Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kakes, Fabulous Job! Love the abs and the bikini.

Bosstycoon, Amazing, Congratulations.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I got serious about my health after I saw my wedding pictures. I had hit a high of 255 lbs, and didn't really like what I was seeing:
      At 255 pounds

I started severely restricting carbs in July 2011 - on my own because I hadn't found MDA yet. I didn't take any "before" shots probably because I wasn't too happy with how I looked with my shirt off.

This is a couple of months later and about a size smaller
      At about 235

And this is where I am now:
      Dressed
      Shirt off, front
      Shirt off, side
      I'm at about 195 after 15 months or so, and I've been plateaued for a while. But my new-ish exercise program (60% boxing, 40% cross-fit) is moving the mass around a bit.

All in all, I'm happy with my progress. The funny thing is that I'm far more aware of my current spare tire than I was of all the extra weight I used to carry around. Go figure.

Comment

• IMG_1091.jpgApril 2012.jpg
        The after picture is first. September 8 2012. It is because of the before picture in April.( I am second from the left) April 5 2012. After I saw that, I got serious. I am still losing. Most of all I have lost my Blood pressure meds. My blood sugar is normal. I lost my allergy meds and inhalers, My inflammation in my knees and hips is gone. I can have fun again. I am 57 years old. I have 6 grand children with one on the way. I taught my grand kids to Stand up paddle board this summer.. I FEEL Good. This summer has been so amazing. I plan to lose 30 more pounds and weigh what I did in my 20's . I no longer feel that it is impossible.
        Last edited by Hawk; 09-30-2012, 06:42 PM.
        Start weight 182
        weight now 162
        goal weight 132

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments guys!
          Goosejuggler- Yup. Failed... plain and simple. :P
          Patrick- that's exactly what I'm going for.
          Saoirse- I was kind of shocked and excited that the skin does spring back eventually, it just takes a while. My youngest is 2 1/2 and I'm hoping as time goes by it'll just get better!

Bosstycoon- You seriously look like s different man. Rock on!
          Hawk- Way to go! Can't wait to see your pics once they are approved.
          You don't have to be sick to get better.
          Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
          Primal start: 1/2/2012
          My Primal Journal
          Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• the pics are on my profile page. I had no idea that they do not show up right away.
            Start weight 182
            weight now 162
            goal weight 132

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryB View Post
              The funny thing is that I'm far more aware of my current spare tire than I was of all the extra weight I used to carry around. Go figure.
              I hear that, Larry! It's the same with me. I find I need to cut myself some slack and just relax. It's easy to become a bit obsessed after seeing a lot of progress only to watch that progress taper off over time.
              August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Hawk you look awesome! Nice work!!
                You don't have to be sick to get better.
                Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                Primal start: 1/2/2012
                My Primal Journal
                Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Great job Hawk! Nice legs!
                  My Writing Blog
                  My Twitter

Comment

• Larry, you look years younger.. keep up the solid work.

Comment

• Originally posted by kakes View Post
                      okay guys, (almost) 9 months primal! Feeling amazing, super active and happy. 4 kids worth of stretch marks have turned into tiger stripes.

ah-mazing!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kakes View Post
                        okay guys, (almost) 9 months primal! Feeling amazing, super active and happy. 4 kids worth of stretch marks have turned into tiger stripes.

wow!!
                        "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

• Everyone looks beautiful; keep up the good work
                          ok so i no this is before and after but I also like it as progress lol!!
                          Im really comfortable with my body so I dont have problems taking pix like this and showing it off haha

9-14-12 first pic

10-1-12 second

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ick/photo5.jpg
                          Started Primal November 20, 2011
                          Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                          January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                          Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

• Doing well there!

where do you think/know you're BF% is at now?

Comment

• Every time I look at this thread I'm astounded, fantastic progress folks!!
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• you asking me? im not totally sure, I know when i started my transform process over again 2 months ago i was at 19%..Id have to do some calculations today to figure out new stats..maybe 17%???
                                .but im weighin right now around 184
                                Originally posted by Greenbeast View Post
                                Doing well there!

where do you think/know you're BF% is at now?
                                Started Primal November 20, 2011
                                Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                                January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                                Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

Working...
                                X