Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first picture is me at my college graduation, December 2011. The picture on the right is me now, July 2012. When I saw this picture of me after graduation I was horrified! Wake-up call.

I lost 10 pounds early in the year from going half-assed primal, then I fell off the wagon for 2 months - but did not gain it back. I started back 100% committed 1 week ago and have quickly lost 4 pounds since July 5th. 14 pounds total. My goal is 135.

jennyweightloss.jpeg

PS - My major was wildlife management.

PPS - This is a picture of me from September 2009. I was around 140 pounds I believe, and I think I looked danged good then (but that was from daily chronic cardio that I hated badly)! I want to get back to this body, and stay there.

mehappy.jpg

Jenny
    Last edited by aix_sponsa; 07-12-2012, 10:37 PM.
    My Writing Blog
    My Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
      Something a little bit unusual... Not about weight loss, but weight gain after a very very severe hypogonadism and degradation of my body and health.
      It's only my face, for the moment.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...36445107_n.jpg April 2012

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...63517203_n.jpg Tonight, July 2012
      Awesome! You really are looking great!
      Amazing to see the return of health to your face.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilanatree View Post
        I've been living primal since March, and I think I've made some progress. Despite an injury (de Quervain's tenosynovitis) that's kept me from lifting (much) the past month or so, I've been steadily losing fat and gaining muscle, and feel like I'm pretty close to being fat-adapted, if I'm not already.

Totally off grains, sugar, and soy (well, 95%-5%), and I've incorporated a lot more meat into my diet. I still eat a lot of dairy and some artificial sweeteners, and that's not changing anytime soon (so no lectures, please!).

As of the last time I weighed myself, I'm around 175 lbs, 42-32-41. Still 5'6". I don't know my body fat percentage, since I don't have calipers or access to any other facilities.

I last posted in April: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post805721 At the time I weighed around 185.

This is me today, 11 July 2012:

And just for fun, here's a pic of me doing some yoga the other day:
        Excellent!
        I'm losing slowly and have some medical issues/disability that limits how physical I can be.
        For a while now it has been walking on the treadmill in about ten minute increments (I have dizziness issues and could fall if I went longer)... but I was missing the yoga I used to do.
        Now I knew that many poses just wouldn't work for me... head down is very bad for instance. But I dug around and found Healing Yoga: for Aches and Pains to stream in Netflix the other day! All very modified poses for injured and sick people. And I'm starting back at yoga again! Slowly... but hey, small steps are steps too.
        Who knows, maybe the docs will patch me up and I can be more serious about it again.

Keep up the good work! And keep inspiring people.
        Last edited by cori93437; 07-12-2012, 10:15 PM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
          JMack383- Incredible. You look like a different person and SO much younger! Nice work man! Keep it up!
          Thank you so much. This has has changed my life.

Comment

• JMack383, big high-five to you brother. You and I are traveling the same path man. I started 370 down to 285. Isn't great being able to buy clothes off the rack......
            I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by TorMag View Post
              JMack383, big high-five to you brother. You and I are traveling the same path man. I started 370 down to 285. Isn't great being able to buy clothes off the rack......
              Absolutely the best feeling being able to shop where everyone else shops and not Casual Male XL. Not to mention it is actually cheaper buying "normal" size clothes. I am always looking for people who started at around the same weight as I did. Nice to meet you, and keep up the good work!

Comment

• I am with you guys on the ease of clothes shopping now! Going from a 42-44" waist down to 36" and from a 2XL shirt down to L gives me so many more options!
                I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

• Originally posted by edearl View Post
                  @ilanatree, great progress! The protein powder I use is sweetened with sucralose, splenda, and I mix it with milk, but I love it! So, I can totally relate to the whole dairy and artificial sweetener thing.
                  Awesome I figure the sucralose can be part of the 20% of non-primal stuff I eat!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65041.html

Comment

• 9 months into this way of eating. I'm down 20 lbs overall, living with long plateaus and then impressive 4lb drops. Big shape changes. I work out twice a week with a trainer doing a hiit workout with light hand weights and my own body weight. Yoga once per week and move slowly about 3 times per week. Probably eat too much dark chocolate, and have started enjoying coffee.

Before:

Before, July 27, 2011 (L) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

Preprimal posterior by Mommymd55, on Flickr

Before, July 27, 2011 (F) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

9 months in

9 months primal by Mommymd55, on Flickr

9 months primal posterior by Mommymd55, on Flickr

9months primal lateral by Mommymd55, on Flickr

Mommymd
                    Last edited by mommymd; 07-16-2012, 03:24 AM. Reason: Added posterior shots
                    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Great results Mommymd! Keep it up!

Comment

• Wow Mummymd you look great!

Comment

• @Mommymd- GIRL!! You look fabulous!
                          You don't have to be sick to get better.
                          Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                          Primal start: 1/2/2012
                          My Primal Journal
                          Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Great job Mommymd!
                            My Writing Blog
                            My Twitter

Comment

• Wow, what a difference 9 months can make! Nice work, Mommymd. Keep smiling!

I just hit 80 pounds lost today (since Jan 1). This may call for some new pics.
                              I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMack383 View Post
                                Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in.

I went from a 44" waist to currently a 38". I don't think I have been a 38" since middle school. I went from 3xl shirts to a 2xl and now a few Polo shirts that are XL. That was also a big motivator was being able to walk into a store and buy clothes, instead of ordering them online.

I work on a tugboat where the diets are terrible even though the coast guard has strict medical guidelines for BMI. That was also always on the back of my mind. They strive for a BMI of 40 or under, even though still unhealthy, if they went any lower there would be no one running tugboats.

This is my journey so far, I havent cheated at all and I can't go back. My goal weight for now is 225. I think with hard-work and determination I can achieve that goal. My friends and family have been supportive. I have also introduced family members, friends, and strangers to the diet. They have also found success. Well keep fighting the good fight!

PS. Tattoos are Paleo right?
                                [ATTACH]8391[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8392[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8393[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8394[/ATTACH]
                                Dang, JMack. Wow you are really looking GREAT! Congratulations!
                                SW: 243
                                CW: 177
                                Goal: Health

Comment

Working...
                                X