Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone looks great!!!!!! Good job, very inspiring. I will keep plugging along and maybe by Memorial Day I can post a decent picture!

Originally posted by Miss Understood View Post
    I didn't realize until looking back that my face was so round or that I had tree trunk legs! I still have a little loose skin on my thighs and am doing skin brushing to help tighten it. I also credit doing an exercise program called T-Tapp. It has really help shrink me more than what seems possible even from the weight loss. I think my legs are smaller now than the last time I was in the 140s. Teresa Tapp has one exercise in particular called Awesome Legs which she says if you do it for 10 days in a row it typically takes a half inch off your upper thighs. It works!
    I bought my book, and still havent got around to doing the exercises yet. I read the part that said, read the whole book first, and since I havent done that yet, well... ha

But I know there are videos on youtube and the website, which I am sure is better than the book anyhow, to actually see it being done. I just have the world's slowest fast internet so I dont usually watch any videos. But it is on my to do list. I can do 15 mintues a day I do try to brush before a bath though.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• OK, I apologize for the weirdness of the "current" photos. Lighting not very good.

Pre-diet. On high-grain and refined foods. A LOT of them. Continual hunger. UK size 16.
      chubby me.jpg

After going on a part-time vegetarian diet that limited refined foods. I got a bit thinner after this photo, but continued to struggle with weight and appetite issues, along with other health problems.
      post diet.jpg

Yeah, I don't have many pictures from those stages. Not very happy with my body.

Some pictures taken today.
      FILE0034.jpgFILE0035.jpgFILE0033 (2).jpg
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand TENSE!
        FILE0038.jpg

Leg on left is tense. Leg on right mostly relaxed.
        Quads are almost fat-free, so that tense lump is mostly muscle. You can't even lift the skin by pinching. Inner-thigh has fat, though. Calves have fat too, but the muscles are quite big as well. Biceps and triceps speak for themselves.
        --
        Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
        I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochin View Post
          Apparently they can't find any pictures of Paleo women... Wanna help make a response video?
          Do not, I repeat, do not feed the troll.
          Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
            Do not, I repeat, do not feed the troll.
            I was thinking of just compiling "after" and "current" photos, to show how gorgeous and varied we Paleo gals are. ;p
            --

--
            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• After being really frustrated and unable to change my setpoint for many years, I've finally seen some progress this past fall. I started Crossfit 5x/wk in August (before that I was doing a variety of HIIT and weight training 3x/wk) and have been really careful and clean with my eating. I also went slightly higher on the carbs than I've been in the past few years, up to about 100-150g per day rather than 50-75 (some days I'd go as low as 30), in the form of either sweet potato or white rice. I do restrict calories as well. Depending on the day, I'm anywhere from 1200-1500.

Anyway, I think the combination of focused, coached training (with professional programming instead of me just dicking around in the gym) and careful eating has paid off big. My setpoint finally budged and body fat is coming off pretty steadily now. I'm down 13 pounds since August, with no loss in strength (it should go without saying that I've made huge strength gains since starting Crossfit).

tumblr_mfvh1o5Tra1rrr4c8o1_500.jpg

Comment

• heatseeker -- saw them on your blog-- that's good progress! are you still doing hot yoga, too?

Comment

• Thanks, zoebird! Yeah, I do hot vinyasa a few times a week, whenever I can make it to the studio, and I do a daily practice in my home regardless. Fingers crossed, we'll be opening our own studio this year, and I'll have 24/7 access to a hot room.

Comment

• That sounds cool!

I find it's quite a bit to combine that with crossfit (or several of my students find that, since they also go to the box), they are alternators -- four with us, three at the box (with some stretches thrown in to do at home in between); and then flip the next week. It's an interesting process to work with them.

Though, I'm starting a daily routine with DH to experiment on some particular "neurological development/proprioception" concepts. Because I'm nerdy like that.

Comment

• Thanks to mark rippetoe, the hodgetwins, and this forum I'm making some good progress

well then

Comment

• I def think you should put together a thing to show those vegans how primal gals look much better! just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIZZ42 View Post
                          I def think you should put together a thing to show those vegans how primal gals look much better! just my opinion.
                          *points vegans to youtube videos of women's events at Crossfit Games* *drops mic*

I mean, hello.

I find his claim that it was "really difficult to find paleo girls who wanted to be shown online" to be an absurd, transparent lie. Just go look at ANY Crossfit site. For pete's sake, Megan Fox eats paleo.

Comment

• kochin and heatseeker: You have both made stunning progress. Y'all are lookin' good! Much more muscle and less fat, better waist, all around great improvements.

Gadsie: You have also made visible progress in building muscle. I wish I had started weight training as early as you did. You will be an absolute beast in a few years if you keep with it. Keep training smart and avoid injuries.

Comment

• 005.jpg
                              006.jpg

One Year Paleo Anniversary today!!!!
                              Down !20lbs +/- Stopped weighing myself Mid-November

Comment

• Thanks, yodiewan!

Comment

Working...
                                X