This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I haven't checked in on this thread in several months, and WOW!!! For every single one of you who posted in May, June, & July, THANK YOU, and AMAZING job!!!

Me, I'm on my third month holding steady two pounds away from my goal weight, working on some long-term health issues, and still planning to win the award for slowest weight loss.
    When I saw that you had posted I was hoping for pics!!! I'll bet even though you are holding steady we will see some composition changes. (I don't know how you can stay away from this thread for so long, I check it daily )

mommymd
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by mommymd View Post
      When I saw that you had posted I was hoping for pics!!! I'll bet even though you are holding steady we will see some composition changes.
      Me too!

Originally posted by mommymd View Post
      (I don't know how you can stay away from this thread for so long, I check it daily )
      Me too!
      SW: 243
      CW: 177
      Goal: Health

Comment

• Originally posted by Robynbee View Post
        Oh my gosh. I haven't been on this forum in a long time (work stress, fun stuff, you know) and I am absolutely full of pride and emotion for all of you who have gone through these AMAZING transformations! You all look great and I want to give out as many hive fives and hugs as I am physically capable of giving (a lot)!!
        +1000!

I get so emotional when I read this thread. Everyone looks so damn hot!
        F/ 5'6"
        HW: 230 (ugh)
        SW: 204 2/27/12
        CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
        GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Comment

• Here I am again. Prior update: Click

Starting stats were 6', 260-270 lbs (not sure exactly), wearing size 42 pants which were getting ever smaller, XXL t-shirt.

Now I'm sitting nicely at 168 lbs, size 32 pants in a medium or small t-shirt. This is about a year's weight loss, and I should mention that there wasn't a whole lot of exercise (sue me), hence why it's not a nekkid picture. So my focus in the coming months will be on adding muscle and recomposing from skinny fat to... you know, not.

Cheers.
          Last edited by Timthetaco; 07-28-2012, 10:02 AM. Reason: smaller picture

Comment

• Wow, awesome job Tim!
            My Writing Blog
            My Twitter

Comment

• Nice work, Tim! I'm right there with you on the lack of exercise and getting down to skinny fat. Switching my focus to weights and sprinting should work wonders. Keep us up to date on your body comp changes!
              I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

• This is my favourite thread, so inspiring!!

Now i'm 3 months in I can share a photo, this just show how much my stomach has gone down in 3 months.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...p6/before2.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...op6/3mths1.jpg

Comment

• Nice improvement!
                  I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

• Will post mine at the end of the month.
                    Hopefully will gain some weight by then
                    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

• Originally posted by hulahoop View Post
                      This is my favourite thread, so inspiring!!

Now i'm 3 months in I can share a photo, this just show how much my stomach has gone down in 3 months.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...p6/before2.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/...op6/3mths1.jpg
                      Awesome job Inspiring
                      Height: 6'1"
                      Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                      Start Weight: 275
                      Current Weight: 248
                      Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                      Body Fat 25.4%
                      Fat Mass 63.721
                      Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                      Fat Free Mass 187.087
                      Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                      Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• great job timthetaco & hulahoop!

I'm only just starting week 3, and I find myself wishing the time away so I can see what I look like in 3 months lol. This thread is so inspiring, I just wish more people would share photo's, I can't get enough!

x

Comment

• Holy Crap, hulahoop! Great before/after photos. You must have people asking you how you did it... what is their reaction when you talk about the PB? Congratulations!

BTW, I started 3 weeks ago and apparently my waist decreased 3"! No weight loss, but that is more than OK. I'm still in the process of dumping CW foods (sugar, mainly), so I'm not paying too much attention to my Primal portions. That comes next.
                          sigpic
                          Age 48
                          Start date: 7-5-12
                          5'3"
                          121lbs
                          GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
                          Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

• Timthetaco and Hulahoop - looking GREAT!
                            SW: 243
                            CW: 177
                            Goal: Health

Comment

• I am also just new to this and certainly not 100% yet but I have dumped the grains and like you I have lost inches from my waist but no real weight yet(down 20 in the past 4 months but not really due to primal and its only been about a month of no grains and the inches fell off)!!! I went from looking pregnant (at 55) to just being overweight. I'm excited to keep it up and dump the weight too!! I think its bloating that the grains cause.
                              Last edited by snoops; 07-28-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• I've never posted in this thread because I thought I'd eradicated all possible 'before' pics, which I could barely stand to look at myself, let alone show to others. But I was working with an old backup today and suddenly there they all were...a real low point in my life; I was basically killing myself with pasta & bad haircuts.

I've been low-carb since April 2011 and more or less Primal since November 2011--diet and slow movement, mainly. There's a lot more work to do: probably 30 more pounds to lose, and I've still got to implement resistance training and sprinting in a consistent way. But I'm very glad to be where I am after 16 months, and this thread has been a major source of inspiration, so here's hoping I can give a little back!

on the left, a 4XL shirt ... on the right, XL
                                6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                                ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

Working...
                                X