning about the slicer...

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                          'Twasn't potatoes that got him there. 'Twas frigid water! (And primal, of course!)

Awesome success, Otzi!
                          PB, IF, CT, PPD, and now PHD! Gotta dig deep--you know that better than anyone...seeing your pics made me want to post mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
                            [ATTACH]10375[/ATTACH]

OK, peeps, here it is...I have never taken many pics of myself, but just wanted to put one up since it's the first of the year and I'm starting out on a new venture--the Perfect Health Diet. I have bben primal now for exactly 2 years, lost about 75lbs and went from a counter-top full of prescription meds to a counter-top with Vit D, Vit K, and lots of MEAT on it. In before pic I was 240ish and in after pic I'm 165lbs. Don't be too harsh-I'm almost 50!

[ATTACH]10376[/ATTACH]
                            WHAT.
                            Dude! That's insanely awesome! Nice work!!
                            You don't have to be sick to get better.
                            Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                            Primal start: 1/2/2012
                            My Primal Journal
                            Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
                              PB, IF, CT, PPD, and now PHD! Gotta dig deep
                              Ain't that the truth! Now if I could just figure out how post-partum depression contributed to your weight loss... ( )

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                                Ain't that the truth! Now if I could just figure out how post-partum depression contributed to your weight loss... ( )
                                LMAO!!!

Otzi, I'm convinced you took a pic of your son or something for the 2nd J/k NICELY DONE!
                                Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                                X