Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think I'd be posting in the success thread any time soon, but here I am.

I'm posting a progress photo. The second was taken approximately 15-20 days after the first photo (!!).

I've deflated from 186 lbs to ~178.5 lbs. I wanted to post because it doesn't look like major weight loss, but I just look so much less "swollen" that I thought it'd be worth sharing. This is a 7.5 lbs difference (I'm 5'10"):

Other miscellaneous:

Diet: No dairy or nuts besides Kerrygold. No drinking calories, protein shakes, extra sauces, etc. Haven't been worrying about carbs (mmm potatoes). Eating low calorie.

Workouts have been walking, maybe 4-5 times a week. I've only recently started a weightlifting regimen and sprinting to keep pushing.

More to come, I hope!!!!
    Last edited by kcarol; 07-31-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• HUGE difference for such a short amount of time kcarol!! It really does look like you just deflated! Nice work!
      You don't have to be sick to get better.
      Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
      Primal start: 1/2/2012
      My Primal Journal
      Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• @Mommymd: Great progress, it may not be a huge drop it really is noticeable! Also that workout/yoga top is SUUUPER cute!

@kcarol: Daaaamn, that really is some great change right away! And yeah, ive been thinking I need to cut the dairy to help kill the last of the ab padding thats frustrating me >.< But greek yogurt and hard cheese are soo delicious and filling. Im trying to make them occassional treats/quick high calorie meals rather than staples.

Also, yay underpants!! *throws arms up in air excitedly*
        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Kakes and Corvidae, thank you SO much!

I know I know, it took me a loooong time to say no to dairy. But my skin is also clearing as well. I'd post THOSE photos but it's...my face...lol. Perhaps another day.

lol, I think my progress photo theme will continue to be sports bra and victoria secret underwear. yayyy panties! lol.

Comment

• Lookin' good, kcarol!

Comment

• Some serious progress there kcarol, it's good that you've seemed to find the formula for success for you. Keep up the good work!
              Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

• awesome, kcarol. Your after pic reminded me of all these infomercials I used to watch where women always struggled to get off that pooch. If you show/tell them what you did, you'd be spinning some heads, for sure.
                If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement guys.

@Issanjose, LOL, yeah I still got some pooch going on, but I never noticed how bloated I looked in the first photo. I want to lose about 30 more pounds for that super fit look. This is just the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcarol View Post
                    Thanks for the encouragement guys.

@Issanjose, LOL, yeah I still got some pooch going on, but I never noticed how bloated I looked in the first photo. I want to lose about 30 more pounds for that super fit look. This is just the beginning.
                    And it is a wonderful beginning. You look great!

Whine: I have to give up full fat cream in my coffee? Yikes

Comment

• The latest update, I hit the 5 month mark. For contrast I've included my 2 month photo. I REALLY wish I had taken this photo when I first started.

19 MAY: 5 MONTHS IN

18 FEB: 2 MONTHS IN
                      Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
                      Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
                      Starting Energy: "bleh...."
                      Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
                      Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
                        And it is a wonderful beginning. You look great!

Whine: I have to give up full fat cream in my coffee? Yikes
                        Thanks! You know I started off with lots of cream and cheese. I put it in everything, and my calories would sometimes rack up to 2700. Eliminating dairy has been tremendous for calorie control and appetite.

@BONZ: *blush* looking great.
                        Last edited by kcarol; 05-20-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• @kcarol, you're coming along very well! You noticeably slimmed in 3 weeks.... nicely done! You've also got a hell of a lot more discipline than I do, I can't kick the dairy!
                          Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
                          Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
                          Starting Energy: "bleh...."
                          Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
                          Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

• kcarol,
                            Wow, that is an amazing change!
                            I can't believe that is only 8 pounds.
                            Great stuff.
                            "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

Comment

• ^^ You know how I feel about you PeacefulWarrior. I think this is the highlight of my weekend.

Comment

• Nice new what????? Nice new spam?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Working...
                                X