X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    You're probably 13 or 14% tops, bossty.
    Really you think so? I really need to go get an accurate test done..your thinking 13-14% even with current stats being 5'10 184 lbs and a lean body mass of 152 lbs?
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosstycoon View Post
      Really you think so? I really need to go get an accurate test done..your thinking 13-14% even with current stats being 5'10 184 lbs and a lean body mass of 152 lbs?
      I get checked in a BODPOD and come in the high 14% range, I'd say you're lower than that. You look a little leaner than me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        You're probably 13 or 14% tops, bossty.
        I'd agree with Patrick. But at the end of the day, does it matter? As long as you're happy with your progress, does it matter if some calculation says you're 14% or 18%?

Out of interest Bosstycoon, what method are you using? Tape measure or caliper? If tape, which body parts are you measuring and what calculation?

I'm interested to give it a go and see what it says :-)

Oh and Magnolia, fantastic pics. You've done an amazing job!! 😄
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosstycoon View Post
          What does your waist measure (at the belly button) and neck (at Adam's apple)?
          The US army apparently use these along with height and weight to approximately calculate bf%
          I've got to apps on my phone, one is the US Army physical fitness assessment app and another uses the navy calc, both put me at around 10%...
          I'm 5' 9", 159 lbs with a 31" waist and 15" neck.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• did my measurements earlier today when i was talking with day dreamer my waist at naval was 34 inches but I dont have a tape so I used a shoe lace and then a ruler to measure that haah.. and neck was like 14.5...5'10 182 lbs

Start Weight-210

Comment

• 33 or 34 inch waiste actually sorry

Start Weight-210

Comment

• Interesting, the army calcs put you at 18% too. Of course it can only be approximate. And like I said before, does it really matter as apart from a trending perspective? In which cas pick a method and stick with it.

There used to be a collection of pics showing pictures of folks at differen bf% and how different two people at the same % can look. It's on the forum somewhere..

Comment

• Magnolia, you look amazing--slimmer and healthier, yes, but also happier.

Nice work Bosstycoon--you can really see the effort paying off.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Round your waist Down to the nearest .5 and neck up.
                    Ideally you want to measure in when you wake up, midday and at night.
                    The calculator takes all three sets of measurements into account.

Comment

• This is the only picture I have from being overweight. I was 290 lbs. didn't even realize I was this large. Having a father and brother both with diabetes I decided it was time to do something. I watched a documentary on Atkins and it made sense to me. Lost 80 lbs in 4 months. Bounced around for a couple years trying different diets. Stayed around 220 for years. 6 months ago I started crossfit. With this I was introduced to paleo.

image.jpg

This is me after 2 months on paleo. 190 lbs and 15% body fat. 30 lbs in 2 months.

image.jpg

Comment

• I am three quarters of the way through my health and fitness programme for 2012; and pleased with progress so far. I have been at the gym fairly regularly over the last couple of months and that has made a big difference. The following two pictures were taken this weekend (not sure how to make them smaller)– and a reminder below of how things were in January

October 2012:\

January 2012:

Comment

• I almost can't believe it is the same man. Way to go and best wishes.

Comment

• Johnn 767 - I agree - you look wonderful!

Sure wish my face would have changed like that.
                            Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                            CW: 10-11-16: 144
                            GW: 130 a dream, I know
                            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Johnny767: That second picture looks like Mr. Smith from The Matrix series! Great transformation, you look way more confident!
                              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• John767... ummm, so you went from "aww nice old man" to "holy crap that guy is hot". You look about 25 years younger now.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                                X