This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys are looking great!

Kakes- your abs look awesome and you're an inspiration to me. I too have some mean tiger stripes, but it's nice to see how your skin has tightened as you've lost fat.

BTW Icarian, I know you didn't post an "after", but you look like a beast in your avatar. Meow!
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Gotta say threads like this inspires me to workout even though winter is comin..
      Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

• Kakes, Fabulous Job! Love the abs and the bikini.

Bosstycoon, Amazing, Congratulations.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I got serious about my health after I saw my wedding pictures. I had hit a high of 255 lbs, and didn't really like what I was seeing:
          At 255 pounds

I started severely restricting carbs in July 2011 - on my own because I hadn't found MDA yet. I didn't take any "before" shots probably because I wasn't too happy with how I looked with my shirt off.

This is a couple of months later and about a size smaller
          At about 235

And this is where I am now:
          Dressed
          Shirt off, front
          Shirt off, side
          I'm at about 195 after 15 months or so, and I've been plateaued for a while. But my new-ish exercise program (60% boxing, 40% cross-fit) is moving the mass around a bit.

All in all, I'm happy with my progress. The funny thing is that I'm far more aware of my current spare tire than I was of all the extra weight I used to carry around. Go figure.

Comment

• IMG_1091.jpgApril 2012.jpg
            The after picture is first. September 8 2012. It is because of the before picture in April.( I am second from the left) April 5 2012. After I saw that, I got serious. I am still losing. Most of all I have lost my Blood pressure meds. My blood sugar is normal. I lost my allergy meds and inhalers, My inflammation in my knees and hips is gone. I can have fun again. I am 57 years old. I have 6 grand children with one on the way. I taught my grand kids to Stand up paddle board this summer.. I FEEL Good. This summer has been so amazing. I plan to lose 30 more pounds and weigh what I did in my 20's . I no longer feel that it is impossible.
            Last edited by Hawk; 09-30-2012, 06:42 PM.
            Start weight 182
            weight now 162
            goal weight 132

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments guys!
              Goosejuggler- Yup. Failed... plain and simple. :P
              Patrick- that's exactly what I'm going for.
              Saoirse- I was kind of shocked and excited that the skin does spring back eventually, it just takes a while. My youngest is 2 1/2 and I'm hoping as time goes by it'll just get better!

Bosstycoon- You seriously look like s different man. Rock on!
              Hawk- Way to go! Can't wait to see your pics once they are approved.
              You don't have to be sick to get better.
              Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
              Primal start: 1/2/2012
              My Primal Journal
              Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• the pics are on my profile page. I had no idea that they do not show up right away.
                Start weight 182
                weight now 162
                goal weight 132

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryB View Post
                  The funny thing is that I'm far more aware of my current spare tire than I was of all the extra weight I used to carry around. Go figure.
                  I hear that, Larry! It's the same with me. I find I need to cut myself some slack and just relax. It's easy to become a bit obsessed after seeing a lot of progress only to watch that progress taper off over time.
                  August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Hawk you look awesome! Nice work!!
                    You don't have to be sick to get better.
                    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                    Primal start: 1/2/2012
                    My Primal Journal
                    Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Great job Hawk! Nice legs!
                      My Writing Blog
                      My Twitter

Comment

• Larry, you look years younger.. keep up the solid work.

Comment

• Originally posted by kakes View Post
                          okay guys, (almost) 9 months primal! Feeling amazing, super active and happy. 4 kids worth of stretch marks have turned into tiger stripes.

ah-mazing!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kakes View Post
                            okay guys, (almost) 9 months primal! Feeling amazing, super active and happy. 4 kids worth of stretch marks have turned into tiger stripes.

wow!!
                            "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

• Everyone looks beautiful; keep up the good work
                              ok so i no this is before and after but I also like it as progress lol!!
                              Im really comfortable with my body so I dont have problems taking pix like this and showing it off haha

9-14-12 first pic

10-1-12 second

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ick/photo5.jpg
                              Started Primal November 20, 2011
                              Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                              January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                              Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

• Doing well there!

where do you think/know you're BF% is at now?

Comment

Working...
                                X