Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks urbancaveman, I've lately bought a barbel switched to 5*5 about a month ago and I can see the difference on my body.
    I'll read that link asap.
    Could you recommend exercises I can do at home with low risk of injury?
    I've never stepped into a gym, I do curls and shoulder presses along with Convict Conditioning stuff
    Deadlifts hurt my neck.
    Last edited by Gilleh; 09-07-2012, 05:45 AM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

• If deadlifts hurt your neck you are doing them wrong! When doing any resistance exercise, proper form is essential to prevent injury and to improve efficiency, so I'd be hesitant to remove deadlifts out of the equation, just look at your posture as you are doing them, try doing them in a mirror.
      Check this website out for a step by step deadlift guide.

How to Deadlift: Definitive Guide to Mastering Technique | StrongLifts.com

The whole idea with stronglifts is to start off small then go big! So I reccommend doing the following

2 warm up set at approximately 30% of your maximum weight, so if you can bench press 100Kg for 5 reps then your warm up set would be 30kg. If your maximum is 40kg then your warm up weight would be 15kg etc.

2 intermediate sets this will be approximately 70-75% of your maximum weight so if your maximum is 100kg then you do 2 sets of 5 reps with 70-75kg likewise if your maximum is 40kg then you do approximately 30kg .

1 set of 5 reps of your maximum weight you could do last time!

IMPORTANT: When your maximum becomes too comfortable add 1 extra set to failure adding another weight to the amount you already do try and improve.

Do this for each of the exercise on the stronglifts program and you should see results! but remember to rest! This programme is only meant to be done 2-3 times a week maximum! Muscle growth occurs during rest so make sure you get plenty of it and plenty of sleep!

Keep us posted of your results!
      Last edited by urbancaveman; 09-07-2012, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Six weeks ago: photo.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket

Today, 14lbs lighter: photo.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket

I can't see any difference, infact I think I look wider! My clothes are falling off me though, so I must be just shrinking in general...
        Last edited by Lyns84; 09-07-2012, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• nope, your chest waist and thighs shrank
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• [QUOTE

I can't see any difference, infact I think I look wider! My clothes are falling off me though, so I must be just shrinking in general...[/QUOTE]

I see a big difference! Especially in your chest and waist You look amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyns84 View Post
              Six weeks ago: photo.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket

Today, 14lbs lighter: photo.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket

I can't see any difference, infact I think I look wider! My clothes are falling off me though, so I must be just shrinking in general...
              wow, big difference, well done!

Comment

• My primal journey starting in november 2011 at 211 pounds..

nov 2011 (2).JPGNov 2011 2.jpgphoto(6).JPGphoto(7).JPG

now september 2012 188 pounds
                Started Primal November 20, 2011
                Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

• Lyns84 I see a big difference too. Try to put the pics side by side using a photo editing program. You are doing great!
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• @ Bossty: NICE! Your "man-V" is going to be epic. Also sweet tats, bro.
                    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Body by Science has quite a bit of good stuff on working out. The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living/Performance are great as well.
                      Height: 6'1"
                      Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                      Start Weight: 275
                      Current Weight: 248
                      Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                      Body Fat 25.4%
                      Fat Mass 63.721
                      Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                      Fat Free Mass 187.087
                      Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                      Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• Bossty, awesome progress, you'll look amazingly good in no time !

Ok, some progress pics:
                        This was 2 years ago:
                        (I lost a big amount of weight doing chronic cardio on a SAD diet with an undiagnosed pubertal delay/hypogonadism)

This was at the beginning of June 2012, in the very early months of my TRT and my primal journey
                        Before that, between the pics, I worked out and gained muscle mass, but it provoked the hormonal crash that led me to discover my hypogonadism because it became very very severe.

AND

This is today.
                        Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                        (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

• Daydreamer, I love the way you look now!
                          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Daydreamer - you look so different and very very handsome now that you have filled out. Great success.
                            Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                            CW: 10-11-16: 144
                            GW: 130 a dream, I know
                            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Daydreamer your body is really looking healthy and full all around! thanks for the props everyone!
                              Started Primal November 20, 2011
                              Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                              January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                              Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                                Lyns84 I see a big difference too. Try to put the pics side by side using a photo editing program. You are doing great!
                                Thanks everyone for your awesome comments xx

Here is the pics together, I still can't see much difference, maybe I should hide the mirrors for the next 6 weeks lol

photo-2.jpg picture by lyns84 - Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                                X