Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before and after pics

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've been living primal since March, and I think I've made some progress. Despite an injury (de Quervain's tenosynovitis) that's kept me from lifting (much) the past month or so, I've been steadily losing fat and gaining muscle, and feel like I'm pretty close to being fat-adapted, if I'm not already.

    Totally off grains, sugar, and soy (well, 95%-5%), and I've incorporated a lot more meat into my diet. I still eat a lot of dairy and some artificial sweeteners, and that's not changing anytime soon (so no lectures, please!).

    As of the last time I weighed myself, I'm around 175 lbs, 42-32-41. Still 5'6". I don't know my body fat percentage, since I don't have calipers or access to any other facilities.

    I last posted in April: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post805721 At the time I weighed around 185.

    This is me today, 11 July 2012:




    And just for fun, here's a pic of me doing some yoga the other day:
    Last edited by ilanatree; 07-11-2012, 10:26 AM. Reason: Images were huge
    ______________________________

    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65041.html

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ilanatree View Post
      I've been living primal since March, and I think I've made some progress. Despite an injury (de Quervain's tenosynovitis) that's kept me from lifting (much) the past month or so, I've been steadily losing fat and gaining muscle, and feel like I'm pretty close to being fat-adapted, if I'm not already.

      Totally off grains, sugar, and soy (well, 95%-5%), and I've incorporated a lot more meat into my diet. I still eat a lot of dairy and some artificial sweeteners, and that's not changing anytime soon (so no lectures, please!).

      As of the last time I weighed myself, I'm around 175 lbs, 42-32-41. Still 5'6". I don't know my body fat percentage, since I don't have calipers or access to any other facilities.

      I last posted in April: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post805721 At the time I weighed around 185.

      This is me today, 11 July 2012:




      And just for fun, here's a pic of me doing some yoga the other day:
      Dang girl! Looking great!
      You don't have to be sick to get better.
      Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
      Primal start: 1/2/2012
      My Primal Journal
      Living, loving and learning.

      Comment


      • 7 months Paleo

        Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in.

        I went from a 44" waist to currently a 38". I don't think I have been a 38" since middle school. I went from 3xl shirts to a 2xl and now a few Polo shirts that are XL. That was also a big motivator was being able to walk into a store and buy clothes, instead of ordering them online.

        I work on a tugboat where the diets are terrible even though the coast guard has strict medical guidelines for BMI. That was also always on the back of my mind. They strive for a BMI of 40 or under, even though still unhealthy, if they went any lower there would be no one running tugboats.

        This is my journey so far, I havent cheated at all and I can't go back. My goal weight for now is 225. I think with hard-work and determination I can achieve that goal. My friends and family have been supportive. I have also introduced family members, friends, and strangers to the diet. They have also found success. Well keep fighting the good fight!

        PS. Tattoos are Paleo right?
        meandchowe.jpgmeandkatie.jpgphoto (4).JPGphoto (5).JPG

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JMack383 View Post
          Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in.

          I went from a 44" waist to currently a 38". I don't think I have been a 38" since middle school. I went from 3xl shirts to a 2xl and now a few Polo shirts that are XL. That was also a big motivator was being able to walk into a store and buy clothes, instead of ordering them online.

          I work on a tugboat where the diets are terrible even though the coast guard has strict medical guidelines for BMI. That was also always on the back of my mind. They strive for a BMI of 40 or under, even though still unhealthy, if they went any lower there would be no one running tugboats.

          This is my journey so far, I havent cheated at all and I can't go back. My goal weight for now is 225. I think with hard-work and determination I can achieve that goal. My friends and family have been supportive. I have also introduced family members, friends, and strangers to the diet. They have also found success. Well keep fighting the good fight!

          PS. Tattoos are Paleo right?
          [ATTACH]8391[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8392[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8393[/ATTACH][ATTACH]8394[/ATTACH]
          Congrats Jmack. Sounds like you're well on the way to 225 I'm sure you'll hit it in no time

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JMack383 View Post
            Well this is my journey SO FAR. I started Paleo on January 1,2012 with a friendly email from my friend Ryan who thought I could benefit from the lifestyle. I am 6'1", I started out 362 lbs and I am currently 275 lbs. I have been large my whole life, always thought I would be until I read the "Primal Blueprint". After I read the first book I got every other Paleo book I could get my hands on and dove right in....
            That's awesome! Keep it up
            ______________________________

            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65041.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kakes View Post
              Dang girl! Looking great!
              Thank you!!
              ______________________________

              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65041.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ilanatree View Post
                I loved doing this as a kid. Wonder if I still can?
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                  I loved doing this as a kid. Wonder if I still can?
                  Try it!
                  ______________________________

                  My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65041.html

                  Comment


                  • Thanks for the support

                    Comment


                    • @ Daydreamer, Dude you look just like my brother. Great progress!

                      Comment


                      • @JMack, 87 frickin' lbs! Way to go man! Can't wait to see the pics.

                        Comment


                        • @ilanatree, great progress! The protein powder I use is sweetened with sucralose, splenda, and I mix it with milk, but I love it! So, I can totally relate to the whole dairy and artificial sweetener thing.

                          Comment


                          • I have to say that the transformation is incredible! Great job!
                            You are going to be an inspiration for many...
                            Keep up the fine tuning and the workouts.

                            Comment


                            • Started my weight loss journey a little over a year ago at around 218 and as of today I'm at 178. I'm 39 years old, 6' and feel like I'm 22 again!!! Primal all the way!!!






                              IMG_5454a.jpg2012-07-11_09-57-17_983a.jpg

                              Comment


                              • JMack383- Incredible. You look like a different person and SO much younger! Nice work man! Keep it up!
                                You don't have to be sick to get better.
                                Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                                Primal start: 1/2/2012
                                My Primal Journal
                                Living, loving and learning.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X