X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
    So.... I think I've finally done it.
    Agreed! You look great! There is so much difference between each set of photos.

Comment

• Corvidae, So amazing! You look fantastic-thanks for sharing!
      I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
      CW:166.4 lbs.
      GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

• Corvidae, awesome progress! DO write up and submit your success story!

Comment

The last four or five months the scale hasn't changed much, but I've been keeping up with my usual patterns, simply assuming that my remaining pudge might slowly be eeking away and gradually being replaced by muscle. So I've been focusing on my dancing and my yoga, hoping that things are progressing, but also coming to accept that even if they arent, Im in a pretty good place.

Yesterday I finally got around to having my boyfriend take a progress picture of me, and I have to say...

...it's pretty much what I've been hoping to get to this entire time. My waist is well-defined, my ab-pudge isnt constantly pouring over the top of my pants (on the sides OR the front), and my posture is nothing short of stellar. I'm so confident that I've finally removed the facial fuzzying in my stage-by-stage photos:

There are more advances Id like to make, but they're more on the realm of flexibility and core strength and things that don't show up well in photos, so I may have to call an end to my regular progress shots. I dont expect I'll ever look like super-ripped crossfitter-runner-EXTREEM-etc, but thats ok cause I like my boobs and would like to keep them ;D

I plan on documenting my story and scraping up a couple other interesting before and after pictures to submit as an official Success Story soon
          Stunning progress. Absolutely stunning!

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
            Stunning progress. Absolutely stunning!
            Yep, can't wait to be there myself. I'm not even close to that point in my journey though. Just have to keep moving and I'll get there. I hope soon to be able to find a good gym or buy some good free weights and put my Body By Science exercises into action. I really liked how in depth that book was and I really think it'll help me a bunch.

Anyone looking to do some good exercise should check it out. I think it would be good for everyone looking to do any exercise. It goes over quite a few things and the authors believe in Paleo though they don't mention it specifically they refer to Hunter-gatherer diets multiple times though.
            Height: 6'1"
            Primal start date: July 1st 2011
            Start Weight: 275
            Current Weight: 248
            Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
            Body Fat 25.4%
            Fat Mass 63.721
            Fat Free Mass 74.6%
            Fat Free Mass 187.087
            Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
            Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by tanyayogi
              My weight hasn't changed but with a year of on and off primal:

BEFORE: 26% BF, 117 lbs at 5'1 (I'm 18 in these pictures, 19 now)
              NOW: 23% BF, 116 lbs at 5'1
              [ATTACH]8933[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8934[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8935[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8936[/ATTACH]

My goal is 18-19% BF at 108 lbs by being dedicated primal (80/20 or 90/10) for my sophomore/junior year of college.
              You look great right now!
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                That's me now, after a couple of years of primal. Last weigh-in, 153 lbs.
                OWLY, looking foxy...

Comment

I plan on documenting my story and scraping up a couple other interesting before and after pictures to submit as an official Success Story soon
                  Beautiful progress! Great job
                  Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

• Originally posted by jammies View Post
                    You look great right now!
                    @tanyayogi: I second jammies. You already look awesome.

Comment

• Corvidae, you look great, and I love that your photos so clearly document the changes (same bikini, same location, same pose). Very cool.
                      If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• WOW, Corvidae! Great job! It's really interesting in the last two photos, even though your weight has remained the same, you can clearly see the differences.

Comment

Looking good! Gave me a *thoughtful pause*
                          If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                            Looking good! Gave me a *thoughtful pause*
                            ;D Im glad to see my reputation continues
                            "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                              Corvidae, you look great, and I love that your photos so clearly document the changes (same bikini, same location, same pose). Very cool.
                              Thank you, and yeah, that's the scientist in me, trying to be as empirical about it as I can
                              "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Hey guys! This is my first post in this part of the forum, as I was inspired by the thread to look through some old photos. Great work everyone, by the way!

My history is that I was quite big as a teenager (270lbs+), but managed to lose some of it by giving up sugared drinks. Over the next many years my weight has fluctuated between 215 and 235lbs, trying desperately to lose weight with chronic cardio and restricted died. Always failed, always ballooned up as well. In January 2011 I quit smoking and started working out (a Starting Strength type program) and still didn't manage to lose weight, although I did get stronger. At Christmas 2011 I read Eat Stop Eat, and decided to give IF a try. It was tough, but I managed. I weighed around 230lbs at this time. Pretty soon after I cought onto the Primal Blueprint and started adopting it over a few months. That has been behind me now being at my lowest weight in ages, and just feeling way better! Not quite there yet, but it's working. Today Iweigh in at 194lbs. I haven't done much lifting this year, due to injuries, but hopefully soon I'll be able to follow a proper weightlifting course again!

Here are some pics illustrating the transformation so far:

As a teenager:

On vacation in 2010:

And here's a hike recently

And me climbing a climbingwall last week:

Comment

Working...
                                X