Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• Sweet donkey Jesus, quelsen! That's damn impressive! Keep it up.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Quelsen!!!!! Wow! Very impressive! Thanks for sharing!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Goddamn, quelsen!!! Excellent job my brother, keep it up!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            Here's my latest progress picture. One year difference. 165lbs or so on the left, 130lbs on the right. I eat low carb, high fat. Several months of higher carb (fruit and potatoes) pretty much stalled me out. I've returned to low carb, high fat and have started losing again. I'm 5'3" and 47 years old and can wear a bikini and not die of total humiliation.

I agree... AWESOME!!
            SW: 243
            CW: 177
            Goal: Health

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
              Before 506 pounds

today 334
              Woweeee, Quelsen!! Fabulous progress! Being in front of the door again for reference really shows off the huge difference! Congrats!
              SW: 243
              CW: 177
              Goal: Health

Comment

• Nice, Quelsen, I wish my friend saw what you've done. He is as heavy as you were and has been told he must lose the weight.
                Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

• http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...84642-8646.jpg

OK. Being a bit of a dinosaur here. I'm trying to post a 'before' picture... mostly because I've been feeling lazy in month #2 due to the end of summer stressors (kids! Love 'em, but they have to go to school soon) and I want people to hold me accountable to post an 'after' picture in November. That gives me 4 months. I just copied a photo I have in my profile section and pasted it here. Not sure it will work.

If it does: that is me. Even my foster dog is bored with how I look; thus the big yawn. My main goal is to firm up my middle and increase my strength. I'd love to have long, lean legs, but God blessed me with something otherwise. Inside, I'd like to feel less anxious and tired. I do have more energy after 4 weeks, and my bloating has been reduced to a minimum. I've gained a few pounds, but soon I will concentrate on portion control to keep it in check.

Thanks for looking (I guess).
                  sigpic
                  Age 48
                  Start date: 7-5-12
                  5'3"
                  121lbs
                  GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                  Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

• I should have asked my 15 yr old son for help. hah

Trying to post my picture this way instead. About 6 months ago I looked pretty darned good, but I stopped exercising between February-July due to chronic injury. But, regardless, inside i felt pretty crappy. Now I feel pretty good inside and still working on the outside. Just need to firm back up and increase strength.
                    sigpic
                    Age 48
                    Start date: 7-5-12
                    5'3"
                    121lbs
                    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                    Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Before 506 pounds

today 334
                      The mind, it boggles. You lost a me. Well, 9 pounds off, but still. Congrats!
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Thanks all and for my next trick i will turn back time.

25 more pounds and I will weight less than i did at 18
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Before 506 pounds

today 334

from one formerly fat guy(430+lbs) to another, DAMN! You fucking rock.

Comment

• Quelsen!!! You are one fine looking dude! Congrats, you have worked so hard and is it ever paying off

You too there Hank, you are pretty much completely awesome too
                            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

• Originally posted by KerryK View Post
                              Woweeee, Quelsen!! Fabulous progress! Being in front of the door again for reference really shows off the huge difference! Congrats!
                              Yeah, I went back to look @ the door frames in each picture, hehe...So in you're before foto, your arms would need to be moved or either of your shoulders would I guess needed to have been dropped or turned to walk thru the doorway! A great job, great fotos.

CW 339 | SW 506 is on your signature.
                              Do you have a GW? Or are you content @ your current? You do look great
                              "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                              "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                              "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                                Yeah, I went back to look @ the door frames in each picture, hehe...So in you're before foto, your arms would need to be moved or either of your shoulders would I guess needed to have been dropped or turned to walk thru the doorway! A great job, great fotos.

CW 339 | SW 506 is on your signature.
                                Do you have a GW? Or are you content @ your current? You do look great
                                back in the bad old days when i didnt know shit i had a goal weight of 175 ( the same weight i was at 13 ) then i had a BODPOD reading that showed my lean mass as 240 and my fat mass at 250 and i was pissed that it mean that with 10% BF my goal weight was 264.. That was before I had a working solution....

Goal weights are great ideas... and for the normal fatty :-) probably worth setting.

For the truly planetary body the desire to drop one more pound today is about all that can be held sanely.

Too much changes. too much that the normal plumper has no clue about. I used to live on the HCG forum, and no offense to those(mostly) chickas, listening to them complain about the 15 pounds they wanted removed before summer became rather annoying. it is very easy to place diet and exercise on anyone who WANTS to drop 30 pounds or less. it is most likely an open cakehole that is the problem.

when you start weighing in metric tons the body works very differently.

I KNOW i can hold 30 pounds of water and have pissed out 12 pounds of water in an eight hour period stimulated by the highly derided ice baths.

I have seen my bone density increase due to vitamin K2 supplementation, imagine how much anger and confusion one can feel as the weight increases but the inches dont or even reduce... but the tooth enamel regrowing as well as deep bone aches and 25 year long toenail damage ( from ripping them out by the root while playing barefooted ) spontaneously regrows correctly.

Watching the body reshape in the mirror, literally watch as the hump in my neck melted off, along with the excruciating pain of it as the same time... Waking up to bone wrenching agony as what seems like a charlie horse of the soul grips your nutsack and radiates up and down the spine. then seeing a 3 -4 pound drop from the previous day....

I know i have no farking clue what my body CAN do. All i know is that I stay the course, eat right, keep my chemical balanced and YES use HCG as needed to get over humps.

Goal weight... we dont need no stinking goal weight... just the will and desire to drop one more pound one more time.

I have accepted however that 275 is mostly likely where i could settle. IF i reach that place and hold it for a year I will know that it is time to start exercising ( what hullo hold the phone did he say.....) I have performed no routine form of exercise since June 2010. What i know from trial and error is that is the quickest way to halt reduction for me and in some cases set me back about 3 months. i do pushups ( i can get out 5 or 10 depending on the day and my testosterone levels) and bounce on my rebounder sporadically. Walk when the mood strikes me. that is it, anything more and i pay in scale weight.

Not to worry, i am still Fezzik apparantly. After my 5th round of HCG their was a hot debate about HCG wasting muscle mass and i was pretty pissed at the stupidity i felt those comments represented, so i went to my local muscle hutt. I walked in off the street and said, " you got a weeks pass", of course they did... i looked around and said can you give me a spot? She really could not so i settled down onto a smith machine (bench) pushed out 5 reps of 350 and maxed out at 385. given that I had done no serious weight slinging in about 4 years at that point i felt it was about what i should expect since 425 was my max workout weight with 475 being my max capacity.

I cant help being the biggest and the strongest... i dont even exercise.

Long winded i know but i cant expect anyone to accept that i dont have a goal weight without understanding why i dont have a goal weight.
                                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X