Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey - thanks! I get that a lot, so it has to be true. Imagine I am only 41 years young. Teehee!

Oh, and btw Timothy you're looking a lot better in the before and after pics. Impressive!

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Here's a link to mine:

http://freetheanimal.com/2009/06/nothing-like-a-picture-reader-transformation.html

But since I started doing Crossfit (and some other strength lifts) cut back on "cardio" I've come up another 15lbs of muscle! I'm turning 42 in May, and we are expecting our first Grokklette in 3 weeks (any day now it seems).

Woo hoo! Good job folks!

Comment

January 1st 2010.

Today.

Comment

@Acmebike: amazing! Totally looks like a different person!

@Tish: Wow - and in only 3 months, stunning transform!

Keep on going!

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Acmebike, that is awesome! That's the most dramatic swing in BF% I've seen in quite a while. Now that you've shifted to weights from cardio and put on 15 (!!!) pounds of muscle, I hope you'll have some pumped-up pics for us soon. And good luck with the Groklette! Between you and me, I think having a baby provides an extra hormonal kick in the pants. Enjoy that

Tish, looking great! Your waist is remarkably slimmer.

Comment

@Sungrazer Thanks! Oh, but I've actually only been primal since February!

And everyone looks great

Comment

Sungrazer,

You look like you went back in time, great job.

Comment

I don't post pics but my journey has been a little bit of the opposite and you'd be shocked to see the pics. Went from 6' 170lbs to 6' 195 lbs today. Still wear the same waist pants and guarantee my bodyfat is lower at 25 lbs heavier. Unfortunately almost all my shirts have had to go for larger sizes. My workout regimen has changed dramatically, shifting toward more mass building activities, but I know the low carb diet has had just as much to do with the transformation. My diet is probably heavier protein than the average PBer but still high fat as well. Going to Grand Cayman for vacation soon, maybe I'll post a photo if I'm hidden well under hat and shades

You all look great, keep up the great work!!!

Comment

Wow.. amazing pics.. perhaps in two months if I can have some success I will post mine.. you guys are awesome!!!

GP- Did you WANT to add all that muscular weight?

Comment

Sigh...I shake my head at this:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1394558_n.jpg

~ a month ago:

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs459...._4141763_n.jpg
                      Last edited by Mark Sisson; 04-14-2010, 08:01 AM.

Comment

coach, I wasn't attempting to add all that weight, but I'm certainly not disappointed in having it. I was a carboholic ultramarathon runner than was too skinny for my frame. 6' 170 doesn't sound really skinny but friends thought I was sick. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and let the scale fall where it may as long as I stay at least as lean as I am now. In my current sport addiction (indoor rowing) added weight is an advantage not a hindrance so being more muscular is good

Comment

Well then, congrats to you!!!

Comment

Mr.M, you are looking great! Your face has radically slimmed down. You look like you're feeling a lot better too. Did it take you long to achieve that?

I also cringe when I look at my before pictures. They remind me that PB isn't just about looking better, but rescuing our health and future lives.

It is so interesting to see how the fat drops off. For me, it came off my head and neck first, then my shoulders and chest, then my upper abs. Then the surviving fat dug in for a die-hard last stand around my navel, refusing to surrender. This morning the forces of slimness will make another bayonet charge.

Comment

LOL Timothy.. the last battle of the bulge, eh???

Comment

My progress so far! The first was about 3 months after I had my son. This is a 30lb loss so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X